HTC Touch Pro Review
As we’ve already mentioned, we are not happy with the fact that there is lag when navigating through the TouchFLO plug-in, and sometimes the phone performs inadequately. We believe that this will be fixed soon, but on the other hand HTC shouldn’t release products which are not finalized.
The overall sound quality during a talk is good although the incoming sound is below the necessary level. The sound in the speaker is moderately loud and the voices are muffled. Nevertheless, the collocutor will hear you very loud and clear, which is of utmost importance for a business phone.
HTC claims that Touch Pro’s battery should provide up to 7 hours of talk or 15 days in standby, which are excellent results!
Touch Pro did live up to our expectations: it offers all features seen in Touch Diamond, including the same TouchFLO 3D interface, adding an extremely good hardware keyboard, which makes writing a pleasure. Unfortunately however, it doesn’t bring anything else to the table, becoming just another “old” device. If you have to have the keyboard, is a very good solution, and if not, then the slim Diamond is a better choice. *Bear in mind that at the moment the phone is not as adequate as it should be (although usable) and HTC needs to release a new ROM, to fix this.
- Excellent QWERTY
- The best interface on a WM phone
- Good outgoing sound during a talk
- An excellent Opera Mobile 9.5 browser
- A pleasant design and quality make
- Sluggishness due to the early ROM
- Below excellent incoming sound quality
- Doesn’t offer anything in addition to Diamond’s features
- Good player with low quality
- Mediocre camera
- The slider moves when using the music controls
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
"...you’ll feel the weight, which has been increased with 50%." I think the grammar is wrong in this one, should it not say: "...you’ll feel the weight, which has been increased by 50%."
2. t-pain (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2008, 17:34 0 0
yes the grammar is sub-par throughout the article, but phonearena isn't here to give us English lessons, they're here to offer up comprehensive phone reviews and news.
3. PHug (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2008, 18:23 0 0
Wait, are you saying this phone can't take video encoded 480x640 and you need to down-grade it? So tell me straight, is the Video playback better on this or the iPhone?
4. (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2008, 15:58 0 0
I CANT NOT WAIT FOR SPRINT OR AT&T TO RELEASE THIS BEAST!
5. Schmitty (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2008, 22:21 0 0
I'm adding these pictures to my porn section on my hard drive.
6. (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2008, 13:30 0 0
porn section...lol, thats funny
7. (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2008, 16:58 0 0
I cant wait until December of 2009, when vzw will actually release it!!!! Just a year 4 months!!!
8. Gib (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2008, 19:57 0 0
4 months until December of 2009?? Try 16 months there chief....but yes I can sense your sarcasm and Im sure it is completely well placed.
10. (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2008, 14:39 0 0
he said a year and 4 months big guy.... which comes to 16
9. PaulS (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2008, 11:30 0 0
How come you do not have any video playback tests? Like with Core Player. Maybe some benchmarks and comparisons? I think it is important to know if a device can playback video without conversion or video needs to be converted. It would be nice to know.
11. nyc_rock (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2008, 09:00 0 0
didnt see anyting on being able to type with the keyboard closed. Does it have an on screen querty? That was my biggest pet pieve with he XV6900. No ability to type one handed.
12. Pro (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2008, 07:59 0 0
You can type without the slideout keyboard in the same way like the Diamond.
13. bnapy (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2008, 23:32 0 0
people talking video playback will need to wait for the touch HD
14. (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2008, 14:31 0 0
Is there any word on a rumored or possible price or release date? I have an update but was going to save it for this phone as long as its not out of this world over priced and comes out hopefully before December.
15. e (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2008, 18:08 0 0
I was wondering does to screen tilt up like the 8925 are does it remain flat?
16. Eludium-Q36 (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2008, 00:22 0 0
Successor to Mogul ? Not so much ... I use the HTC Mogul now and was really looking forward to the Touch Pro as a likely fresh-tech replacement. However, I'm concerned that it has no side functional buttons as opposed to the Mogul's [pushable] scroll-wheel, ok button, record button, wifi on/off switch, power button, communications button, and camera mode button. And many of these are re-mappable! These are very convenient shortcuts that get sacrificed on the Touch Pro. The Touch Pro's keyboard is better overall however, the Mogul's convenient "Ok" key is sacrificed there too! I realize the TouchFlo 3D interface is really nice and all but I'm really concerned about the loss of shortcut buttons/keys. And then there's the lack of status lighting. The Mogul has a combination of two multi-colored LEDs to indicate Bluetooth usage, Wifi usage, message waiting, and phone mode. This comprehensive statusing also gets minimized to one or two statuses with a single-color backlight to the d-pad, which will be impossible to see in daylight. I think I've just talked myself out of getting the Touch Pro. Guess I'll hope HTC will do better with the Touch HD Pro in the next year.