Camera comparison: Huawei Ascend P7 and Oppo Find 7a vs Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G2, iPhone 5s, HTC One (M8), Sony Xperia Z1
- 1 Introduction and Colors
- 2 Details
- 3 Indoor
- 4 Panorama
- 5 Night
- 6 Video
- 7 Conclusion
- OPPO Find 7a specifications
- Huawei Ascend P7 specifications
- Samsung Galaxy S5 specifications
- LG G2 specifications
- Apple iPhone 5s specifications
- HTC One (M8) specifications
- Sony Xperia Z1 specifications
Time for the last category in our camera comparison – videos. The Huawei Ascend P7 impressed us only with the excellent sound quality in its video footage. Image quality, however, even at 30fps 1080p, is rather disappointing. Details are poor and the artifacts introduced by the software compression are spoiling things even further. A heavy motion blur makes night videos unpleasant to watch. In contrast, the Oppo Find 7a takes 1080p video in great detail. Night-time footage is grainy, but its fluidity is retained well. The only thing we didn't like was the average sound quality.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is better at shooting 1080p video than these two handsets. Its videos are smooth and detailed, while the camera controls its focus very swiftly. Night videos are quite enjoyable as well. Sound quality is pretty good overall.
The best thing about the iPhone 5s and its 1080p videos is the excellent software image stabilization, which keeps the frame very steady as you hold the camera. Details are plentiful and the footage is smooth even when shot at night. The only issue with the iPhone's videos is the poor quality of the sound in them.
Videos from the Sony Xperia Z1 look decent. They aren't as detailed as, let's say, those from the iPhone
or the Galaxy S5, but they're still pretty good-looking. Besides, Sony's handset records surrounding sounds in great clarity. Even night videos are recorded at a smooth framerate.
We like the smoothness and stability of the 1080p videos from the LG G2. What we don't like, on the other hand, is the digitized sound and the slow auto-focusing. Furthermore, the phone's night videos are barely usable, spoiled by unacceptable levels of motion blur. You should really forget about using the 60fps option in dark environments.
And then we have the HTC One M8. Its 1080p videos are actually pleasant to look at despite the lack of optical image stabilization. What's more likable is the sound in its videos. Compared to the rest of the bunch, the One (M8) excels in that respect. Night video footage is also decent despite the occasional motion blur.
double click to zoom in and out
1. Oppo Find 7a Sample Video
2. Huawei Ascend P7 Sample Video
3. Samsung Galaxy S5 Sample Video
4. Samsung Galaxy S5 Sample Video - 60fps
5. LG G2 Sample Video
6. LG G2 Sample Video - 60fps
7. Apple iPhone 5s Sample Video
8. HTC One (M8) Sample Video
9. HTC One (M8) Sample Video - 60fps
10. Sony Xperia Z1 Sample Video
11. Panasonic GH2 Sample Video
12. Oppo Find 7a Nighttime Sample Video
13. Huawei Ascend P7 Nighttime Sample Video
14. Samsung Galaxy S5 Nighttime Sample Video
15. LG G2 Nighttime Sample Video
16. Apple iPhone 5s Nighttime Sample Video
17. HTC One (M8) Nighttime Sample Video
18. Sony Xperia Z1 Nighttime Sample Video
19. Panasonic GH2 Nighttime Sample Video
Camera comparison: Huawei Ascend P7 and Oppo Find 7a vs Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G2, iPhone 5s, HTC One (M8), Sony Xperia Z1 - Video