Camera comparison: Nokia Lumia 925 vs Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note II
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 04:23 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 925 is supposed to be a great cameraphone, but is that really the case? And is the smartphone's camera as potent as those on the current high-ends? Well, thats what were here to find out. We've brought along a handful of smartphones to compare the 925 against – the 13MP Samsung Galaxy S4, the HTC One with its 4MP “Ultrapixel” camera, the iPhone 5 with its 8MP snapper, and the Samsung Galaxy Note II packing an 8MP camera...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
And why would you include that terrible performer in a test of the best?
11. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
HAHAHA!! you forgot the last test they did, Xperia Z is 3rd behind Iphone 5 and S4!! So Hahahaha
12. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Haha... never stop trying to bash Sony, last time you said Xperia ZU have terrible viewing angle, now Xperia Z
you better check this before you say anything about Xperia Z camera
19. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
What viewing angles have to do with the camera?
35. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Because bone keep talking about BS
Last time he said Xperia ZU have terrible viewing angle.
Now he said Xperia Z have terrible camera
I just proved it that all the things he said is ONE BIG LIES
45. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
xperia zu indeed has terrible viewing angles.
50. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha it seems you have to much s**t in your eyes
go check thishttp://blog.gsmarena.com/check-out-this-epic-16-minute-sony-xperia-z-ultra-hands-on-video/
124. t0litzsanity24 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
i have a question...why is it that viewing angles is a big deal to you?...what are you goin to do if u wanna use or view ur phone?..sideways??
14. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
i think You were the one
Who said bad viewing angles for zu
And later after giving many links to u
U just went off??
Everyone is waiting for ur reply on that article
31. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
U mad Sony's blurship was left out? The flashless ZU won't make it either haha. No flash on a $900 device.
33. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
That is true. Instead of making it so slim, they could have used a better camera and a bigger battery. 3000mAh just won't cut it for a display and processor like that.
42. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Im more to slim due to its huge size, the batt. Is OK, bigger batt means its like carrying small ipad (not the mini)
54. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
And the battery .. can't compare to note 2, it suck with that 6.44 full hd display, just plain phablet, no pen slot, better stick to note series.
91. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
being able to use anything as stylus is great and combine that with 6.44" full hd and sharp display you have nothing to worry about productivity.
i still remember when people bashing and comparing Xperia Tablet Z small battery (6000 mAh) with bigger battery in Nexus 10 (9000 mAh),
but according to battery life test on gsmarena Xperia Tablet have about the same battery life like Nexus 10 only about 1 hour less when it comes to web browsing.
so i think Xperia ZU battery life will be just fine.
and according to Sony Xperia ZU can have
up to 16 hours 3G talk time
up to 7.5 Video Playback and
up to 120 hours music listening
we all know in real life situation the result can be much worst than that, but for now those official numbers are good enough for big device with small battery
85. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
N y youre being biased against SONY?
109. bgdkid (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
hmm let me see last time i checked iphone and samsung cameras are MADE BY SONY..
4. ghaniosman (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
First of all congrats to PA for a mobile optimized site! Better late than never!
84. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Phonearena are BIAS AGAINST Sony phones.
117. Kal-el (Posts: 93; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I have note 2 & i love it ...not cuz it's samsung, i've owned everything (htc, moto etc) ....literally LMAO but QUESTION!!!!??? are any of the modes changed in the photo taking such as Night mode to ensure the camera's full potential...NOOOOO!...making this "shootout" ARTICLE of a "CAMera review" redundant. Nokia should have killed everything in night mode at least thus keeping at least 2nd in the list if ANYthing. NOOB-Arena
118. mayur007 (Posts: 566; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
even thr bravia engine cannot reduce the noise
and increase the sharpness of thr camera pics... :p
The company know for making camera is bashed by others comapny in camera quality..
2. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
I have too much bias toward Nokia that I think I should compliment on the iPhone pictures ^^!
23. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
This is a terrible camera comparison. Some photos are taken from far, while some from nearer place.
52. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The phones also have different depths of field and apertures; they may have been taken from the same distance and cropped badly or just the nature of the setup.
126. faune (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
They are taken from the same distance. Focal distance in Lumia 9xx is further than others.
65. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Exactly.. do not believe on these comparisons..