3-megapixel camera-phones comparison: D900, K800, N73, N80, N93
6. Total: We gave 5 to 1 points (best to worse) in the five situations we've chosen, the D900 and the K800 share the first position with 4.2 out of 5 each! The N73, N80 and N93 rate 3.8, 2.2 and 1 respectively. Although the points of the D900 and K800 are the same, it doesn't mean their cameras are the same quality: the D900 was stronger in outdoor and macros, while the K800 is the pure winner in indoor photos with low lighting. If you choose your phone by the camera, we'd suggest you think about what you shoot most, and get the phone suitable for those situations.
All of our conclusions are based only on the photos we've taken, and we haven't tried to capture a shot hundred times, till it looks the best we've simulated ordinary shooting situation with all phones and checked the results, and then compared them. We are surprised with the awful quality of the N93 images, and we have a suspicion that the unit might have been defective and other phones of the same model won't be that bad.
1. Nik (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
I don't agree with the outdoor and macro conclusions. The reason is D900 and K800. On a closer look on this photos, the white balance of D900 is far whorst than K800 and the natural colours of the K800 are more acurate, like Canon camera. So, in my opinion, I think that the K800 has a little advanced in front of D900.
2. Nulan (unregistered) posted on 04 Apr 2007, 11:05 0 0
I agree with the first comment. Either you guys are getting paid by Samsung or you've absolutely no experience of photography. The D900 photos were low contrast and the lens is soft. Also how you can give the D900 first place in the macro test after the mess it made of the toy photo is beyond me.
3. Roo (unregistered) posted on 06 May 2007, 00:34 0 0
Whatever they say Sony Ericsson will be allways better than Nokia and Samsung.
4. indika (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2007, 01:48 0 0
you all done great job. this web site very usefull to us. thanks again.
5. john (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2007, 19:05 0 0
i am going to get a new cell confused between k810 or n73 music,me from india.i need expert advice.i like music and photography.reply soon please.
6. mojo (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2007, 04:56 0 0
Don't bye the K810! The K800 is better
7. sarim (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2007, 14:21 0 0
I don't have any of these phones nor am I a fan of any of these companies as I think that all have something different. I think that the camera of sony ericsson k800i was the best over all (sometimes even better than the cannon camera). Since I wanna buy a phone with a good camera, I am thinking about the sony ericsson k800i which is an overall king. :)
8. Tom (unregistered) posted on 09 Jul 2007, 18:39 0 0
Best Camera and coolest phone is the Nokia N73 (I had k800 before) but like N73 much better
9. Evert (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2007, 07:20 0 0
...and what do you base your comment on? ;-)
10. Nivaldo (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2007, 00:43 0 0
I Have a D900 and the camera is the best camera from cellphones, and more, the video record is much better of any others. 352x288 (mp4)
16. Gabriel (unregistered) posted on 15 May 2008, 07:14 0 0
The d900 is the best camera phone but the video is the n93...The resolution is 640x480 and is 30 frames per sec....
11. K (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2007, 05:31 0 0
Nivaldo, the N93 does VGA 640x480 video recording with 30fps, and image stabilisation!
12. John (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2007, 11:40 0 0
you know, after seeing how the conclusion is clearly a lie. the SD200 outdid the D900 and the K800 in every phot and is not even included in the cocnlusion, and they still lied, i dont trust em anymore, how do i even know that the photos were taken by what they claim to be taken by, what a waste of my time of closely examining the photos.
13. Not John (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2007, 03:30 0 0
Hey John, this is a 3-megapixel camera-PHONES comparison. Is that speaking something to you?
14. Jon2 (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2007, 04:39 0 0
I have used N93, and the quality is nowhere near bad! Even in dark areas, it can take excellent quallity photos. And the video quality is absolutely exceptional! Only Nokia N95 and 6233 have the same video quality! I think the N93 you guys bought is defective. I suggest you retry this comparison test to clear the confusion you guys have made to those who want to buy a N93!!
17. Gabriel (unregistered) posted on 15 May 2008, 07:17 0 0
Yea i agree....I have an n93 too and it's the best cam phone i ever had...Except in low light conditions...K800 is the true night shot king(in the 3 mpx phones at least)..
15. xtorm (unregistered) posted on 05 Dec 2007, 11:36 0 0
great effort by this guy, thx alot!! i agree k800i takes the nearest real life pic. but in times k800 tends to darken the picture abit, d900 is soft, yea i agree, but details wise d900 do have abit of advantage. d900 is no where good indoor, and lots of ppl say it need steady hands compare to others.