Huawei Ascend Mate Review
0. phoneArena 29 May 2013, 08:57 posted on
Barring the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, the Huawei Ascend Mate would have been in a league of its own. The League of Extraordinary Diagonals, that is, as the phone sports a monster 6.1” display. Huawei's largest handset, however, certainly has enough going for it to set it apart from Samsung's Goliaths. Is it better handset than the other big-screen lover dream phones, like the Mega 6.3, Note II or G Pro? Read on our review to find out...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1625; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Wow....I bet huawei are pis*ed sammy took their worlds biggest phone crown away from them....anyway would never really buy a phone over 6inches so no point in my eyes...
7. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
How is Huawei pissed off?
Ok Samsung Galaxy Mega is bigger than this but Ascend mate specifications are better than Mega
10. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
he is talking about size not specs. This phone was the largest.........until Samsung released the Mega 6.3
which means Samsung took "The Largest Phone" crown away from Huawei
14. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Nexus 7 has GSM. Nexus 7 takes the lead.
Xperia Z ha GSM. Z takes the lead.
19. sinple (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
nexus 7 is not a phone. U cant call.
Largest phone is asus Fonepad. 7inch.
15. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
23. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
24. GTR722 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Look at all the Samsung fans unliking your post...lol A Mate is clearly superior to the 6.3 Mega....and PA...if this phone have 73% and ZL 75% of screen size ratio....
2. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
That's a fair rating. Seems like its built solid.
8. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
4. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I still prefer the Note II, this is just way to large. It's not a phablet it's a tablet
I'm waiting for the Note III..Samsung will manage to make it compact.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Typical Samsung fanboy's comment!
"It also sports a screen-to-body ratio of 73% – the highest in the industry"
It is already compact! Jezz...
12. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I never understand your comments,...
first you were an Android fan,, now you love Apple? your profile pic says it all...
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Profile picture can mean anything. It's doesn't necessarily show my support for an OEM or an OS.
Remember the ad? It was funny right? I picked what defined it best, that's all. If you've known me well, i've never been an avid supporter of Apple.
22. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
but you always have to comment on a bitchy way
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lwalzz....keep analyzing all my comments.
I'd rather comment bitchy than comment like a hardcore fanboy.
26. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm not a hardcore Samsung fanboy..
I mean I do love all Android phones... but you know Samsung is my favorite.. It's like football..
You love many football players but you have a special place in your heart for Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo because they are the best...
27. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not actually refering you as the hard core Samsung fan....just replied in accordance to the 'bitchy' comment you mentioned. Peace
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5554; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nice phone but it's too big! 6 inch can't even fit in my pocket!
13. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
It is not for kids.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Not bad. If it lands around €400 where the excellent Oppo Find 5 is, it's another well-priced top phone for your choice.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
BTW mate, I think the PA test unit's camera is broken, I looked up other samples in disbelief of the terrible focus/lens and other results seem to be okay.
21. NIK01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
ratio of 73%??
you should regard that is has no buttons neither the sony.
the on-screen-buttons downsize the real screensize for about estimated 0.2" and the ratio therefore too downsized.
the samsung 6.3 is bigger AND has off-screen-buttons, so the added difference screensize is maybe about 0.4". conclusion: 2mm more width and 3mm more height is more than OK, imho.
there is ONE advantage concerning on-screen-buttons: if you are using a mouse or trackball as I do.
regards from germany,
28. techsurround (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
Now get the Huawei's latest upcoming Glory 4 leaked specs at Wirews tech magazine.