HTC One S vs Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2012, 05:24 posted on
On first read the Samsung Galaxy S II is pretty similar to the new HTC One S - both have 4.3” AMOLED displays, dual-core processors, 8MP cameras and the same battery capacity. When you dig deeper, though, the choice is not that hard as there are key differences in software, hardware and design...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. OmarF82 (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
How about a video between both devices HTC One S vs Samsung Galaxy S II
2. redmd (Posts: 1239; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
How about a comparison between HTC one x vs Samsung galaxy note.
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
vote for S II. I just don't like HTC. Something is not right...not polished enough. S II is a more balanced phone.
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
Both of them sucks!!! Iphone4s all the way :D
4. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
There's no way on earth that i'll buy a smartphone that doesn't have sd slot, no matter how good is it.
5. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1231; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
This isn't even a comparison. The One S wins easily. Not that the SII could ever be called bad, it's just aging. Newer almost always wins and this is no exception.
33. 99n100 (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Don't agree that One S won the race over SG2, don't forget that was one year old technology and HTC have not learn to improve their design with what most people want in their wish list.
34. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I thought the two devices pretty much tied?
6. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Sd card is a must 4 me.... I have 1 sd card which has all my media and I use it o,every new one o get... Only time sd card didn't hold me back was when I got the iPhone and how I hated that... Now every time I get an android phone it needs to have a sd card slot.. Design wise no argument, but I much rather prefer tw over sense because it is much less bloated and less ram hungry than sense...
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The new Sense 4 is actually a lot better than Sense 3.x when it comes to being bloated, so performance should be equal or greater than Touchwiz on the S2. Especially now since the Tegra 3 and S4 are running it on the One X and One S, it's absolutely no problem
7. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
finally wishes do come true a comparison of SG2 and ONE S! :)
hmmm... impressive i like one s for its built and interface but its sad that it only has 16gb and a dropbox that is good for only 2 years :( i have to think though im still enjoying my WP for now i just want to try the new ICS built phones :) how i hope ther next match wil;l be galaxy note vs one s
and xperia s vs one s please...
8. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I still prefer the galaxy s2 because of the non-pentile super amoled, exynos, and sd card.
13. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
You still prefer it even though it has a slower processor, worse display
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
better camera, my 1.8ghz dual core exynos is plenty fast, and i don't need an insanely high resolution display on a phone, sure its nice to have but its not needed, im waiting on the sgs3 before i get a new phone, hoping it will have expandable memory and if not multiple storage options
9. kunzj646 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I still love my galaxy s2...! One s may b a grt phone..bt just imangine..it is being compared with Gs2 which is almost a year older.!
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, it's only natural to compare it to the GS2. The GS2 was basically crowned the king of the android phones, so it should be a necessity that every high end phone being released be compared to it. But it seems now that the One X is king ;) well, the GS3 might de-throne the One X lol
39. ricky0702 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I would prefer the smausng S3 because its features like the
S-Voice and S-Beam, with the bigger screen and a better feel towards it software as well as having a MORE user friendly interface. The S3 also has expandable memory and better audio visual abilities. I would think the Samsung S3 as a HTC one x but with more features and a better design therefore there is no reason why I wouldn't go for the Samsung S3.read another briefed comparison of the One X and Galaxy S III
10. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
duh if you have a phusical/capacitive menu button already then of course you are still going to use it...it would be silly to disable the menu button on the s2..
11. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The GS2 seems to hold its own very well for a phone that's a year old.
In summary i'd say GS2 for us smartphone enthusiast who want SD slot, and mem expansion and One S for the average user, either way you're getting an excellent smartphone.
17. pegasso (Posts: 270; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
they're comparing a new phone versus a year old phone.
guess who win the battle, and who win the war?
18. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
it doesnt matter how old the phone is. it was still the best phone out there. A lot of people who like samsung are starting to become like apple fanboys
20. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
They won because they provided a product which cost the same, and was better in most regards. You compare things by price, not age.
14. 1701nino (unregistered)
I just don't get it!!! Please help me understand, how can anyone buy a samsung phone over htc one???Samsung has an uuuugggglllyyyy UI the worst in the techworld. And the ICS upgrade for the SGII,is that a joke??? It looks and feels the same as gingerbread.
Personaly I would never buy a samsung phone except maybe galaxy nexus.
I know you got custom ROMs and this and that but an regular user should not know about that stuff. And one more last thing,samsung you better amaze us with GS III, not just the hardware the UI must look awesome;)
32. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i agree with you, but dev support + removable battery + SD card makes the GSII a winner for me, and on par with One S to many. if those three aren't a biggy for you then the One S is a better option.
15. khanmhsn (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
GS2 is too amazing........because after a year it is still standing upto current phones.
25. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Don't compare the phones by how long they've been in the market, just simply compare the specs and see which is better at the moment.
GS2 as a high end phone at the time of it's release should be able to stand up to current mid level phones and that's nothing to be surprised about. I think that the One S itself is pretty amazing that it has the capability to do better than One X.
19. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Stop complaining about how it is unfair to compare the 2. He even said they cost around the same, and if they both cost the same, then the One S wins because it has more value for money and is better in most aspects.
Again, this is assuming thy both cost the same
22. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
HTC developed a great device. I'm still enjoying my gs2 and galaxy note.
30. jonahleq (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
The brand of Samsung can't be trust.http://www.ce.cn/cysc/mobile/x
31. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Boring, please phone vendors, Bring us something new, not retread of the same old tired UI from 3 years ago........... yuck.!!!
35. JamesVURV (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
You miss a big point here when comparing screens. The SGSII has a "Super AMOLED Plus" screen which has sub-pixels that make the screen amazing and its brightness and outdoor view-ability on the SGSII are amazing because of this!
37. JamesVURV (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Another note on this is the photos clearly show the "Auto" screen brightness feature enabled on the SGSII and this will automatically dim the screen indoors to save battery life. This would be a more fair comparison is the SGSII had the screen brightness turned all the way up! I think the this review needs some editing done to make this a more accurate comparison.
38. BrettNDodds (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I purchased the GalaxyS2, it's brilliant for phone photography. HTC doesn't compare!
40. rahuliyer1996 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
I think ONE S has a better performance clocking at 1.7 GHz Krait Dual-core processor! Is'int it?
42. Foilies (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
can anyone post a video of the notification Led for the htc i wanna see if its bright like the s2 blue light