HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC doesn't list official talk times from the 2300 mAh unit in the One, while Galaxy S III pegs its 2100 mAh battery as capable of a more than 11 hours convo in 3G mode. The S III also scores pretty high in video playback hours, pegged at around ten, while unofficial tests show the One to master about eight, but in browsing endurance the HTC One will likely beat the S III handsomely on account of AMOLED's higher power consumption while displaying white backgrounds, so it would be a pretty tight overall score in the end.
Samsung's Android mojo does a disservice to the Galaxy S III with its ability to lose value slower than other brands. Granted, without carrier subsidies the Galaxy S III is roughly 20-30% cheaper than the SIM-free HTC One, but you get so much more from HTC's handset in every department, that it's probably not worth the money saved.
The HTC One sports a sophisticated and head-turning design, brighter high-res display, much better sound recording and output, as well as superior low-light camera footage. Thus one of the very few reasons to pick the S III before the HTC One is if you have to have a swappable battery and a memory expansion slot, in all other cases HTC's current finest is a clear winner before Samsung's last year bestseller, as can be expected.
HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S III:
1. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The S4 look bigger than the One, even though its actually the converse... Hmm...
13. JaM1977 (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
S4 is smaller than S3... so it cant look bigger than ONE...
35. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I only laghing to this comprision..its clear one smock s3 even next repeation s4 or s3$.
41. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
HTC One is long like the iPhone. I prefer the S4 myself
37. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
That's because GS4 has bigger screen 4.7" vs 5"
So basically GS4 is smaller than One with much bigger screen.
Do you need any more explaination?
30. abdane (Posts: 480; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
no sd card ? non removable battery ? no android true multitasking because sense lags alot ? i dont think so, GS4 wins, IMO
but HTC wins design, no arguments in that :P
33. bbblader (Posts: 585; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
dude this isnt the GS4 its the GS3 dumbass
read first then comment
43. PlazmicFlame (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
Just goes to show how Samsung has confused their own customers, lol
36. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
abdane Im running sense 5 on my phone as we speak and I also Have the Nexus 4 rooted overclocked and they are the same speed only sense 5 destroys stock. Also i might want to add that the sense 5 im running is a unofficial base and still in beta3. pretty dam good if you ask me.
42. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
At 32 GB , It doesn't need an SD Card slot. That's plenty big for most people.
3. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
One vs S4 vs XZ
biggest comparison of year.
please make it PA.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1790; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If they made that comparison it would be beauty and the beast if you know what I mean
6. Meleagru (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
It would be more like The good, the bad and the ugly.
10. ajac09 (Posts: 1369; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
htc paid for this its why they did it. Putting the htc one against those it would die
19. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
rubbish, phonearena have always been doing comparisons between phones like this, including different generations(they did various HTC's vs others, newer galaxy vs older galaxy etc), and this is no different.
5. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Lol what kind of comparison is this?
GS4 will crush HTC One
Htc one delayed
Htc one has manufacturing defects, check xda
Htc one has worse ddr2 vs ddr3 in gs4-- graphics way faster on gs4
Gs4 better battery too
Htc president gonna resign, htc RiP
24. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
don't worry men your GS4 is gonna win any comparison
even if XP Z VS HTC ONE VS GALAXY Y, galaxy y will win the comparison
for phonearena samsung is the best
just look what phonearena did to XPERIA Z AND LUMIA VOTE
XPERIA Z from 6000+ vote to 1300
LUMIA 920 from 8000+ vote to 3100
i wonder how much samsung pay this site
31. chocolaking (Posts: 466; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Samsung spent 70% of their budget at marketing, and the rest 30% for factory production. that's why they never have any innovations. never have any sense of designing. But people are brain washed by their advertisement. and think samsung is the best!
consumers really needs to wake them self up.
They are just paying money to help samsung makig more Ads, but they do not put in effort on making good product for customers.
44. chocolaking (Posts: 466; Member since: 22 May 2012)
HTC One is better in every aspect. It's better than S4 no doubt.
But you GS4 is will win always on Phonearena.com .
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
THE ONE and only....BYE GS3
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1369; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I would hope the htc one would beat a phone from 2012..
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1369; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol gs3 vs htc one? lol why not htc one vs gs4?
23. Jack58221 (Posts: 141; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Does it need to be out? All they did was ready the specs then fondle the phones. Didn't they get to touch the gs4 or red the specs?
22. tiara6918 (Posts: 1790; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They probably made the comparison for those people owning an sgs3 interested with the one or some one who's after good value for their money,if they're not after the latest gadgets they would go for the sgs3
14. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
"this comment is brought to you by samsung fanboy "
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's way past time to stop comparing the S3 to the latest flagships.
16. moe53 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Guys you should compare it with the Samsung galaxy s4 and not the s3
18. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
they don't care, they just want the clicks
20. bubbadoes (Posts: 403; Member since: 03 May 2012)
stop with the boring comparisons..HTC One can only be compared to the GS4 and that's it until Motorola/Google comes out with their X development this summer...and save the Z10 the iphone 5,5s from comparison also-not needed
25. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
hahahaha phone arena comon. r u seriously comparing sammy crap junk to this beautiful beat HTC ONE? now whole world know OFFCORSE HTC ONE IS FAR FAR MORE BETTER . its best among all even gs4. btw what have they changed in gs4? NOTHING LITERALLY!!!!!! same old story from samsung. HTC ROCKS . CHEERS
29. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agree. HTC One is better but I'm still lovin my S3
38. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
cant tell which is the best .. but htc one owns dazzling look which does not own by s3