Camera comparison: Sony Xperia Z vs Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 920
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:37
Ladies and gents, it is time for another camera comparison between the top smartphones in existence. And without a doubt, all eyes are on the Sony Xperia Z, which is equipped with the company's new Exmor RS camera sensor. With 13 million pixels and perks like HDR video mode, Sony's top-of-the-line handset should be a great performer, but will it manage to beat the fierce competition?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
4. harsh_doshi posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:51 25 10
wtf..lumia clearly seems to be better in night..2 in indoor and color reproduction..video too it has the best one..i don't noe wht is happening to PA first the supplier article in a completely biased tone against nokia and now this..
10. harsh_doshi posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:57 21 5
I mean really PA? I remember the last photo shoot without the z and the ip won with a slight margin over the lumia (pr 1.0) now that it is pr1.1 which is definitely better.. Samsung takes the cake for most situations including night and video are you kidding me pa????..really disappointed:(((
22. SleepingOz posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:18 10 3
Go file your complaint there.. =]
93. maccess posted on 15 Feb 2013, 14:56 5 1
then where the "iphonearena" name came up?? because they biased to samsung?? good logic kid..
34. GTR722 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:33 16 6
PhoneArena is just a Samsung site, we have to dealt with it....I came here for the good image quality of their videos...but they are just 100% biased to samsung, its a shame.
77. asingha94 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:33 4 4
so true buddy!you better follow gsmarena. Atleast they give a good review. PA is paid.
95. maccess posted on 15 Feb 2013, 15:01 8 1
in fact the s3 & note 2 has a well arround camera.. we know it since the s3 came out.. nothings wrong in this comparison really.. some fanboy really try to calm down themselves..
142. HDShatter posted on 15 Feb 2013, 17:26 2 3
I bet phonearena has set the cameras quality to lowest settings possible. They do this in iphone vs android test all the time.
237. kclgphilsbsa posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:04 0 0
look at this and ull surely shut ur mouth :D
5. schecter7 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:52 20 7
Another joke! Where is HOX? GS3 night shots are super crap compared to HOX. I owned both of them. And Xperia T is better than both. There is no way Xperia Z will take worse pictures than Xperia T. GS3 should not even be in the comparison. How much did Samsung pay you PA ?
15. harsh_doshi posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:59 14 6
exactly my point last time the photo shoot between these guys Samsung was completely trashed by lumia and ip..and now it magically comes in to be the best??..PA did u give those phones drugs??:p
19. PhoneArenaUser posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:10 6 3
Before buying an device, always need to check as much as possible different sources to get real understanding about one or other device. And that's why I never trust photo and video samples from single source because they easily may be "corrected" by an biased reviewer!
76. urtard (banned) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:32 5 0
This message was brought to you by Sony shill agency.
238. kclgphilsbsa posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:05 0 0
6. _Bone_ posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:54 0 8
Like a dream come true, I only posted a request for such article some 30 minutes ago.
40. PhoneArenaUser posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:39 3 1
If it was your dream, then why there is no Oppo Find 5 in this comparison? :D
8. lee480 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:54 5 6
Fun fact: Sony made the cameras in both the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3.
9. p5yb0rg (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:56 11 0
the software determines how the phone uses these cameras
11. jlp34876 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:57 5 3
does the lumia 920 used in here is running portico already?
13. alila2 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:58 25 9
4. iPhone , S3
by the way, i use a Samsung.
73. akki20892 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:22 2 5
i agree with u bro.......and get easily more likes on comment write samsung......lol
239. kclgphilsbsa posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:06 0 0
162. iushnt posted on 15 Feb 2013, 21:35 1 1
Lumia cameras are not that great.. 808 is different story..
16. Diego! posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:01 10 7
I don't know but Galaxy Note II camera is amazing! But it's my opinion. :)
17. jackhammeR posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:06 4 7
this comparison shut cut all stupid comments about super-duper quality of sony's exmor sensor
31. pwnarena posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:26 3 5
no, this only proves how biased the reviewer is. in some articles on this very same website, the iphone and lumia shots are winning. now, they're being thrashed by the galaxies. go figure.
41. jackhammeR posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:42 1 5
get real and stop dreaming about Z but you've got a point. I remember artcicles praising Lumia's low light capabilities and Iphone's shoots.
49. Rexperia posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:56 2 1
HATERS would stay as HATERS....EVER...
53. jackhammeR posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:09 2 2
and looking at your avatar I'm quite confident you're unable to construct any objective consensus
165. iushnt posted on 15 Feb 2013, 21:42 3 1
I have read previous comparisons where ip5 thrashed 920 in cameras.. You can search and see.. They have mentioned no where about galaxy camera being poor and now strong.. You are such a Samsung hater.. If they were really biased then galaxy would be above ip5..As for my personal experience, I have never used Sony devices so I won't comment on them and I totally agree this news and their ranking.. They are not biasing and it seems in every Samsung post you are the one who is biasing..
