x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
AT&T Discussions
  • Options
    Close

AT&T and i want a full querty

ian (unregistered) 31 May 2011, 13:51 posted on

so, my options are pretty limited for QUERTY on att. I can go with one of Motorola's wimpy phones(the FLIPSIDE or the FLIPOUT), a "feature Phone" which are also pretty fail-ish or i can buy an unlocked phone like the Motorola Milestone(DROID) or the Milestone 2.

anyone with opinions or experience in this area?

posted on 09 Jun 2011, 09:01

1. therygy (Posts: 94; Member since: 24 May 2010)

I agree i really want a full qwerty android phone as well! but all the ones out suck!

posted on 11 Jun 2011, 10:58

2. overseer (unregistered)

Agreed! Their full physical querty keyboard selection sucks! I will probably end up giving up on the keyboard and go with a touch screen, just so I can get a higher end phone.

posted on 11 Jul 2011, 00:27

3. andreagaru214 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Jul 2011)

Well, I currently have the LG Vu Plus (which is currently discontinued) but it's a feature phone with a physical keyboard. It's been a great phone to me and I'm a heavy texter and the keyboard that comes along with it is really good. If you don't mind, you could probably buy a used one and keep that one until a decent android run phone + physical qwerty keyboard comes out. Yeah, it might not be up to par to the abilities of phones right now, but heck, it's a fantastic phone for someone who wants the physical qwerty keyboard. Good-luck on your search though, I'll be in the same position when my contract ends.

posted on 06 Sep 2011, 11:50

4. Meedlies (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)

For android the Pantech Crossover has a slide-out physical keyboard, it runs android 2.2 (hopefully soon to be updated to gingerbread), and its actually pretty quick considering the lower end processor in it.

Windows phone 7 - The LG quantum has been out for a while and I've owned one. Its well made, the keyboard is great, and with windows 7.5 (Mango) on the horizon its a great inexspensive (or even free) phone.

No super high-end qwerty phones yet but who knows what the future will bring? I am an at&t sales rep and I can understand why there aren't alot of high end qwerty smartphones because I rarely have customers asking for them. With current spell correction and predictive text technology its usually not an issue whether there's a keyboard or not.

posted on 22 Sep 2011, 08:53

5. Kai (unregistered)

Yea, I'm really looking out for a phone just like the Blackberry Bold or Samsung Galaxy M Pro. But none so far but HTC ChaCha...which is a facebook phone...do not want.

posted on 16 Oct 2011, 11:13

6. GUY121 (unregistered)

The Samsung Captivate Glide is the answer to your problem. with 8 mp camera, 4 inch touchscreen, dual core processor, QWERTY keyboard, and Android 2.3 you just cant go wrong.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories