x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sprint Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Has anyone tried the YX-400 zBoost signal booster from Wi-Ex?

danmobile 24 Oct 2010, 17:23 posted on

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has tried the YX-400P. A signal booster that works with Sprint Network voice and 3G data signals. The manufacturer claims that this one piece unit can be synced with up to 4 devices on the same network and boost a low signal into a strong signal in a 1200 sq ft area around the unit. I'm looking for any feedback about this signal booster from anyone who has tried it. Thanks

posted on 28 Oct 2010, 16:31

2. danmobile (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Oct 2010)

Thanks for the link. I ordered the YX-400 from Amazon.Com and received it yesterday. The unit is pretty easy to set up. It seems to work just as advertised. I plan on trying it in a real weak signal area in a building I work in. After I test it there I will post how it works in a really tough signal area.

posted on 02 Dec 2010, 12:08

3. ronf (unregistered)

Yes had a zBoost in my house till I got an AirRave.

The zBoost worked great. Went from marginal to not bad (didn't go to 5 bars). I got the directional antenna too. It works better than the omni direction but you need to know how to find towers in the FCC database.

Then you put a phone into test mode and have someone read out the Signal-to-noise ratio while you aim the antenna

Omni direction antenna is easy to setup but not the same performance.

posted on 12 May 2011, 15:02

4. CAJimbo (unregistered)

I had an AirAve, it worked great! Signal went from 1 bar to 3 - 5 bars throughout the house. One drawback about it is it only have 'voice', no data. When I heard about the Airvana which have Voice AND Data, I called up customer service and requested one. Since I was already an AirAve, I didn't have to go through too many hoops to get one.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories