x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sprint Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Sprint Needs To Step There Game Up

yobuddy7 28 Feb 2011, 19:25 posted on

I mean seriously, all the other major carriers have made plans for hot ticket phones but Sprint only managed to pick up the Kyocera Echo. I'm not saying it's a bad phone, it's just not dual core or gingerbread or anything else that I wanted Sprint to announce. Does anyone know of any plans that sprint has for the future?

posted on 02 Mar 2011, 10:13

1. snowgator (Posts: 3262; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)

Sprint announced somewhere back in late Feb (23rd? 24th?) that they were evaluating the switch from WiMax tech to LTE. If I rememeber the report correctly, it was to be a 6 month evaluation process, which gets any decission into July or so. They certainly can not sit on the sidelines through the summer without a serious contender to all the premium phones coming out on AT&T and even more so Verizon, but at the same time I can not help but wonder how much this decision will effect how many phones they launch. If you are planing a long term upgrade to compete, they may be willing to sacrifice a little in the short run. I do not pretend to know how much of an upgrade that is, but I wonder if it will not make all WiMax phones on their network obsolete.

posted on 02 Mar 2011, 17:42

2. Chase_Carstensen (unregistered)

Galaxy s 2 is a step up, and all through out the next month or two there should be another few good releases, dont give up hope yet

posted on 02 Mar 2011, 20:13

3. Stu (unregistered)

I'm really excited about the Echo. I want the best possible web browsing device that will fit in my pocket and this seems to be it. The processor isn't exactly overwhelming but I don't think I would want to pay for a better one anyway. I would, however, pay for more ram. 512 MB isn't particularly exciting either. No 4g may or may not matter since I don't know where I will be living in a few months. Right now I don't get it at my house but I could get it elsewhere. The Samsung S 2 series looks pretty amazing but my wife has an Epic running 2.1..... Sorry Samsung, not gonna by an S2 unless it ships with 2.3 and even then I might just wait until the next set of HTCs. I really hope some good custom roms become available for the Echo.

A lot of drawbacks but a 4.7" screen that can fit in my pocket? Yes, please!

posted on 17 Mar 2011, 20:31

4. yobuddy7 (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)

The Galaxy 2 would be great...The Echo would have been much cooler if released LAST year...I'm losing hope with every passing day...

posted on 17 Mar 2011, 20:48

5. pickles (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)

i dunno what a there game is or why sprint needs to step one up, but they do need to step THEIR game up.

just sayin. anyways, you seen the new HTC windows 7 phone coming out on sprint? first sprint windows phone, and it looks sweet. no wimax though...but it is the ONLY windows phone with copy/paste atm. has a really nice 5 row keyboard and decent specs over all, nothing to crap your pants over.

posted on 21 Mar 2011, 16:03

6. yobuddy7 (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)

GOOGLE NEXUS S JUST ANNOUNCED FOR SPRING. WITH 4G.

Thank you Sprint, thank you.

posted on 04 May 2011, 13:19

7. swagnificent (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)

I agree, Sprint really needs to step up their game! T-mobile is getting sick! with their newly released phones. Seriously Sprint...the Kyocera Echo? Cool looking phone, cool concept, awful company. Not to mention the poop like specs compared to other devices out right now. Like the G2x, Galaxy S 4g, or even the new 4g sidekick, is better then the Kyocera Echo LoLoLoL I still shake my head puzzled as to what they were thinking.

posted on 08 May 2011, 02:29

8. E (unregistered)

who cares about the damn phones with T-CRAPLE when their service isn't worth a damn....sprint may be a little slower bringing out the phones BUT when they bring out their stuff they dont have no where near the problems the other carriers do bringing out things to fast.....ill take QUALITY over just bringing something out fast and having to take it back to the store once a week.....

posted on 31 May 2011, 17:44 1

10. lp_522 (Posts: 25; Member since: 31 May 2011)

For the same 79.99 T-mobile gets Unlimited everything but we get 450 min. Also using our CDMA radio along with Wimax's 4G radio drains our battery like a thirsty fat girl sucking down a 2 liter bottle of Soda while T-mobile doesnt because they use only use an upgraded 3g radio.

Honestly the combination of the technology between CDMA and LTE/Wimax is just horrible on battery. I'll take a HTC Sensation 4G over a Thunderbolt or my Epic 4G anyday if it wasnt for this ball busting contract!!!

posted on 08 Jul 2011, 16:48

11. danalmillan (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)

If you really want T-Mobile then good luck and get ready to be throttled. They can say they provide unlimited data all they want but the fact is that when you hit a certain usage point they throttle down your speeds. I give Sprint kudos for not trying to be the same as everyone else and trying to build something different! I know people on both AT&T and T-Mobile networks and I see the problems they have and I can honestly say anytime I have had a problem with Sprint they have resolved it almost immediately. Been with Sprint since October 1999 and have no plans of going anywhere!!!

posted on 06 Oct 2011, 21:04

15. B (unregistered)

yeah they do advertise that but honestly the unlimited talk would be wasted on me but also like the other person said they will throttle your data speeds. I had a HTC G2 with tmobile before I left and my batter last as much as any other phone when connected to data and being on the internet, however in my area sprint currently does not have 4G.

posted on 18 May 2012, 11:00

16. driveme (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 May 2012)

Well put Sir. Everyone keeps going on about speed with 4G and LTE. While I agree that speed is important, to me it is not the most important thing. I will take unlimited data over speed any day. I could care less if my pages take another 3 seconds to load. Not having to worry about going over on minutes or data or texting when your on a family plan is worth it's weight in gold. Sprint does need to do a better job with getting back to being on top on the game with the best phones being available to the public first instead of last. But, Trust me I’ve looked at all of the other carriers and none of them can match Sprints cost for a family plan. And, those that do match it have limited data. Tell that to my 15 year old who thinks the internet was made for him to download every piece of information available. Give me unlimited or give me death !

posted on 08 May 2011, 19:16

9. AndroHafiz (unregistered)

The Htc-evo 3d is coming this summer for sprint. it has a dual-core processor
960x540 Slcd 3d screen (no glasses needed) and a 3d camera that can record 3d content.

posted on 20 Jul 2011, 00:06

12. Sprint customer (unregistered)

You really have no idea what your talking about. The EVO 3D is dual core and there are more on the way. Sprint is doing well, the only think you can complain about is if your an Apple lover and want an iPhone. Even if that is the case there is a solution from Sprint to make your iTouch and iPad usable on Sprints network. Sprint is doing well, their reducing the bloatware on devices, keeping their fingers out of the OS and still boast true unlimited data with any phone data plan.

posted on 09 Sep 2011, 18:14

13. Sprint Man (unregistered)

Not to mention that but you Apple lovers (GAG) will have the iphone 5 coming out before any of the other carriers on Sprint... so... Sprint is doing great and that galaxy s2 will dominate your world once you mess with it

posted on 06 Oct 2011, 20:58

14. B (unregistered)

Well if you think about this look at how many smart phones Sprint has brought out this year versus messaging phones aka dumb phones aka joke phones. I mean yeah the echo isnt the droid line, or anything else but look we have the EVO line, Galaxy S 1 and 2, Photon, and now the Iphone 4 and 4s. Sprint is doing pretty good with their poduct choices on both the high and low end spectrums however in my store I work, btw I work for sprint, we have yet to sale a Milano, heck I have even played with the phone that how much I dont care for it. Honestly if it aint premium I dont want it, exception of the XPRT (Droid Pro) and the new Marquee.

posted on 08 Aug 2013, 07:55

18. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)

I just would like a consistent 4G experience, Sprint had an excellent selection of phones now and upcoming. Hopefully the funds provided by SoftBank can get that going. Will need a new device that takes advantage the refarmed IDEN network....

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories