HTC Butterfly S Review
0. phoneArena 09 Sep 2013, 07:25 posted on
Just like a real butterfly, evolving from a caterpillar to moth, the HTC Butterfly has transformed into the Butterfly S, a brand new device by HTC…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2147; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It is what the HTC One should\\\\\\\'ve been, but with a very big body and the same problematic 4MP image sensor it will be hard to compete against the best of Sony, LG, Nokia and Samsung (and Google and Xiaomi and Oppo and Huawei and Alcatel and ZTE).
I love the battery size, the SD600 I do not understand though, this is not February anymore.
3. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
hooo hooo big joke!!\
8 of 10 for butterfly s !!
i expect atleast 9 /10!!
reviwer must be sleepy for it.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1019; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
wow that\'s rather low. i expected it to score more than the xperia z, at least. the battery is a huge factor it deserves a better score.
5. uchihakurtz (Posts: 297; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The camera killed it, it would\'ve been perfect if it had a decent or above average 8/13 mpx camera.
6. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The UltraPixel camera is very underrated in reviews because it\'s actually one of the best if not the best camera out there!
8. uchihakurtz (Posts: 297; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
.... I haven\'t played with it, so I can\'t say much, but from what people are saying, it does great at night shots but other than that, not so. And to be honest, 4mpx is not enough for some or most people, if they can come up with an 8mpx Ultra Pixel then it\'d be great.
But I like the video recording, I saw the sample and it was really good.
7. lallolu (Posts: 276; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
HTC should stop all this 4mp ultrapixel nonsense.
Make it 8mp ultrapixel, then we can talk.
9. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Don\'t know how the device got an 8... it should get at least 9. Its a beautiful device with a beautiful screen. Def looks better than any galaxy device.
11. alcheng (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
I bet it is because it lacks the apple logo...
note: I am not an apple fan at all, but since this site is so bias to apple product.... ;)
10. alcheng (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
The Flash Player support feature alone should bring the score up to 9.5/10 already...
12. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I didn't actually know that until I saw your comment, I completely agree with you and I'm beginning to really consider this phone, unfortunately it will be difficult to get my hands on.
13. alcheng (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
\"Both are exceptionally good browsers, but the HTC one has one key advantage - Adobe Flash support.\"
--quote from the review
14. JMartin22 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If the HTC One and this Butterfly S phone released at the same time, the latter would deserve a higher score. It's better in every conceivable way almost. It's just not metal and the screen's a bit dimmer. Also, I love the stupid "Con" they threw there about it being large, thick and "unwieldy" - it's mindsets like this that's making battery life suffer, due to each trend to make the most anorexic phone.
15. ibrhmymn (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
which one should I buy, Butterfly S or Xperia Z1? can you give me an advice please :)