x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Verizon Discussions
  • Options
    Close

No SIII for me

jstchilln 14 Jul 2012, 14:21 posted on

I went to buy a new SIII today and the rep told me that I would have to forfiet my unlimited data plan. I guess I really dont need the phone that bad.

posted on 15 Jul 2012, 10:49

1. hlm2311 (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)

Don,t really need unlimited data I had unlimited but i gave it up I have a galaxy s3 and my plan is unlimited talk & text with 6gb of data for 120.mo

posted on 26 Apr 2013, 14:39

7. DRAPicard (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)

Um....I have an unlimited plan with 450 minutes and pay only $60 per month! I just pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S4 which came out to about $700 after taxes and everything. So for an entire year of enjoying my S4, my yearly cost will be about $1400, or about $2100 if I keep it for the full 2 years.
You on the otherhand are stuck on a 2 year contract paying $120 per month which means that you will be charged $2880 over that entire contract, plus whatever you paid for the phone! That is ridiculous!
Perhaps you should re-evaluate your service options nad see if you can get yourself a better deal....whether it is on VZW or a different carrier. There shouldn't be any reason to pay that much for a single line.....

posted on 16 Mar 2013, 06:10 1

2. TeritorialDemon (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)

Oh ONLY $120 a month? For 1 line of service? Think about that for a minute. Boost offers unlimited everything for a mere $50 a month. Just saying, there are options people. Verizon will continue to screw you over until you take a stand. When the majority of the people stand a company listens. When only a few stand they get ignored.

posted on 07 Apr 2013, 18:02

5. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)

so your idea is to go to boost and pay less for less service. The reason verizon does so well is because it offers the best service. Do you really think they could get away with the prices if they were like T-mobile, Sprint, Virgin, or Boost? Before you go on about how cricket offers great prices think about their product. They offer 4g that cant even keep up with our 3g.

posted on 17 Mar 2013, 21:03

3. michael2973 (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)

if you buy the phone outright and dont get it subsidized you wont lose your unlimited data.

posted on 08 Apr 2013, 04:02

6. lleytonbelmont (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)

can i bring my SIM card i bought from other country during my vacation then have it register under such telco provider?

posted on 08 Jul 2013, 13:18

8. vb112 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)

I agree with Michael. Purchase it at full retail. I just quit Verizon because of their lack of customer service focus. I told all my customers to start saving for what they wanted and just buy it out right. If you want to use 15 gb of data then you have the right to. Plus, you also have the device installment plan that you can use and pay a monthly price for your phone. (Like T-Mobiles fake "no contract" setup).

posted on 16 Jul 2013, 14:37

9. phyxius (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2013)

All Verizon Customers who still are "Grandfather" into the Unlimited Data, you have only one option: (1) pay for the phone at full retail (like stated above)or visit a third-party dealer (like Best Buy) and have them do a hardware swap the device using Verizon's back-end support program "Eros."
As of before March 2012 (around the time-frame of Share Everything Plan initiated), Verizon customers could upgrade at a third-party retailer (like Best Buy) and purchase a 3G device and keep their old plan without being forced into the new Share Everything Plan. Originally, Verizon's goal was to eliminate all Unlimited Data plans but unbeknownst to those that keep the Unlimited Data are finding out it's not Unlimited anymore. After you have use around 12-14 GB's, Verizon begins to throttle your speeds down and have kept this very secret in the process.
Unlike other carriers, Verizon phones are not unlocked and require the CID (sim card) to be paired with the IMEI associated to their database; therefore somebody would need to have go through a third party in order to initiate a hardware swap without having to be badgered by Big Red. At all costs, do not go to a Corporate or sub-station affiliate of Verizon if you wish to keep your Unlimited Data!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories