HTC Wildfire Review
incoming call volume was good in the ear speaker, and the voice quality was acceptable. The other party was hearing us fine as far as strength, but the voice was distorted, especially high-pitched conversations. There is no videocalling on the HTC Wildfire as there isn't any front-facing camera, and no application to use the primary one is preinstalled. The loudspeaker is of average strength, and sounds tin and hollow.
Battery life certainly benefits from the slower CPU and the unpretentious screen. With the default 1300mAh unit the phone is rated to clock in as a minimum 8 hours of talk time, even in 3G mode, which is very good for an Android handset.
The HTC Wildfire's display seems to be the main sacrifice on the altar of affordability, along with the fairly timid processor. We think there should be a law forbidding phones with great design to be underpowered and paired to low-res screens. Joking aside, if we didn't have these gripes with the camera quality, the HTC Wildfire would be a decent first stop for inexpensive introduction to the world of Android touchscreen phones. We certainly enjoy the phone's proportions and battery life, though, plus HTC's tradition of coining phones with great design and superb build quality is exemplified fully in the HTC Wildfire, despite its low-range specs status.
HTC Wildfire Video Review:
- Interesting design and solid build quality
- Great battery life for an Android smartphone
- Poor camera quality
- Sense UI doesn't look good on such low pixel density
- Scroll lag in the browser
1. tride (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
This has hardly been reviewd..... :(
2. samir (unregistered) posted on 07 Nov 2010, 12:57 0 0
this phone looks good , and i am going to get the phone soon. i have never had a htc phone beforeXD
3. this_sux (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2010, 03:53 0 0
u call THIS a review??
4. samir (unregistered) posted on 23 Nov 2010, 13:44 0 0
i love this phone!!!
5. kunnyfunt (unregistered) posted on 04 Dec 2010, 09:50 0 0
jeeeeeeez man.wat a review. it scks. r u guys on nokia or samsung payrolls. get a life guys. this phone rocks. u guys need a holiday to clear ur heads. cheeeeeers
6. samir (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2010, 10:51 0 0
mmm this review sucks, but the phone is still best and i going to buy it soon XD
7. halides (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2010, 06:14 0 0
Worth to have this Android Phone. It will give value for your money spent.
Touch is pretty good, very near to apple touch devices, quiet responsive and rugged and sleek design.
8. vineet (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 03:11 0 0
bought this set couple of days back n it rocks:) the review is total shit!!!
9. Nilanjan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jan 2011, 08:15 0 0
The phone surely lacks in the display (therefore no support for live wallpaper) and the processor. However, the processor has not let me down till date.
I have expected performance while listening to music, be it the built-in music player or market apps, reading books in market app and searching a file at the background. The book reading did not hamper, the pages flipped normally, the music played unhindered and the search yielded results in expected time.
I have tested HTC Legend as well. And I have not noticed much difference in performance, keeping in mind the difference in processor capacity among the phones.
In such a price, HTC Wildfire rocks, if you are not much obsessed with the display, which I must say, is not bad at all.
10. ryq (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2011, 09:17 0 0
other web site which reviewed this phone also have same conclusion. they just don't like this phone. but are all praise for HTC high end phones.
11. bharat bhatia (unregistered) posted on 12 Apr 2011, 23:45 0 0
this is d zakas fon................go 4 it.............
12. janam (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 02:12 0 0
yes its rite...... seems dat u guys hve got d agency of nokia. inspite of slow processor n camera quality the phone still keeps it fair position... good goin.....
13. sayantan (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 02:51 0 0
i hate itttttttt
14. htc slow (unregistered) posted on 19 Jun 2011, 05:43 0 0
This phone SUCKXXXX super slow
15. tourist (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 02:35 0 0
This phone got 7.5 which is fairly above average. I also have it - the drawbacks have been properly pointed out, however it is still a good phone, hence 7.5.
16. lion-killer (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 11:36 0 0
this phone is very pretty n sexy in look , slim and fit to hand.
17. Sharadakanta Dash (unregistered) posted on 14 Oct 2011, 05:07 0 0
I am having HTC Wildfire. It has a very less batery back up. If u browse for continuously for 1 or 1 n half hr the batery levels reduces to red signal. Otherwise it is a good android handset. Till now HTC wildfire has given the best features so far within a budget of 11000 only. Sound quality in head phone is very nice. Over ally its performance is very good. No call drops is here like other phones. Even u talk with the loud speaker it gives a very audible voice to the listener at the other end.