ZTE Warp User Reviews

Everyday usage6.3/10
UI speed5.8/10
Camera5.3/10

vincetwen
posted on 20 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)

Below average phone, unsatisfactory customer service

vincetwen has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had this phone for 4 months through Kroger Wireless. I suspect that ZTE gives Kroger Wireless more commissions to sell their phones. They are currently selling ZTE Flash. It had good receptions, but it kills battery. A 30 minute call would exhaust 60% of battery power. I had this phone for 4 months. Later, the 3G and wifi chips aren't working correctly. I will have to start the phone 4 times a day. System hangs when there are too much software, especially big, resource consuming software. I emailed customer service. They responded at once, then simply ignored me. They ignore me and I ignore them. I have bought Samsung GS 3 for $419 while this one is only $150. Experience on GS 3 is much better.

Build quality 5/10 average build.
Reception 9/10 I have to admit that this phone has better reception than GS series at remote area.
Internet 2/10 not stable
UI speed 1/10 sometimes not responsive.
Display 4/10 keep hanging.

Pros

• little

Cons

• many

Barrett73
posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)

My experience has been great

Barrett73 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I ordered this phone cause the price was amazing and i received it really fast. i love the big screen and the features. I've really enjoyed the service and the company. I haven't had any SERVICE problems, just got an update last night to the phone which surprised me that they are still updating after this long. That means people are still using their warp :) this was by far the best choice I have owned! Thank you

Pros

Cons

• freezes

pixelpadre
posted on 28 Jan 2013, 19:46 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)

ZTE WARP = 2 month life expectancy

pixelpadre has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is a piece of garbage. And the manufacturer company is even a bigger piece of garbage. My warp quit after two months. Radio shack and Boost would not replace it. ZTE made me pay to ship it back to them. It took 17 days to get back to me. When it arrived it was in the exact same condition.....broken ear receiver. I contacted ZTE again and they wanted another shot at repairing it. I declined and demanded a new phone and they said its not happening.

Build quality 1/10 died after 2 months
Reception 1/10 volume was extremely low even before it quit
Camera 3/10 no flash
Text input 1/10 terrible menu commands to control texting input options. You need a road map to adjust settings for input text.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• No warranty
  • Incompetent repairs
  • Poor customer service
  • Chinese cust service rep
  • Contempt for american consumer
  • Lousy reputation
  • Buttons on wrong side
  • Fake national office in Texas doesnt answer calls

thomassnow12
posted on 25 Jan 2013, 00:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)

Worst Smart phone I have ever had dont buy this phone. Nothing but problems

thomassnow12 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Worst phone I have ever had. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. It is prone to problems. Locks up on me shuts off and turns back on when it wants the battery dies reel fast. Sound is no good on it and it changes my ring tones on its own where I have to all ways reset them. If you don’t live in the city good luck getting a signal on this phone. I have to keep it by my window to keep a signal at my home when there is a tower 4 miles away. I had to reset the phone 7 times already because of problems with it meaning I had to put all my contacts back in it and redown load my apps. Waste of money and waste of time with this phone. Buy the Samsung it is a lot better and for 45 dollars more is worth it price the hassle that the ZTE wrap has given. All so the Camera Pictures suck. Come out blurry

Kevin007
posted on 20 Jan 2013, 20:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)

Warp: Magnificient, Handsome, User Friendly!!!!!!!!!

Kevin007 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This little machine is amazingly fast, the OS is very responsive and fluid, no lags as far as i own it writing is just fine with the classic alphanumeric on screen keyboard and predictive writing, the screen manages sunlight fine, and the goodies and features of android are a huge. However, I decided to go ahead and write a review to strongly recommend this ZTE device I got really excited that finally a GOOD smartphone.This is an amazing phone. By far the best phone I have ever had. Easy to use, great camera, I have had no issues with battery life.Quite impressed with this. My first impression was this phone is quite large and clear. It's super fast and not filled with bloatware like most other Android phones....it's quite empty. With a 2G internal storage along with the included external storage you've got more than enough room. I've got 1000 songs and 22 APPs on it and still plenty of room for more.Very sharp looking phone, its extremely fast navigating from page to page i defently recommend this device.

Rajath143
posted on 14 Dec 2012, 20:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)

This phone is the most amazing that I have ever had

Rajath143 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have this phone since less than a year. It has a very good camera feature. The internet compatibility is really good. Easy to use and is really the hot item out there now when it comes to smart phones. Very fast and smooth, very well designed. You cannot find a better phone for the money. Period. Add a good value on the Boost service and you'll never look back to whatever overpriced plan you came from. I don't know why most people never think of prepaid. I used to pay well north of $120/month back in the day for unlimited service. This phone is fantastic. It's thin, solidly built, very brisk to respond, and absolutely brimming with storage space.

MoonlightMATRiXGroup
posted on 26 Oct 2012, 22:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)

ZTE Warp is alright

MoonlightMATRiXGroup has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had the ZTE Warp for over a month now and it's alright. Big screen, nice design, and decent speed. It hasn't really broke down on me, hopefully not anytime soon. All in all I'm satisfied with it. But what frustrates me about it is that sometimes, it plays music on it's own, freezes up at times, and shuts off whenever it wants. But like I said, it's an alright phone considering that I got it for 80 dollars.

Pros

• Good display, Nicely built, Decent Memory

Cons

• Plays music at will, freezes sometimes,

ZTEsucks
posted on 17 Aug 2012, 13:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)

warp and ZTE worste phone and company yet!

ZTEsucks has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

turn on and off when ever it wants, stopped taking a charge and service center in india... told one story after another about water damage the charger port is broke... the port isnt broke there is no water damage... the water damage broke the charging port... at the most inconveniant time it would just start playing random music... over all i would recomend no buy a ZTE product... china treats its people better than ZTE treats its customers! WHOOT! this is a true statement.

Build quality 1/10 broke in less than 2 months, not cracked just stopped chargeing.
Reception 1/10 couldnt keep a call
Camera 1/10 no forward faceing camera...
Everyday usage 1/10 cause it dont work any day past 2 months...
Display 1/10 cant use the display if phone dont work

Pros

• well it was a few bucks cheaper than all the phones that would have lasted more than 2 months...

Cons

• from top to bottom krapp!

mcrowsh
posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)

warp.....save your money

mcrowsh has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Mediorcre phone. Very slow for apps, internet, multi media etc.
Constantly freezes, randomly turns music app on at full blast. You get what you pay for with this phone. I will be upgrading asap. Great if you dont use alot of apps or web browsing. Terrible if you do.

Pros

• Cheap, large screens

Cons

• drops calls, cant recieve txts, slow internet.

Rayspumpkin
posted on 05 Sep 2012, 11:59 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)

Buggy, but patience, experimentation & work beginning to pay off (read ammendment at end)

Rayspumpkin has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Moved to Boost after being with Net10 for over 2 years and finally getting fed up with both their customer (non) service and their lack of a really good phone. Homework brought me to Boost and the Warp as my best deal all round. Found the phone on Amazon, still sealed, at less than thru Boost, have unlilmited everything for $55/mo plus tax PLUS every 6 pmts I make on time drops that by $5 for the next six months to finally get me down to $35/mo. Beat that, Verizon! As for the Warp - it takes some work to find apps where the devs will work with you, since the phone hasn't been in the States very long. It's getting better, but I still freeze up and have to remove my battery to reboot at least once a day. At first it was a couple of times an hour, so there really has been progress. I've been told that if I root it and custom ROM it should take care of the overclocking prob that's most likely causing it. Being an app hound, that's probably the next step - my 200+ apps are already cut to the bone! LOL! 9/5/12- The rebooting and freezing issues seem to be worsening. It has now begun rebooting either when q call is coming in or in the middle of a conversation. Also, the touch screen is getting buggy, not working a fair percentage of the time. On the verge of giving up and upgrading to HTC on Boost.

