HTC EVO View 4G Review
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jun 2011, 06:22
After months of speculation they finally announced the Flyer back in February, and while the 7” tablet would be running a new version of sense with HTC-worthy hardware it curiously was only running non-tablet optimized Android 2.3. To some extent they have countered with their own excellent Sense interface, and with the release of the EVO View 4G on Sprint they have added 4G data to the model, but will that be enough to compete against the Galaxy Tabs and Transformers of today?
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. moofoodooloo posted on 24 Jun 2011, 18:21 1
The cons should not dock this device half a point. The scribe pen is actually quite impressive and is not a burden to carry around, all of the cases I have seen include and slot to put the pen.. Not to mention, the pen isn't required to use the View.
Honeycomb is on its way. It's a shame it could have shipped with it, but it is on its way.
That leaves the "lackluster camera performance", which I don't believe is as important in a tablet as it is in a phone. I'm not worried about my tablet taking pictures, I'm more worried about performance and web browsing capability.
2. Jasper Hayes (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 16:30 0
I purchased the flyer from best buy and I am not impressed.
1. Too heavy , much heavier than the playbook
2. Not comfortable to hold,the aluminum backing is slippery
3. Couldn't get Hbogo , xfinitytv to work.
4. Skype works great, very clear
5. Only way to take a screen shot is with the pen.
6. The pen is great but I wanted to perform some basic excel edits. My plan was to get rid io paper and edit on the run. should be able to tap a cell and edit but not that easy.
7.The screen is crisp and great for movies.
8. I am returning and waiting for the HTC Titan on ATT
9. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. big thumbs down.