Camera comparison: One X vs Galaxy S II vs Nexus vs N8 vs iPhone 4S
1.HTC One X
2.Apple iPhone 4S
4.Samsung Galaxy S II
5.Samsung Galaxy Nexus
This was it, shutterbugs. Apparently we don't have an ultimate camera phone here, but even if we had one, it wouldn't have been the new HTC One X. The handset did arrive with a very fast ImageSense camera, which made photo-taking very intuitive and fast, but it's not up to snuff when it comes to the quality of the actual photos and video. You'll be able to achieve much better results with the iPhone 4S and even with the oldie-but-goodie Galaxy S II. The real shock actually came when we saw the Galaxy Nexus beat the One X in many of the categories, which wasn't really expected. If you are taking a lot of photos and video with your cell phone and hoped that the One X's ImageSense camera will raise the bar in this respect, better look elsewhere.
1. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Quality of Nokia N8 images still can't be beaten by the others in this test.
95. jsjakesaid (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
True, but as the review is by RAY S, it sucks, he clearly has something against the one x, it is clearly one of the best cameras here, and he doesnt acknowledge it, but ranks it last, go kill yourself ray s... you suck!
100. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I actually have to agree with Ray S. With the samples shown, the One X really is the bottom performer overall. What I was wondering was why the Xperia S wasn't included in the comparison? I'm betting it would end up 2nd or 3rd. Hard to admit but no matter how I look at it 1st overall would be my toothy fruity enemy.
158. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Well technically Sony still kinda entered. The 4S and GSII both have a Sony camera
105. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Clearly has one of the best cameras here? Looks to me like it doesn't at all. It has some cool technology behind it, but the results from the above images tell a different story. Wait until the guys at GSM Arena do a review and then you'll really have your answer about the quality of One X photos.
106. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah, I love the GSMarena reviews. My only problem with it is they release it too late!!!! :p
130. CléonLeGrand (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
Make good and fair review needs more time !
162. theNewDanger (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
It's up! http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_on
Picture and video from the One X "officially" suck!
25. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
what I really want to see is a Nokia N8 vs Nokia 808 PW
that would be worth it
this is obvious that the N8 would win in this comparison
92. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The Nokia has an amazing camera, definitely the best, I think most people don't like the iPhone so immediately they disregard it's camera. But I think the iPhone is in 2nd place, the HTC in third place, the galaxy s2, then the nexus. They all have great cameras
169. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
no s**t even 2 years later just goes to show how behind the others really are!!!!!
3. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
how can the galaxy nexus place last on ease and speed?
Its like the easiest and quickest method possible! I owned the S2 and Nexus and although the s2 took better pics the nexus is quicker and easier!
4. hungcolin (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
After reading HTC ONE X review of Ray, I think Ray really have prejudice with this device.
35. jhan410 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
n8 is still camera king but haha who still believes Ray S?,,
all of these photos were handpicked by him, took the worst photos of one x just to justify his mistakes,,,, how can a fanboy even have a job at phonearena? lol
if you want "professional" reviews of the cam here:
if you want a "Non-RayS-sortfanboy-professional-notpaid-by-apple" review here;
http://www.swedroid.se/htc-one-x-recension - google translate
97. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Wow so that's what a real review looks like
116. jhan410 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
broken link,,,just google "recombu htc one x camera comparison"
the Swedroid one x review shows the real camera capability of one x that was not handpicked and edited by RayS :))
121. odevoted (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Have not translated any of it yet, but JESUS is this a FULL review or what.....tempted to start learning Swedish and start following that site......
126. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The Recombu review is done by Basil Kronfli, AKA the erstwhile "Basil from PhoneArena." It's funny how two different reviewers can come to COMPLETELY different conclusions.
37. jhan410 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
any hottest android in competition w/ his "4-year-old-ui-ipodtouch-with-a phone 4S" will be downplayed by ray s. :))
63. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Wish he would have thrown in Sony Experia S too :(
77. romeo1 (Posts: 719; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
the xperia s camera is the best of all the phone cameras that are available at the moment ;-)
5. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
Why isn't the N8 even mentioned ONCE in the summary? I know it's old and you won't recommend it overall, since the UI is terrible but for a camera it's amazng 2 years on.
6. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
its because they love to mention more about the iphone...
117. shandesilva (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
when i saw the topic, i was sure the ipohne would be the winner..this time i m surprised. dumb as they are, they too realised they couldnt rate iphone as the winner...so there is no winner..!
7. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Htc One X
Samsung Galaxy SII
Samsung Galaxy nexus
In that order......
23. bucky (Posts: 2617; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You have to be a true fanboy to put the gnex above the iphone 4s. Give credit where credit is due-the iphone has a great camera.
40. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Yes I agree with you but people don't know that if you have a perfect water drop on iphone's camera it would be the best in macro shots
102. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah. I'm a die-hard FanDroid, but even I know that the Gnex's camera isn't on par with the One X, SGSII, and iPhone 4S.
48. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Honestly, the photos only look good on the iPhone's screen. Me and my friends took a few pictures when we went to the amusement park and we settled that he'll take the pictures with his iPhone instead of my SGS2 because they look better. When I got home and imported my photos and he imported his into the computer, I can tell the quality difference isn't that great (close to no difference).