HTC Amaze 4G vs Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2011, 05:24 posted on
It seems that every week a new Android superphone is released, and last week it was the HTC Amaze 4G and Samsung Galaxy S II launching for T-Mobile. With lots of onboard memory and a helping of Gingerbread these devices are pretty similar on paper. So, which device is right for you? Come along with us as we explore these two beastly phones...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
These smartphones are no longer stealing the spotlight.
I just can't wait for
Google Galaxy Nexus Review
Motorola DROID RAZR Review
Galaxy Nexus vs Droid Razr!
3. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Damn that Razr I'm basically drooling by just merely looking at it. still it pains to live in the Philippines for I wont be seeing it being sold there.
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I think Motorola abandoned the Phil already. Very little moto phones.
The Droid Razr with ICS will destroy any phone anytime.
13. SGS2FTW (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
REALLY?? I doubt the RAZR can beat the SGS2 running ICS... and a qhd WTF??? It's a new age and it bring HD 720 not qhd
14. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
the razr and nexus aren't they only decent phones available
2. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
surprisingly htc camera is better than samsung but still behind nokia and SE
9. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, they said the opposite, the samsung camera was better over all as it was more consistant and worked properly. if you have to take 3 shots of everything to get one right, the camera sucks.
4. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yeah...and that's quite strange, what Despite of dual cores and gigs of ram, they still cannot compare to what Nokia and SE have done in camera department.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it has nothing to do with dual core, and everything to do with the fact that the N8 uses superior Karl Ziess camera optics over the pinholes that 99% of phones come with, including these 2.
6. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Ok HTC you fixed the screen and maybe the camera, now you just have to knuckle down on this battery issue.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
in order for them to do that, they would have to drop those crappy S3 snapdragon chips off at the curb. They would also have to make Sense more battery friendly.
This is the only galaxy2 that uses that crapdragon chip, and amazingly its the only one that gets crap battery life. thats not a coincidence.
7. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Samsung just needs to work on more original designs.
8. Packer29 (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
Another week another high spec Android Super Phone i am so glad i went back to IOS!
16. choupino (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 May 2011)
That is because you're an idiot. It is people like yourself that are scared of choice and options. You believe that having more than one option is something negative and you scurry away from it like a scared child running from the Boogeyman...
You seem somewhat annoyed that each of the device that have been released at least 8 months ago have better and newer texh than your devie released 17 days ago??? Lol
15. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
i just got the sensation 4g in june and i almost fell cheated... the amaze 4g and the gs2 look great!
17. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I own the EVO 3D and it PIMP SLAPS THE SENSATION SILLY and destroyed the IPHONE 4S. I applaud HTC on the AMAZE 4G IT'S ANOTHER EVO 3D NO DOUBT. The best device that hasn't made it to market yet is going to be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with ice cream sandwich it will clearly blow away any device. Why try having an optimization of the entire operating system for dualcore devices that has never been done with gingerbread that's for sure... PURE GOOGLE ANDROID OPTIMIZED ON THE GALAXY NEXUS WILL BE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER HANDSET WITH ICE CREAM SANDWICH PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I WILL HAVE ICE BOTH THE EVO 3D AND GALAXY NEXUS NOTHING BUT THE BEST
19. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
What I don't get is the review for the Amaze was a 9 and the GS2 was an 8.5.