Jolla Smartphone Review
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2014, 07:00 posted on
What's unique about the Jolla smartphone is that it is powered by Sailfish OS – a new platform based on the now-forgotten MeeGo operating system. The software is capable of running Android apps and it its user interface relies heavily on gesture-based user interaction...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sometimes they need good Reviewer. This Is childish review. Sometimes I see fanism.
20. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Funny how these people comment that this is a terrible review, yet they have never even used the phone being reviewed. Quite hypocritical that this guy calls the author out on 'fanism'.
41. papss (unregistered)
Nice trolling skoms.. So cleaver and has nothing to do with this phone.
85. Dastrix (unregistered)
Sure, 2/10 is better than 9/10. How's math for you?
58. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
2 out of 10, men think about it, this is out of limits.
90. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It's not good device, but after all, it's Jollas first smartphone, made by ~100 guys. OS is great, but it's more like alpha than beta or finished one. Some forgiving must do, and I think that this device should get like 4 or 5, just to be generous.
99. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
typically Nokia fanboy. It is clear that this is a junk phone. It has lesser specs than the Moto G and is about 3-5x the price (depending on where you get the Moto G at) and apparently is worse than the Moto G on all fronts. I cant think of a single reason why someone would buy this over that, and that is a phone that costs about 100-150$ generally.
125. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
oh yeah the specs are what makes a phonne junk now may i remind that unlike android other OS's don't need big specs to run seamlessly
16. easymomo (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
The score is very low, but I read the review... the phone is really really disapointing and has the same price as the Nexus 5 or LG G2.
34. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Brutal is a conservative term. There are no words that could ever describe this review on the planet.
48. Johnnokia (Posts: 1096; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nick T. ,, just grow up.
Your review is more than disgusting.
This is the worst unprofessional review I ever seen.
I can't call a review either.
6 years child could write better than you.
I used to read only GSMArena reviews.
65. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Honestly, I think the review was justified. The specs are horrible and every single pro the phone has, it has to be limited to what seemed "unfinished". For example, the NFC. Why didnt they finish NFC support, if its included. It's $550 which is not cheap by todays standards. It doesnt support much in multimedia. The camera has no HDR, camera lag, etc... Bad call quality. Low res screen...
I would have given it a 1 out of 10.
71. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. I think some ppl have blinders on. Just because you like a phone or want it to succeed....doesnt always mean its a good phone.
100. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
so true. Phones like Moto G are better when they're about 1/3rd of the price, and this phone is just BARELY ahead of the Lumia 520/521 which are about 1/5th of the price.
121. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you do know the jolla office is made out of 85 people they don't have advanced research facilities or beta testers the beta testers are the community i got sailfish running on my n9 and it's great for it's beta tag !
91. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iAgree, iL♥ve this new iPhone 6; there's no need for such a horrific review, that's just unprofessional!!
105. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wonder how much the price played a part in the overall rating. Yes, the Jolla phone is admittedly incomplete, but it's a device for people that like to tinker, explore, experiment, and modify their devices, and want more freedom than what android offers, or something different, fresh, and coming from a semi-grassroots foundation. If it were $200-300, I'd consider picking one up, but $550 is steep for what it is, and better to sell more $300 phones than few $500 phones, IMHO, as it gets the product in more hands and gives more opportunities for crowdsourcing and the like.
2. Sesameopen (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Lowest score on PA up to date.
Damn I was actually thinking about getting this.
25. mobi_user (Posts: 152; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
PA will not give this phone a good review.
First it is a very small company to sponser thing for them.
Second, Jolla is made of revolting members of Nokia+Microsoft. They didn't surrender to the morachy.
Third, Tizen needs to be put in place.
42. papss (unregistered)
So they instead made a pos OS with even worse hardware.. Awesome
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
2 out of 10? Really? Jolla is gonna kick PA's a**.
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Not if everyone else kicks it first
5. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
only 2/10 ??????
i feel sorry for the people who worked so hard on developing this phone
13. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
You should feel sorry for the consumers who are manipulated into thinking that this is a terrible product