Apple iPhone 5s Review
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2013, 07:09 posted on
As history has shown us, we’re in one of those years where Apple decides to retain the styling and design of its previous iPhone, and simply spices things up in the specs department, as well as throwing in some other new goodies into the mix. In this particular case, the iPhone 5s brings forth a fancy schmancy new fingerprint scanner called Touch ID, a first of a kind 64-bit based Apple A7 mobile processor, and an updated iSight camera with larger sized pixels. Beyond the hardware goodness in tow with the iPhone 5s, it’s also sporting Apple’s biggest undertaking yet, iOS 7, which has been a long time coming...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Xavier1415 (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
this phone is trash and apple fanboys will buy anything thats apple smh
5. JDogg5281 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I wouldnt say it is trash...just a little boring the design hasnt really changed since....ever. Same thick box look.
64. promise7 (Posts: 880; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Thick? It's one of the slimmest and lightest smartphones available.
127. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Galaxy S4 has 5 inch screen and yet it is Slim and Lightest. Nit to mention its Advanced features. Unlike this Outdated, Boring Over priced iPhone again.
132. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
This comes with touch id fingerprint sensor
Does ur dandroid comes with it?
136. realnic55 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
If you're buying a two year old Atrix it does.
151. rightcue805 (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
oooooo it was hacked in the first 3 days.
180. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
And "was" updated in the next 3 days
173. Alexs21 (unregistered)
Wow it comes with a finger print sensor.
186. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
That's just a gimmick, and probably just a way for the NSA to get your fingerprint. Besides, haven't you heard of the Vivo Xplay 3s? Or the HTC One Max? Or even some 5 year old phone? Get your facts straight before posting.
194. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
The s5 does. My dandroid also comes with face recognition.
181. Alexs21 (unregistered)
He didn't say it was thick he said it looks thick.
193. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Right, but it feels thick compared to other phones. Motorola devices are amazingly designed with a curved back, nice materials, and that awesome little "dimple." The iPhone 5s (and the iPhone 5c, and the iPhone 5, and the iPhone 4s, and the iPhone 4, and EVERY IPHONE) is a box that FEELS thick because it's just a slab.
100. Leo_MC (Posts: 1570; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
If Rolls Royce lines are borring, than iPhone's are too.
133. CtK4949 (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Rolls Royce are boring as hell!! Just like the crraple phone!!
7. bucky (Posts: 2606; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Really? What's trash about it?
Camera? Screen? AppStore? Sound? Speaker? Support? Updates? Software optimization? CPU? Gpu?
I don't get it...
91. saffant (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Screen size, and originality (or lack thereof rather).
108. Leo_MC (Posts: 1570; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I carry my 55" plasma; I find 5.7" Note to be sooooooooooo small...
But I'm a 2.5 m giant with 20 cm long fingers so I can easily use the Note, unlike average 170 cm Joe which would have to use 2 hands.
170. saffant (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Get a S4 then, or a HTC One/ Nexus 5 etc.
iPhone's 4" screen is a bad.. bad joke.
169. saffant (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Sure it is. That's two BIG reasons. See how people flamed the S4 when it came out cuz it looked to similar to the S3. Well the 5S looks IDENTICAL to the 5.
Also, this is 2013.. 4" screens are dead. In this multimedia age, everyone wants a bigger screen.
191. gutuebogdan (Posts: 29; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
Not everyone wants a bigger screen. 4" for a smarphone is perfect. Everything biger than 4, 3" is perfect for a multimediaphone. Just my opinion.
122. sabres0809 (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
No originality. Just a finger print scanner and a processor that won't be relevant because everything is made to run on old processors
192. mstar010 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
Are you kidding me? Apple introduced the first touch screen smartphone that was actually good.
I feel like everyone else has no originality making phones with smartphones.
Plus you get incredible build quality with an iPhone only rivaled by an HTC One.
All the other android phones are cheap plastic pos.
152. rightcue805 (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
ALL OF IT! The fact that you guys still don't have a removeable battery, no expandable memory. SUPPORT? HA
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Did we expect anything less from iLovers??!!
NO!!!! So, take this review and the content herein as biAsed and, therefore, iNvalid since the reviewer (s) have completely disregarded alllllllllllll of the short-comings with this phone and its' lovely lavender-laced iCon operating system. Nevermind the fact that there are at least 100 things that Android can do that iOS/iDudz CAN NOT. Enjoy the fabriCated review as a TMZ article and nothing more. I'm waiting for the reviews for Galaxy Note 3, HTC One Max and Nokia 1520 (Verizon) to seehow they iSpin their reviews in comparison to this quasiPhone review.
49. greathero1 (Posts: 566; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
At some point you are going to have to change it up a bit and kill the silly stuff. You ought to get tired of saying the same cheesy stuff everyday. The phone has reviewed well across numerous tech sites so everybody is wrong but you........get over yourself and calm down. The Note will get a 9.5 so you can claim supremacy again in a couple of weeks.
143. darkkjedii (Posts: 21677; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shhhhhhhhhhh, oh yeah PA already shushed you.
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 2445; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
If it's trash, then what would you call all the phones that it beat in benchmarks? Poop? Sh**? Dung? hahaha