Apple iPhone 5 Review
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:25
Interestingly enough this time around, it seems as though Apple is the one that’s actually catching up to the competition, since they’ve finally brought a bigger screen and speedy 4G LTE connectivity to the iPhone 5 – while continuing to improve with a retooled camera lens and new chipset. Add in that it’s flaunting a new design, though still ...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
14. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:43 4 10
I'm actually glad there is a review that is not Android biased, unlike every commenter on here. Great review!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:43 3 0
its not Johns fault any thing lower and they would look at him funny
17. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:47 2 6
Android users can't hate until they try iOS, seriously. I've used both, through many phones and I will always go back to iOS.
31. Oxygen posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:03 3 1
Have been using iOS for 2years(and still on my ipod touch) before switching to Android. Guess what? I'm not going back! Like XPERIA-KNIGHT said, it is too restricted.
40. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:10 2 5
Well, you are only a handful who feel the need to manage processes and every UI detail on their cell phone. Android will slow down over time, and you know it.
58. Oxygen posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:20 2 1
only a handful who want to share my files with my buddies from other platforms without jailbreaking, etc.. list is long and you know it. What do you mean by slow down? activations or innovations? Sorry but Android is doing well in both.
73. Oxygen posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:28 1 0
their files with their buddies
67. chaoticrazor posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:24 5 3
mate seriously just stop, you shamelessly bash android then cry when anyone bashes apple.
android is more advanced-fact
iOS is a simple restricted os- fact
if you choose whatever you prefer not a problem but when you then come on here slagging off other phones and OS's and blindly praising everything apple does what do you expect to happen?
i have to say ifans are the worst of the fanboys.
''Android will slow down over time, and you know it.''
well iOS is slowed to a halt and just playing catch up so what are your thoughts on that
83. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:33 2 3
When an Android phone gets the publicity and media coverage, let me know. Obviously it's more than just a few people who like it. Just keep your Android phone, and I'll keep my iPhone.
312. chaoticrazor posted on 24 Sep 2012, 16:56 0 0
mate how many times i dont have an android,i just know out of the 2 which is more functional, used both before you say i havent experienced them
just because i dont like the iphone you automatically think im in the android camp...sad really
225. Kevin0988 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 23:55 0 1
just compare your galaxy s3 with iPhone 3gs see how stutter lag animation on galaxy $3.
70. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:26 0 1
Also have you heard about Google ADK and Arduino?
Does iOS can give such opportunity for us? NO!
88. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:37 0 0
It is very important thing because such things gives ability for people to create and innovate and it is very important! A lot of innovations can be made using this which will help in our lives!
128. MAS10X posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:18 2 1
Nowadays people are making that transition because the phones are no longer just a piece of equipment that let's us make calls. Now, it has started to become the way we communicate with everything from news, work and play and even our social life. You, my good sir, seems to be part of the handful who are ignorant enough to think that a phone is great by just doing the bare minimum.
133. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:25 1 0
Agree! And that's why today there is two different terms PHONE and SMARTPHONE.
33. sorcio46 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:04 2 1
Android User coming from iOS :D i have found my place here
61. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:21 0 6
From Cupcake all the way through to Jelly Bean. On the G1, G2, Nexus One, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, and GS3.
68. SleepingOz posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:25 7 0
Watch out! Your nose is growing.
85. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:34 0 6
I'm not lying.. sorry
95. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:43 0 4
I'm using a Galaxy Nexus right now with the JO030 flashed rom, before VZ released it. I root all my android phones too, but I'll always go back to iOS..
163. MartyK posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:56 1 0
Sell you S3!!
I don't understand how ios user claims they have all these wonderful Android devices, but refuse to sell them...lol
63. Berzerk000 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:22 6 0
iPhone 4 user here for a painful month, I switched carriers for that thing. After jail-breaking about 2 weeks in (which made it very unstable) I still found it too restricting. Came running back to T-Mobile and got myself a GS2, haven't looked back; actually, I'm looking forward, to the next Nexus that is. iOS is nice, but not Android nice. And even though I hate Touchwiz on the GS2 with a passion, I still find it more bearable than iOS.
I only think iOS is a media UI. I like the music interface, but that's it; and that's why i got an iPod Touch. I can't use it as my daily device.
97. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:45 1 0
have you ever tried flashing any ROMs to your SII? i know there's an AOKP JB Build with your name on it.
110. Berzerk000 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:58 1 0
Rooting was never really my thing, I don't know why. Maybe it's the voided warranty, or the fear of bricking my device, but it just never appealed to me.
I would LOVE to have stock Jelly Bean, or even stock ICS, but I just never had the will.
129. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:19 1 0
yeah, it is kind of scary to pop your rooting/modding cherry but once you finally justify it to yourself and go through with it you'll know it was worth it. i don't really worry so much about the warranty because i can restore everything to factory condition and unless you get a real stickler kind of rep they either don't care or don't notice anything that does get through to them that you modified anything. i've gotten rooted phones and phones i've bought from a third party replaced under warranty. i honestly believe that T-Mobile has customer service that's as good as Verizon's was before they started acting up recently being that they always trade places for the JD Power & Assotiate Awards and from friends with good things to say about it. you do have to be careful about bricking your phone but really if you just make sure your phone is charged before you do anything and you know how to follow instructions it shouldn't be a problem. i just make sure to do all the reading on what i'm doing before i start doing it, all of the guides, the comments, the notes, all of it. just in case you know? the AOKP JB Build 2 is pretty solid. i'd recommend trying it out and the T-Mobile SII is officially supported. o:
164. Berzerk000 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:56 2 0
I'll take a look at it, no promises however. Much respect from me King.
195. protozeloz posted on 22 Sep 2012, 21:03 0 0
to me is backwards, no apple product fairs well in my hands, I'm even getting rid of my iPad
280. AppleHateBoy posted on 23 Sep 2012, 11:11 0 0
Can't try an iPhone. Too expensive in my country.
18. Ravail posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:48 6 0
I wouldn't buy this phone as of now due to no YouTube or Google Maps.. Other than that, welcome to 2010 Apple!
20. cheeseycheeser posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:49 1 1
Original iPhone? I wanted one more badly then anything!
iPhone 4? That thing was awesome and unlike any other phone.
4S? Only sold because of the not so great Siri and the iPhone reputation
5? Besides being the SIXTH iPhone my biggest issue is that even though its a great device they DID NOTHING. Why is it selling?! Be innovative and then I'll love you again apple! The 4 shifted attention to premium materials and the camera for all devices. What's this doing? Making easy money.
23. knights4life03 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 17:55 2 0
There should be more cons there...... battery life unchanged, no sd card slot, charging port changed... come on phonearena
34. Mozarrt posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:05 4 6
Always funny seeing PA"s little cult of Android users getting all butthurt because of a phone which does not run Android.
You are just making fun of yourself.
38. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:07 0 7
I agree. Who needs comedy when you can come here.
39. jellmoo posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:08 1 0
A little on the high side of a score for me. I would go with an 8.5 personally. A premium device, no doubt, but the lack of innovation and high price tag bring it down somewhat.
Though, to be fair I would also give the Galaxy S3 an 8.5 as well. It featured a similar lack of innovation, but somehow is always given a "pass" for it.
82. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:32 1 2
lets be real about it........if the galaxy s3 had just a slightly better design as in premium, then it would litterally be the best phone out hands down....that is the only thing samsung is messing up in and thats why i choose HTC and Sony....yea sony is lacking a smaller battery but this time around the Xperia V and TX have removable ones so their is litterally no more excuses for not giving sony the attention that they deserve....HTC is lacking storage slot and bigger battery, but thats where the evo 4g lte comes in........u know so why are the galaxy s3 and the loser iphone 5 beign held as kings still?? becuase its a contest thats why
43. mas11 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:12 2 0
So the pros are it's pretty and the cons are it lacks functionality hahahaha
50. ediedade posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:15 2 2
quintessential bias review. they brought yesterday's tech and you score it 9
65. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:22 3 4
Do you really think the reviewer on PhoneArena would really want to hurt the user base of viewers on the website by rating it well? Maybe they're just being honest and not biased, unlike most commenters.
143. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:36 1 3
Yesterday's tech? Because iOS is more efficient on lesser hardware doesn't make Android better. It makes iOS better. Imagine if they used specs like a quad core and upped the GHz like Android phones need to run quickly. No one would touch iOS if they did that. Apple is smart, why do you think they're the most valuable company in the world.
165. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:57 2 1
"...why do you think they're the most valuable company in the world."
Because of good marketing and nothing more.
169. TROLL posted on 22 Sep 2012, 20:05 4 1
53. nihon posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:18 1 0
this is so biased phonearena , i've owned an iphone before there is nothing new in the ux department it looks and feels exactly like ios from 2007 and the screen isn't better than those of the droids it really deserve nothing more than 7/10
62. Mozarrt posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:21 1 5
I've had an Android 1.5 T-Mobile G1, a 2.3 Sony Xperia S and I've played on dozens of ICS devices. The OS has gotten better, but the UI has always stayed the same. Weird right?
116. kcombs posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:03 1 0
You might want to go look at Android 1.5 again, and tell me how it's the same as 4.0.
57. sorcio46 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:19 6 1
You should add to cons:
- Non removable battery
- No Micro SD expansion
- Proprietary connector
- Roughly same UI as 2007 iPhone
And this to pros
- LTE connectivity
69. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:25 3 7
1. iPhone doesn't suck battery as bad as Android does, so a second battery isn't necessary.
2. Most people with cell phones don't require MicroSD cards, or know what to do with them, or how to manage files on them. The ratio is higher for those who do not need, than those who do.
3. Will that kill you, or anyone if they give you the cable?
4. Why change something that works, and works well?
79. chaoticrazor posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:31 6 1
ok read some of your comments and your obviously a apple fanboy trying to give force to your comment by saying you like android...then evry comment you slag android off
''iPhone doesn't suck battery as bad as Android does, so a second battery isn't necessary.''
mate you cant state that for every android phone, there are android phones who's battery with outlast the iphones
''Most people with cell phones don't require MicroSD cards, or know what to do with them, or how to manage files on them. The ratio is higher for those who do not need, than those who do.''
you cant talk for other people, just because apple dont offer it doesnt mean people dont need it. and you saying most wouldnt know what to do with a memory card.....well that just reflects badly on theose who buy the iphone, makes them sound simple minded
''Why change something that works, and works well?''
so you happy if they bring out the same phone over and over.....nothing lasts forever . it has gotten stale and lost its punch. its needs a overhaul to freshen it up
91. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:38 1 7
I'm not talking for other people. It's fact that the ratio is higher for those who do not need those things, than those who do. That's the reality, sorry if it bothers you.
90. sorcio46 posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:37 6 0
According to your mind Apple is even deciding what you should use on YOUR phone...
1 according to the low battery life of 4s, another battery to carry during the day is necessary if you work with the phone
2 most people USE it, only dumbass with iPhone don't use that cause it cannot be inserted
3 i cannot use my cables, charges and all the accessory that are compatible with ALL my phones and tablets
4 it smells like a dinosaur: no personalization, same boring icons (that you CANNOT change) no widjets or toggles
This Phone has more limits than features.
98. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 18:45 0 7
And you think that parents who aren't tech savvy will care about personalization, and require icon changes? You forget that there are more than just kids who use Android.
119. kcombs posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:06 3 0
iPhone will always be the "beginners" smartphone. Don't forget when the iPhone first came out, it was just a feature phone.
145. binerry posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:38 1 4
Go look at the phones that were out before the iPhone came along.
233. Kevin0988 posted on 23 Sep 2012, 00:03 1 1
at least better than lasggy os android. jelly bean had project butter. ios had it since the first iPhone.
283. AppleHateBoy posted on 23 Sep 2012, 11:17 0 0
I am inclined to agree. Can't believe it took them 4 years to figure it out.
142. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Sep 2012, 19:35 0 2
we can't really bark about there being no expandable memory and no removable battery anymore since that's become pretty common for Android and Windows Phones alike now.