HTC Rhyme Review
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:14
Meet the HTC Rhyme from Verizon Wireless - one of the few smartphones that are designed for women. But in doing so, the Rhyme is fairly unappealing to men, which is eliminating half of all potential smartphone buyers. Let’s take a closer look at the Rhyme and see if it has what it takes for the ladies...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. roldefol posted on 10 Oct 2011, 09:18 0 0
I'd think the men's version of the Rhyme is the Droid Incredible 2, not the Thunderbolt. Very similar specs and pricing, just lacking Sense 3.5.
20. JohnSPiere posted on 24 Nov 2011, 14:17 0 0
I'm a guy and got it just $0.01 athttp://bit.ly/spdMCX Penny-Pincher Promo. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)
2. breathlesstao posted on 10 Oct 2011, 10:12 3 2
Plumb? You'd mean plum. xD And um...don't overgeneralize - I'm male and yet I love its color. Oh, and btw - if you write "lighted charm seems useless" in Cons at the end, at least please mention it in the review. There's nothing written about it at all, except for the fact that it comes in the retail box.
10. FAUguy posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:23 1 0
We did talk about the lighted charm on the 1st page:
"There is also a lighted charm that you plug into the headset jack. When you get a new message or call, the charm will light up, so it’s not to disturb anyone. But it seems rather odd to use this, as the phone’s display would also turn on, and you can set the phone to vibrate if you don’t want it to ring."
14. Angie2011 (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 13:19 1 0
The charm would actually be very handy, if you have your phone in your purse or other bag you can't see the display turn on or feel it vibrate, therefore the charm would be great.
3. dblue45 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 11:49 2 0
I don't remember the irremovable battery being a cons for the iPhone, PA...
4. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 10 Oct 2011, 12:05 2 0
Lol get use to it. They didn't even take points off the iPhone 4 for its horrible attenna issue. Nor do they drop points for it not having adobe flash, yet if an android phone either does not run adobe flash or it lags while flash is running, they drop points on it.
7. Galaxys2...R posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:51 0 0
Hence why many call this iphone arena. Tbh I do think it is unfair that many phones have far better specs than iphone and iphone has less things yet doesnt get marked down compared to other phones but anyway. I would rather have this phone than ip4 or 4s anyday, not in this colour though not that there is anything wrong with the colour but this colour suits my GF more lol.
11. nando posted on 11 Oct 2011, 04:07 0 0
how tha heck the color is a con? is design for women.. but if iphone comes with a purple phone PA will say is impresive!!
5. Joshing4fun posted on 10 Oct 2011, 13:32 0 0
The lack of the ability to remove the battery seems like a huge con. What if the phone ever freezes? It's rare with good phones, but it happens to them all. That would scare me. Seems like a pointlessly stupid flaw.
9. ca2l3vin posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:00 0 0
Hold the power button on this phone over 10 seconds and it acts like a hard stop on a pc. Everything shuts off aslong as your power button works.
6. justme (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:07 2 0
To help you guy types out, the charm can be connected to the phone with a short wire. The idea is that the actual charm will stick up over the top edge of a handbag and blink when a call or notification comes in. The the user can then grab the wire to pull the phone out of the handbag quickly. Actually not a bad idea, for us handbag-carrying types.
We now return you to a discussion of the processor. Carry on, gentlemen!
8. htchd7 (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 14:54 0 0
this ph is very nice
15. GeekMovement posted on 13 Oct 2011, 01:49 0 0
I'm curious to experience Sense 3.5 for myself.
16. nikhil009 posted on 15 Oct 2011, 23:39 0 0
this colour stinks ...! how gaming experienc on it.!
17. Fanny'77 (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 11:42 0 0
does it vibrate when you get a text message? heard it doesn't so it makes me real iffy about buying this phone..
19. lizurrrd posted on 31 Oct 2011, 16:40 1 0
Hurrrrrr, this is a woman's phone because it's purple. It appeals to women because it's purple, it's a woman's smartphone.
Good God, I hate you. I'm not anywhere close to a feminist, but this is really pissing me off.
21. derfinsterling posted on 01 Dec 2011, 11:49 0 0
There are two more colors - "hourglass" and "clearwater". Most shops currently carry only the hourglass version.
22. joepvanl posted on 07 Jun 2012, 16:29 0 0
Can you disconnect the battery by putting some sort of paper between the battery and the 3 connector pins as they are showing when the cover is off?
23. dcosta1 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 10:57 0 0
I love HTC phones, and this is no exception. It even comes with a dock, however the phone's color doesn't really make it an exclusively woman's phone. If it was pink, then that would be different.