Camera comparison: Huawei Ascend P7 and Oppo Find 7a vs Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G2, iPhone 5s, HTC One (M8), Sony Xperia Z1
0. phoneArena 14 May 2014, 08:11 posted on
Until recently, Huawei and Oppo were brand names with little to no recognition on the smartphone scene – pretty much nobody had heard about them. Things, however, have changed a bit over the past few years. Both companies have proven that they're capable of producing quality smartphones, and their current flagships – the Huawei Ascend P7 and the Oppo Find 7a – are built to compete with all those heavily advertised brand name flagships...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
4. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Z2 and Z1 basically have the same camera with minor differences nothing really earth shattering.
9. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
So why didnt they use the HTC One M7 instead instead of the M8?? Or the iPhone 5 instead of the 5s??
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1215; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
please do your research about the camera on the m8 and 5S compared to there predecessors. Z1 to Z2 did nothing but minor software tweaks,
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No, the point is to compare the latest phones & their cameras. The so called "minor tweaks" ALREADY make your post invalid.
BECAUSE of those "minor tweaks" is WHY the Z1 should NOT be included in this obviously bogus review.
What is going on here?
33. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well taking in consideration that the Z2 brings minor improvements to the already good Z1 camera... and given that the Final Scored received in first place was a tie between S5, P7 and Z1... then those minor improvements would place the Z2 slightly above all competition...
So: Z2 > S5,P7,Z1 > 7A,5s > G2 > M8
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What a GREAT post. Thank you for using some proper logic.
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No, your logic is very ridiculous. Why on Earth would you even post such bogusness?
How that makes sense to you is beyond me. Where is the red thumb down when you need it?
PhoneArena.com we need the red thumb down added again...
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Those minor tweaks make a huge difference in today's cut-throat competition.
26. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Very true, to omit the Z2 & add the Z1 is flabbergasting to me. I really am shocked more than anything.
To take the time to do such a detailed review & omit the Z2 BUT to add the Z1 is so regrettable.
27. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I know. I am not saying its acceptable that PA didn't include Z2. But I am just trying to point out that the difference wouldn't have been over the top. In my opinion, they should've even included a Lumia 1020
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sorry then, I misunderstood you.
Based on your post I thought you meant since the differences are so "minor" that it shouldn't have been added.
Also you are definitely right the latest Nokia Lumia should have been included also.
61. ogee4life (Posts: 105; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)
I don't know what you on bout, the Z2 is clearly better than the z1. It's obvious your just looking at hard ware features in making your assertions. The z2 takes far better low light shots than the z1, its software it better optimised and produces better detail and colour rendition. Go read detailed analysis from the guys at dvox and other top rated tech sites. Then I thought the oppo phone uses the same camera found on the Sony xperia z, same exact sensor and I believe exact software but yet it gets so much praise but the z last year criticised by pa. Just food for thought.
60. ivanprskalo (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Also, LG G2 with 4.2.2 software.. Really?
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Look at s5 and m8 in color comparison. It looks exactly same and still m8 is last.
6. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
What are u talking about ?! M8 clearly has a strong bluish tint to its pic.
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I agree.....I seen in thumbnail that's why I said that.
40. elitewolverine (Posts: 5185; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I see the same colors except in the first photo, and most likely due to a white balance not being set, and the fact that it is taking in more area of photo and trying to compensate.
But the rest of the pics it is nearly exactly the same and would be pulling the color from the photo in a photoshop would produce similar results.
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That's EXACTLY what I was going to say... What a POINTLESS review.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
To take the time & do all that research, just to soil it by adding the Z1 instead of the Z2 is truly an embarrassment.
PhoneArena.com is a lovely website to get up to date information on the LATEST & GREATEST in the mobile world. Does PhoneArena.com proof read their stuff before posting it online?
This is truly a rookie mistake. The Z2 is out & the Z2 should have been used NOT the Z1. I don't care if it had minor software tweaks or not, to use the Z1 instead of the Z2 is just plain old unacceptable.
I have been reading this site for many, many years & I come to expect the best. This is CLEARLY not the best.
24. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Maybe be the review unit of Z2 is in europe with Ray S. and Nick T. has done this comparison in U.S.
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't buy that at all. This site is viewed world wide. The Sony Xperia Z2 reviewed was not the US version yet they showed us here in the US the review so, why not add the Z2 to this camera review then?
25. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Even if they didn't had Z2 it would've been acceptable. But since they've already done its review there is no reason them to not include Z2.
31. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This whole review feels like an affirmation need after the blind camera comparisson... like: "yes readers, we agree with the rating"-PA
And a way to put the iPhone at least on the same level as the Oppo
36. sar44 (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
BSI is dead. Sony, Omnivision and others, turn to isocell.
Ascend P7 (Sony IMX 214, last sony sensor with "improved colors") it proved