Amazon Kindle Fire HD Review
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2012, 05:26 posted on
It’s funny how things go sometimes, especially in the case for Amazon, who for one, didn’t have any piece of the tablet market a year ago. Since the release of the Kindle Fire, they’ve proven to everyone in the industry that they’re a force to be reckoned with – even more when the Kindle Fire currently occupies the number two spot right behind the iPad in terms of market share. Well people, they’re back with an even better model with the Amazon Kindle Fire HD...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3492; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Amazon did fire it up, but the advertising bit is unattractive!!
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Huge improvement but agreed it needs the Google Play Store.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3492; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeah, what is Android without the play store!
8. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Amazon is trying to break away from Google, hence no Play Store or any built in Google Apps. Looks like Amazon might be courting danger here since they are running the Kindle on Google's Android 4.0, calling it their own might be a big issue. Guess Google doesn't care as they sent the Nexus 7 out to hunt down those Kindle's. If you are going to have a front only shooter, at least make it 2.0mpx sheesh and have it with all the options, i hate half assed front shooting cameras, why bother if the end result is garbage?
5. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Thank you, for not bringing up, the ipAd,,, :-)
7. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
''Still lacking depth of personalization''
john v if you make that a con in apple iphone 5 ill be suprised
9. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I was on the fence between the Kindle Fire HD and the Nexus 7. I'll probable go for the Kindle since Amazon has a better movie and music selection.