x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Verizon Discussions
  • Options
    Close

No 4G Global Phones!

airstream25 15 Apr 2012, 19:03 posted on

Give us a 4g phone that works in the US and degrades to 3g if necessary when traveling overseas.

What is so hard about this? We already have 3g global phones, so just add a 4g radio to it.

By the way, I see very few comments requesting this. Do the rest of you International travelers have your tongues tied or is this forum too obscure to see and post to?

posted on 07 May 2012, 17:52

1. bgcchick88 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2012)

There arent any yet, but they are working on getting the LG Spectrum to be a global phone.

posted on 15 May 2012, 08:08

2. jonsr32 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2012)

I have been able to upgrade for over a year and am waiting. I want the 4g in the States and do not care if it is 3g internationally. I just need the global capability. The 1st company that gives me this in Android, I will switch to and I have been a LONG LONG time user of Verizon.

posted on 17 May 2012, 22:20

3. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 84; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)

its because of network technology. 4g devices, even when connected to 3g, require the sim card, and connect to a 3g network completely differently (keep in mind you have no MEID like with a 3g phone). since other carriers internationally don't support this, it may be a while before we see this support you so badly want. research it a bit and see. and yes i do work for said company.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories