5-megapixel GSM Cameraphone Comparison Q4 2007
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jan 2008, 10:55
We compared the 5-megapixel GSM phones on the market to determine which is the best. It is important how each perform in bright light, during the night and in the dark, where the flash is the main lightning source ...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. N95 8GB (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
it is a very good comparison.but N95 8GB IS THE BEST.
2. Timothy (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2008, 07:30 0 0
i agree, i hope at&t picks up this phone, would be a great additon to our line up www.myspace.com/att_mobility_s
3. dragon (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2008, 12:55 0 0
How is the N95 the best when during the day the N95 and N82 are equal, and at night, the N82 thumps the N95, Hmmm?
4. k850i (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2008, 14:48 0 0
the K850i (in this test) have the old driver 2.9 but the latest is 3.4 i don't if this is important saving time depends on the memory card( my k850i takes 3-4 sec) in my k850i the foucsing takes 1 sec in good light but in poor light the same time as in the table
5. vctrdnl (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2008, 14:23 0 0
this is the NOKIA N82 - the new imaging king
6. Cruz (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2008, 18:53 0 0
The N95-3 is better than the N95 8 gb tested here.
7. kim (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2008, 05:51 0 0
u can use the 100% crop to c which camera phone is better in each situation, then u'll find that the site's opinion is not honest. compare it to the cannon camera and u'll c thet the n82 is not the best after all
8. M (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2008, 00:34 0 0
I think my post is deleted.anyways i'm going to say it again.if you had taken the video clips quality to consideration LG viewty would in the 3rd place tops.it has the best quality among all these 5MP phones.
9. rabbit (unregistered) posted on 11 Jan 2008, 04:08 0 0
yea...mine k850i takes 3secs to save...tsk tsk tsk
10. Yow (unregistered) posted on 11 Jan 2008, 08:50 0 0
There is no question about thequality of the images from N82 to all these other phones. Not to mention the Assist GPS, literally takes only 5 secs to lock. Duno why those SE Fans still argue when the winner is so clear...
11. M (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2008, 01:52 0 0
ok.i agree that N82 is the winner but are you sure about the other phones?(i mean the order) 1.N82 2.? 3.? 4.? 5.? 6.?
12. M (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2008, 01:57 0 0
oh and i almost forgot. what about the video clip quality yow?have you seen the samples?
13. Alessandro (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2008, 12:57 0 0
N82-winner, yes, but G600(the cheapest one) beat photografical G800 and K850 CYBERSHOT!!!!!!
14. (unregistered) posted on 13 Jan 2008, 20:49 0 0
I got the N82 one week after it was released and the N95 is not better than the N82.There is not one spec that is better on the N95, except 8GB memory, although it is internal, the N82 has no limit of expandable memory. It also has a xenon flas and N82 is much smaller, N95 too bulky.
15. Eldar (unregistered) posted on 22 Jan 2008, 11:23 0 0
K850i is the winner here.
16. agree with you (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2008, 09:15 0 0
I agree with the convenience of meshing camera w/ phone. but I have radiation concerns and it be better if I could i use the camera half and power off the phone half to stop it from emitting when I just using the camera. But none of these models have separate power buttons for camera and phone, so i will have to look at a simpler solution: buy a camera-less phone and a decent point-and-shoot. Not only will this alleviate my radiation concerns but alos give me much better camera in terms of picture quality and workflow.
30. (unregistered) posted on 06 Aug 2008, 07:06 0 0
but radiation is everywhere, turn on the tv its there, the microwave, the radiowaves, the satelites pounding down their "radiation" so we can have satelite tv, being in front of the monitor, just living in the 21st century. only way to avoid it is to live int he countryside in a concrete bunker lined with lead.
17. DXDXDXD (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2008, 11:45 0 0
THIS REVIEW IS NOT SHOWING TO US THE BEST PHONE OF THEM. THAT IS STUPID I LOVE YOU G600 !!!!!!!!!
18. Mmhmm (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2008, 09:56 0 0
A shame there was no test for video, the Viewty probably wouldve won that for sure. As well as features.
19. DON (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2008, 08:19 0 0
N82 is the sole ultimate leader
20. Tor Slettnes (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2008, 15:27 0 0
To the unnamed person who posted on January 13: That is not quite accurate; the N82 has a smaller screen than the N95, no infrared transceiver, and no dedicated music keys. Also, there is no version of the N82 available for U.S. 3G bands (either 850/1900 or 1700 MHz). It does have a better camera through (mostly because of the Xenon), and the GPS receiver is placed in a better place (at the top of the phone, instead of under the "0" key) for a quicker fix. Yep, the N95 has slightly more girth, but the N82 is significantly taller (2.4" vs. 1.9"). To each their own. To argue about which phone is "better" is kindof pointless - we all have different priorities. Heck, for some, even the iPhone may be the "best" there is: Despite dismal bluetooth, no cut/paste/search, no 3rd party app platform yet (not even J2ME), no official unlocking mechanism, dismal camera w/o video, no 3G, no GPS (even ability to use external Bluetooth GPS), etc - it does have perhaps the nicest user interface available, a very good form factor, and some software things not even found in Symbian S60 - such as a built-in stopwatch. Personally, I cannot wait to see if the rumored Sony Ericsson P5i is real or not...
21. Bad Russian Boy (unregistered) posted on 23 Mar 2008, 03:01 0 0
This test seems to be incomplete: no human face tests, no nature landscapes, sun and sunless weather, etc
22. Dash (unregistered) posted on 01 Apr 2008, 03:32 0 0
I have a n82, is the best, the video quality is great, much beter than the others, and the xenon flash is very very good, absolutely is the winner
25. Will.i.am (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2008, 07:06 0 0
Sorry Dash,but The LG Viewty has the best video quality, that's for sure. Just look at the recorded videos... But the N82 is the best for picture,i agree that!
23. K800 (unregistered) posted on 05 Apr 2008, 06:07 0 0
i now using SE K800 at first wish to buy viewty beacause excellent video recording . however the the camera n xenon flash is too good so finally i decided to buy N82 due to the camera(nice) , Video (quite good ) XEnon (strong) .
24. neto (unregistered) posted on 23 Apr 2008, 21:39 0 0
I agree G600 is the one of the best and has good price for your pocket I got one. there is no doubt, the winner is n82, it is most complete, but LG Viewty, has the best video by far.
26. kai (unregistered) posted on 18 Jun 2008, 10:31 0 0
just as the editor said, during daylight, the g600 is the best , pretty close to sd630. n95 and n82 have more noise reduction compare to g600, which not so perfect. but duting night, the n82 definetly is the best
27. kamakari (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2008, 20:25 0 0
how come at gsmarena they have better pics taken of g800? most pic of g8 here is somewhat blurred! why?
28. kai (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2008, 20:27 0 0
yeah not only g600, almost every night photo here are blurred. i don't know understand. how can they post blurred night photo here as a comparision...you must fix the phone on some neat place in order to take all clear night photo.
29. Ritesh Pardeshi (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2008, 08:11 0 0
Its was an awesome review....looking forward to see such review for 8mp mobile phones.....i am sad as Lg viewt was poor at performance......but somebody tells me that despite of having Xenon Flash why does it showed poor performance......i need to know that whether N95 is available in 1 or 2 GB , if yes then what is the current price of it...also priceof Lg viewt.....
31. Xpress Music Ellis (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2008, 21:01 0 0
too bad the k850 didn't try to impress me unlike the former Cyber shot flagship the k800,it produces somwhat unreal colors,but I think they should include the k800 due to its accurate colors.... well I do also like the n82 well duh it has everything you need... like wifi,s60 ui and a xenon flash.....
32. spectrom (unregistered) posted on 18 Oct 2008, 08:50 0 0
NOKIA N82 the king of 5megapixels very good test.
33. Ramba (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2008, 23:01 0 0
G600 is the best cameraphone if you smart to settings it....
34. nnr3 posted on 18 Jan 2009, 07:50 0 0
Eldar, I think you must update this article. There's something wrong about the speed of K850i. It saves images at full 5mp resolution in about 2-3 seconds, not 6-7 seconds. I'm basing this information with new firmware, R1FA035.
35. TamekaTravis20 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 00:03 0 0
I received my first personal loans when I was a teenager and this aided me a lot. However, I need the student loan also.