x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sprint Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Galaxy S2 Vs S3 From Basic Phone

Seolan 13 May 2013, 00:54 posted on

I have an LG Rumour 2, and I've loved the phone for the entire 6 years I've had it. It's finally starting to break down on me, and I need to upgrade.

After reading all the reviews and doing all the research I'm going with the Samsung Galaxy S-series. The new 4 is entirely too expensive for me, so it's between the S2 and S3.

My question is; since I'm upgrading from such an old phone, will the difference between the S2 and S3 even be noticeable?

-There's a $100 difference in price that's giving me a bit of hesitation.
-I know in 2013 something super amazing and worthwhile will come out.

So would the $100 price difference be worth it, getting the S3 if a cheaper S2 would just be completely obsolete in 2-3 months? Or would I still be okay getting the S2?

posted on 13 May 2013, 01:01

1. Seolan (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 May 2013)

P.S. Whichever one has the better GPS/Maps is also a high priority factor in my choice.(work)

-I don't really "plan" on using it for more than a few apps, maybe a few simple games, Pandora, Facebook, texts/calls, emails, and the occasional looking things up on the web.

I'd go for a simpler phone(I don't really need a hand-held computer), but figure if I hold onto this one for at least a year or two I'll adapt and use all the potential it posses.

posted on 13 May 2013, 01:27

2. Seolan (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 May 2013)

Or, despite the $$$ difference, would I be even better off just getting the HTC One?

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories