Amazon FireTV Review8
We have no issues recommending the FireTV, but the question really is does the FireTV make sense for you? For those who already have a streaming box we just can’t think of a compelling reason to add a FireTV to your lineup unless you really want the gaming capabilities, and remember you’re paying a $40 extra for the gaming pad. For those looking to purchase their first streaming box Amazon makes a compelling argument, especially if you’re a Prime member, but the Roku Streaming Stick offers Prime video access and all the other content for half the price. What it comes down to is that neither the FireTV nor any of its competitors offer a killer feature right now to truly set them apart. Amazon hopes that impressive hardware, some neat software tricks and gaming capabilities will make the FireTV your choice, but at the end of the day we can’t say the argument is compelling enough to make it a clear cut winner.
- Impressive hardware specs lead to a lag-free experience
- Voice search works as advertised
- Gaming with the FireTV goes beyond what anyone else can offer
- Limited internal storage
- Gaming controller is an extra $40 on a device is already at the top of the price range
- No killer feature to make it a must have