Google Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire
0. phoneArena 27 Jul 2012, 06:04 posted on
Eight months ago, the Amazon Kindle Fire ignited an explosion in the tablet universe, as it came to the table bearing one competitive price point that was regarded as unheard of at the time. There now seems to be a newcomer that’s looking to shake things up even more. Considering that the Google Nexus 7 is flaunting an exact price point of $200, while boasting newer internals and a fresh experience, it’s seemingly ready to grab the spotlight away from under Amazon’s offering...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I understand the reason for the comparison, and yes the fire is good in its own right. But talk about a landslide victory.
3. sorcio46 (Posts: 395; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Nexus 7 is far beyond man...
Is not even a comparison, it's a slaughter !
24. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
i totally agree! but we all must bear in mind that kindle is built for E BOOK reading purposes. Games and browsing are just plus points but clearly NEXUS 7 can do all that with the help of GOOGLE PLAY STORE. still Kudos to both of them!
28. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Nexus 7 Vs Kindle Fire... Round 1... FIGHT! 5468213584861384518 Combo attack! Fatality!!!!! Nexus 7 Wins... Flawless Victory!
5. MeoCao (unregistered)
It will be fair to compare N7 with next gen KF, but it will still be a blowout by N7 anyway.
25. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
correct... unless new kindle device will have an access to google store then add a front and back camera
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
sadly the nexus 7 hadware wise KILLS the fire but the comparission had to be made due to the price nature of the 2.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Why sad? That's great for customers. Well done Google.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Sad? Sounds like you own a fire and your upset that the Nexus is the new 7 inch king. Be happy that we have another quality choice.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Much credit needs to be given to Amazon for finally adjusting the pricing for mobile equipment. They opened a very important door and hopefully that standard sticks for a long time.
8. pistolashtc (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Dec 2010)
Of course the Nexus is better, its obvious...
9. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This comparison makes more sense than comparing it to the iPad or any other 10 inch Android tablet.
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1401; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
many accepted N7 vs ipad comparison....bt not N7 vs fire..... wats power of N7.....
13. Aeires (unregistered)
It's basically hardware and OS vs. ecosystem. Amazon isn't dumb, their ecosystem is a draw for many customers. Google just overwhelmed them with everything else.
15. ap1989 (Posts: 144; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
You cant even compare these two tablets capared to the Nexus 7 $199 price and its greater specs the Kindle Fire should fall under 100 bucks.
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2962; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Amazon should drop the Kindle down to 50 bucks because this was a freaking slaughter. Nexus 7 wins in every department without any effort.
18. MoonlitTear (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Jun 2008)
This comparison is meaningless. At 8 months on the market the Fire is just about EOL. I am not even gonna read this article. Just throw this comment in. And no I am not a Fire fan or a Nexus Fan. Just wondering why this article is relevant. Like comparing the Nexus One to the galaxy II. Moving on.
19. Veigald (Posts: 237; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
I haven't tried the Nexus 7, but have the Kindle Fire myself. The original firmware was just horribly slow after a while, so I put CM9 on it, which is a massive improvement. CM9-running Fires versus the Nexus 7 is probably a closer race, although I'm very convinced the Nexus 7 is a far better device.
That said, I'll never again get an Android tablet, I'm holding out for a Win8 slate next. Surface Pro, anyone? :)
20. buggerrer (Posts: 286; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
i own the KF, and its totally waste of money!
seriosuly. Even with flashing Jelly bean rom. it still sucks!
the display is just a mirror :(
22. yooyoojohn (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
God, I hated the Kindle Fire. The Nexus 7 is a definite winner over the Kindle.
23. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
wow, i heart this line - 'it’s going to try to extinguish the Amazon Kindle Fire’s luminous flame.' but wait amazon is cooking up 'the new kindle fire' soon....who knows what kind of specs it will posses to stop google nexus 7 from 'extinguishing its fire.. lets all wait and see.
27. dman72 (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
it all depends on what you do with the fire. i have it rooted and have 4.0.4 running on it well. i had 4.1.1 but wasnt up to par yet
32. ahmedalkzaz (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
the future will bring more amazing tablets to the market so its a mater
of time only