x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
AT&T Discussions
  • Options
    Close

What do you think of AT&T?

What do you think of AT&T? (unregistered) 22 Jun 2011, 12:52 posted on

Most comments I hear about AT&T are negative, actually I've never heard a GOOD comment about them. What do you think? Which company is better? Why?

posted on 23 Jun 2011, 00:18

1. ian (unregistered)

well, lets see.
In General, they have the best service/coverage in the US. In some areas verizon is better, kinda have to play that by ear and test which is better in your area.
They have pretty good customer service.
They have a s**t ton of devices. A lot of them are s**t. but there are a lot to chose from. kinda the shotgun approach.
They way they handle voice is probably the best. rollover, unlimited anytime calling to 5 numbers of your choice, unlimited mobile to any carrier mobile, free nights and weekends.

that is all.
they way they handle data and their prices on it are simply ridiculous.
as stated before, a bunch of totally s**tty phones.
Really the only reasons to be on at&t at this point are if you must have an iPhone, your business pays for it, or you are stuck on your parents family plan.

posted on 04 Sep 2011, 12:48

2. hitechcountry (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)

I've been with at&t for ten years never had a problem with them. Customer service has been great, yeah everyonce in awhile you get a customer service rep that doesn't know what they're doing or you can't understand them. Then just call back and get someone else. All my phones have never been crap, Nokia 8265, NEC 515, Samsung D307 which is still in use since 2005, HTC pure and my last phone Motorola Backflip. My download speeds as of late are great and so is reception. I just don't get why everyone is so against at&t. Sure you can go to sprint and get they're unlimited plan, but did you also know that they're going to have to cap their bandwidth too. T-mobile once you get past a certain amount they slow you down. No one else is offering roll over minutes, lord knows I've got about 9000 rollover minutes. At the end of the day, if your looking for a good company with good coverage and don't want to pay an arm and a leg is at&t. Verizon is not cheap to go with and their phones are expensive. Sprint is good but the coverage isn't there, but they do have some good phones. T-mobile has good prices and phones but running out of spectrum which at&t can help and yes I'm all for the merger.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories