HTC Touch Pro Review
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
"...you’ll feel the weight, which has been increased with 50%." I think the grammar is wrong in this one, should it not say: "...you’ll feel the weight, which has been increased by 50%."
2. t-pain (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2008, 17:34 0 0
yes the grammar is sub-par throughout the article, but phonearena isn't here to give us English lessons, they're here to offer up comprehensive phone reviews and news.
3. PHug (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2008, 18:23 0 0
Wait, are you saying this phone can't take video encoded 480x640 and you need to down-grade it? So tell me straight, is the Video playback better on this or the iPhone?
4. (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2008, 15:58 0 0
I CANT NOT WAIT FOR SPRINT OR AT&T TO RELEASE THIS BEAST!
5. Schmitty (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2008, 22:21 0 0
I'm adding these pictures to my porn section on my hard drive.
6. (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2008, 13:30 0 0
porn section...lol, thats funny
7. (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2008, 16:58 0 0
I cant wait until December of 2009, when vzw will actually release it!!!! Just a year 4 months!!!
8. Gib (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2008, 19:57 0 0
4 months until December of 2009?? Try 16 months there chief....but yes I can sense your sarcasm and Im sure it is completely well placed.
10. (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2008, 14:39 0 0
he said a year and 4 months big guy.... which comes to 16
9. PaulS (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2008, 11:30 0 0
How come you do not have any video playback tests? Like with Core Player. Maybe some benchmarks and comparisons? I think it is important to know if a device can playback video without conversion or video needs to be converted. It would be nice to know.
11. nyc_rock (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2008, 09:00 0 0
didnt see anyting on being able to type with the keyboard closed. Does it have an on screen querty? That was my biggest pet pieve with he XV6900. No ability to type one handed.
12. Pro (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2008, 07:59 0 0
You can type without the slideout keyboard in the same way like the Diamond.
13. bnapy (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2008, 23:32 0 0
people talking video playback will need to wait for the touch HD
14. (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2008, 14:31 0 0
Is there any word on a rumored or possible price or release date? I have an update but was going to save it for this phone as long as its not out of this world over priced and comes out hopefully before December.
15. e (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2008, 18:08 0 0
I was wondering does to screen tilt up like the 8925 are does it remain flat?
16. Eludium-Q36 (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2008, 00:22 0 0
Successor to Mogul ? Not so much ... I use the HTC Mogul now and was really looking forward to the Touch Pro as a likely fresh-tech replacement. However, I'm concerned that it has no side functional buttons as opposed to the Mogul's [pushable] scroll-wheel, ok button, record button, wifi on/off switch, power button, communications button, and camera mode button. And many of these are re-mappable! These are very convenient shortcuts that get sacrificed on the Touch Pro. The Touch Pro's keyboard is better overall however, the Mogul's convenient "Ok" key is sacrificed there too! I realize the TouchFlo 3D interface is really nice and all but I'm really concerned about the loss of shortcut buttons/keys. And then there's the lack of status lighting. The Mogul has a combination of two multi-colored LEDs to indicate Bluetooth usage, Wifi usage, message waiting, and phone mode. This comprehensive statusing also gets minimized to one or two statuses with a single-color backlight to the d-pad, which will be impossible to see in daylight. I think I've just talked myself out of getting the Touch Pro. Guess I'll hope HTC will do better with the Touch HD Pro in the next year.