214. jackhammeR posted on 16 Feb 2013, 11:49 1 1
I think you suffer from some serious eye injury...if ip5 destroys L920 in low ligh enviroment....oh well..time to get some glasses for you
20. RamyRamz69 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:14 11 3
I am sorry to say this Phonearena, but I am disappointed.
First of all, you take pictures using the Automatic mode? Phones such as the XPZ and the Lumia 920 can reveal their true potential using the manual mode. Not to mention that you had a Canon Powershot there.
Second of all, even if you were using the automatic mode, you should have set the Xperia Z to iAuto+ which takes pics in 12 MPs
33. freebee269 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:29 4 2
but if phonearena did this then it would go against what they were trying to convey here. they dont want the other phones beating a samsung phone. i own a galaxy s3 and lumia 920, and recently my sister got an lg optimus g (very nice phone btw), my lumia 920 and sisters optimus g take better pics on a consistent basis than my galaxy s3. and i like my galaxy s3. it's just the truth. but you wont get the truth when there's agenda involved.
59. Taters posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:31 5 1
haha The Optimus G is a superior phone to the GS3, I know because I have owned both. However, Saying that the camera on the Optimus G is better than the one on the GS3 is far far far from the truth. LOL
Go read every review where they rip into the LG camera. Oh, I forgot. According to you every reviewer would be paid off to say that the Lumia 920 sucks in the day and that the LG camera sucks period. Am I right?
187. kclgphilsbsa posted on 16 Feb 2013, 02:12 1 0
copy those pictures on one laptop.. if you will view what s3 captured then the SuperAmoled will have a big effect on its quality..
23. shashi.map posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:21 12 2
LOL!! In the previous camera shootout ,the Lumia & Ip5 were on top with Ip5 just marginally better than L920 and in low light L920 was the best, the galaxies were nowhere.........but now the galaxies are on top,even better that ip5 and the L920 is on bottom..........this shootout doesn't make any sense. PA try using the manual mode on the Xperia Z , then it might prove its worth
168. iushnt posted on 15 Feb 2013, 21:58 2 0
The comparison you are talking is just between 920 and ip5..
240. kclgphilsbsa posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:06 0 0
24. pwnarena posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:21 2 1
now i don't really understand why phonearena's xz photos are dark and less detailed. in the photos from other sites, they don't turn out to be this awful.
149. HDShatter posted on 15 Feb 2013, 17:42 1 3
They are probably using photshop to make it look the worst.
152. maccess posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:15 2 0
please my friend.. you don't have to go that far..
25. jackhammeR posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:22 13 3
"The Nokia Lumia 920, which is usually a decent low-light performer," JESUS CHRIST...
has anyone from PA's team re-read this article?
Even you in your review on this site admitted that 920 is the best in low light poerformance and now you're taking some crappy photos only to back up your newest verdict?
Who made those pictures? A drunken monkey?
26. serge327 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:22 4 1
The sample photos of Xperia Z look like taking with 2x or some x digital zoom. I can seen the Digital Zoom quality photo when see on 100% photo size... can someone confirm this???
*Sorry for bad english*
27. pwnarena posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:22 4 2
apparently, the person doing the test just does not know how to use the devices being reviewed.
28. jackhammeR posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:23 5 3
nothing about OIS?
great comparison...keep deteriorating this site, Nick T.
30. dreeemer posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:24 6 2
I see iphonearena stopped short of declaring a clear winner! Seemed like Sammy was going 2 take it. The obviously biased site had to lump their Apple product in over Sony.
If this was a human arena, Would the judge look@the dead bodies, & say,"well, this live guy AND the dead 1 over there fought better than the rest"? No...
Stop whimping out. Declare a winner.
32. TerryCrowley posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:28 7 14
The Xperia Z still sucks, just like I said it would. What a surprise.
39. freebee269 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:38 6 2
when it comes to comparisons, i dont look at phonearena's comparisons as legitimate at all. their first comparison of these phones minus the xperia z has a totally different conclusion than this one. what changed? did these phones have some sort of camera update that fixed things to make them leap over the other phones? i dont think so. the conclusion i get from phonearena's comparisons all the time is they are very inconsistent and the people doing the comparisons need some training in how to take camera comparisons.
56. neutralguy posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:19 2 1
I gotta agree. They should learn from GSMArena.
241. kclgphilsbsa posted on 17 Feb 2013, 09:08 0 0
go here, ur boasting gsmarena yet s3 outperformed XZ :D
42. papss posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:42 10 5
This site is ran by some of the most bias bloggers.. PA should change their name to Sammyarena... What a joke of a site
43. kaliil10 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:44 9 6
every sentence starts with Samsung galaxy s3 and note 2. its unfair comparison
44. vignesh_viggs posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:44 1 0
why the images are loading below the comment section in PA site..?? !!