HTC Vivid Review
0. phoneArena 10 Nov 2011, 10:04 posted on
Seriously making it affordable on any budget, the $199.99 on-contract HTC Vivid seems remarkably priced to offer plenty of value for the dollar – while introducing us to the capability of AT&T's next-generation data network...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
2. bigdawg23 (Posts: 294; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I just swapped the SGS2 for the Vivid on Monday. I will disagree on call quality. My calls on the Vivid are much clearer and crisp than SGS2. Also I have more bars in more places. One spot I have always dropped calls no longer happens.
As for the Camera, so far it looks as good as the SGS2. I also like the better resolution.
3. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Goldeneye the phone is huge. The skyrocket is thin. Btw, att has the vivid for $99 online and the skyrocket for $149.
9. bigdawg23 (Posts: 294; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Not everywhere. Its that price in markets like NY and LA. However, other places its $199 and $249 for Skyrocket.
28. supplytheginger (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
where can you get it for $99 dollars online(pls include link)
5. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i mean HTC and samsung are making too many android devices...having very little differences bw them
14. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
yes i mean in the last two months we have the rhyme, sensation XE, XL, rezound, edge now ville for android and apart from the rhyme these phones all have practically the same specs with only minor differences.
21. idgaf (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
woah woah woah the edge had a hd display and a quad core processor. How is it not different!?!?
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Haha...oh gash. 1080p in 3gp format?? Why HTC, why????
7. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
I've been saying it for the longest. They don't allow their phones to mature and grow because its always a new coming out next week. I don't care either way. I have the iphone 4 and skyrocket so im set.
39. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
att did not get any of those new android phones from htc in a while since the the inspire. People with att actually needed that.
8. deadinside (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Im sorry but a 7.5..thats a BS score..u guys gave the atrix a 9.0 and that phone is horrible..the 1st and the 2nd one
16. Carlitos (Posts: 235; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
The Atrix is not a horrible phone, well i guess it was close to that when it had froyo, but ever since GB, its an entire new phone. But i do have to say the Atrix 2 wasnt much of an improvement from the original.
18. Gemmol (Posts: 382; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I have the Atrix it is far from horrible, maybe the ones you play with it are defective, but mine is smooth and responsive, the best part I did not remove anything the carrier put and like the other guy say Gingerbread made everything better
19. deadinside (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
im on my 4th atix since it came out, and im sorry but this is the worst phone i have ever had...and its definitely not a 9 like PA rated it
10. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sooooo... the camera is really good, the screen is really nice, it is fairly heavy, we have no idea how it will work on LTE, and everything else is fair-to-middlin?
That about some it up on the Vivid? Okay, bring on the Skyrocket review.....
13. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I expected nothing less from HTC. This is exactly why I will not buy any phones from them, aside from PA's poor and sometimes biased rating system. But this time, I have to agree.
30. JGuinan007 (Posts: 598; Member since: 19 May 2011)
You really like that Skyrocket don't you yeah yeah you do you know its better than the Iphone but why so harsh with HTC
15. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Nothing about this phone says "buy me". Its boring, bulky, and ugly. The sgs2 skyrocket is better. HTC needs to revamp their designs because its pretty played out now.
20. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1025; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Actually I think this is what happens when HTC does try to revamp their designs. It looks like something LG would make. Just cheap and awkward looking. Not up to HTC standards in the design department.
33. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
and no lg has these cheap ass plastic annoying ugly phone, htc has it medal on most spots and makes look a little more elegant, look at the phone in person and you find a big difference, i agree with every week nonsense, lg is wayy off form htc, even samsung makes there plastic non cheap and nicely made
32. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
wrong, i saw it at best buy its alot different then you think, its not all that bulky really, go look at it yourself instead of these pictures. Htc is annoying but all together they dont have bad phones
17. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Ugly and boring. I don\'t see any progress htc.
34. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
its prettier in person
23. Forsaken77 (Posts: 542; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
It may not be pretty but from what i've heard, it's much more reliable... getting better signal compared to GS2 and rock solid performance. I'm waiting to see the Skyrocket review and I want this compared to that phone in the review. Is there any other high-end AT&T LTE dual-cores coming out recently? I got 2 upgrades... one now and one in April. But a 7.5 for this phone is complete horse shit! This phone is more like an 8.5.
24. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Instead of releasing a new phone every week with a slightly different feature, why not release them altogether in one package?
I mean in the last like 5 weeks there have been the;
1. HTC Amaze 4G - Great camera
2. HTC Sensation XE - Nice design and colours
3. HTC Sensation XL - Nice big screen and good looks
4. HTC Rhyme - Thunderbolt for the ladies
5. HTC Design 4G - Ok midranger which no one cares about
6. HTC Vivid - Nice video recording!
7. HTC Rezound- Great screen but played out design
If you guys pay attention you will notice that HTC is releasing their phones in only 2 form factors, like a Sensation 4G (Amaze, Sensation XE/XL) or like an EVO 3D (Rhyme, Design 4G, Vivid and Rezound.
I really don't see the need to release either the Rhyme, Design 4G, Vivid, or Sensation XE.
37. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
well if you think about at&t and htc together last android phone was the inspire and that was feb,. there was a reason for the vivid because it is just another version of the others that came out for different carriers. some people that have att and only like htc dont only want the old aria and the inspire it was a bout time for the vivid to come
25. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
They got too many assembly lines maybe?
26. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Volume, quantity verses quality. That's what HTC's game is and that's how Android works. Samsung, a little less.
29. rayjones09 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Dec 2010)
I actually favor this phone very much so. The White version is beautiful. I would most certainly choose this if looking for an Android on AT&T.
31. wookieslayer (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
beware me my bro and a couple people had this phone for less than a month and returned it for the same issue. it heats up really fast even at low settings. the battery life sucks even if your not doing anything it wont last long. It will get hot when you are charging it. i gave it a 7.5 because of these issues. I constantly had to have it connected to a wall so that my phone would not shut off. I have switched to the skyrocket and have not had any issues. Also I had the settings on low just to see if it was my phone or my settings and it still did the same. So beware hopefully anyone who by this phone dont come up with the same issues as me,my bro and a couple of people i know did
35. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
htc has a bad issue wit phones heating up, but it works good though, as in speed and other features. but your pretty much right in alot of areas
36. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
these pictures are terrible, i saw this phones and its a lot nicer in person
38. jeffkoe (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Can the sound quality in In video recording be fixed through software updates? What makes HTC put such rubbish sound in their camcorder?
40. awestm11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
how come the vivid has a lower rating than the inspire? Im trying to decide whether or not to spend the extra money for the vivid and it seems like an even better phone than the inspire