Build quality 8/10 Phone itself seems well built - it falls down in the factory installed software that just can't quite keep up.
Reception 8/10 Only reception problems I ever have are when talking to my boyfriend when he's driving down the freeway in his convertable with the top down....wind noise.
Call quality 8/10 I've had a couple of lost or unanswerable calls due to the screen freezing issue, that is still plaguing me, though not nearly as much.
Internet 7/10 Matter of finding the right browser. Native is ok. Opera was crap. Dolphin HD finally hit the jackpot.
Multimedia 7/10 Sound could be more robust. OK thru headphones or hooked up to my laptop speakers, & speakerphone is alright. Again, download apps. Don't depend on what the phone comes with.
Camera 6/10 Not happy with the camera, although it may be as much operator failure as anything. Getting ready to get a case with a kickstand, see if that improves things any. The camera thru the PicsArt app takes better pics :-)
UI speed 7/10 Excellent once I found a launcher capable of handling everything. Freezing and crashing with native launcher and my trusty free ADW. Tried a couple of other free ones that were even worse, finally spent the bucks for ADW EX and Voila!
Everyday usage 4/10 Use it all day, every day, and only prob is fast battery drain, but that's mostly my fault. Between live wallpapers and about a thousand widgets all running at once, on top of the other core and monitoring apps...what can I expect?
Text input 5/10 Repeat myself - right app for the right purpose. Ditch the android keyboard and find a copy of Better Keyboard 8 (not at Google anymore). You'll pay a little, but it's worth it.
Display 8/10 Almost impossible to see in sunlight, but otherwise very nice. Pics and vids are sharp and clear, graphics programs very workable.
Battery 5/10 Blech. Although I DID find one place - batterybay.net that offers the correct replacement or spare battery - assuming that they're being honest and the numbers really do match.

Pros

• BIG display
  • Lots of internal memory and proc speed
  • Can take up to a 32 GB SD card

Cons

• short battery life
  • frequent total freeze-up or reboot

anishraj
posted on 17 Jul 2012, 19:03 (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)

anishraj has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I wanted to own a smartphone,The phone is the perfect size and is feature rich. The screen is nice and bright---perfect for playing games and surfing the web, and the colors are vibrant. The reader has a "night reading"I just know that I'm impressed that I can actually enjoy reading on a 4.3 inch screen. I've had no problems with the phone other than the sound quality of calls being a great. I have to admit that I use
feature which changes the screen to black and the letters to white and you can enlarge the font. That is so much easier on the eyes, especially when I'm reading on the bus and the lighting is dim at best. Actually there are some other great features with the reader function.It's fast and easy to use. The price is pretty good I would recommend this phone to first-time smartphone buyers and anyone who wants a great 3G, Wi-Fi enabled smartphone with no contract. That's the best feature of all. I can't speak to the longevity of the phone---it's too early to tell if this phone will last for the long haul. But I can definitely say so far, so good.

Pros

• Features

wantsquality
posted on 11 Jun 2012, 10:14 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)

wantsquality

wantsquality has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Servcie provider (BOOST) said my problems were related to the older phone I had, 1.5 years old, and all would be better with an upgrade. Upgraded to their best and the servcie remained the same. And thats on top a phone that does NOT live up to any expectations. Saty aeway from both and my stance will not change unless of course either company decided to live up to expectation.

NOTE: Anyone who says good about either have just not owned the phone or service very long!!!

Pros

• nice look

Cons

• lots of them... and the carrier too

kylem
posted on 10 Jun 2012, 18:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)

Hate this phone

kylem has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The ZTE Warp is an okay phone. The reason i gave it a bad review is because my battery died exremely fast. I didn't get any good call quality anywheres. The build of the phone was very nice but it was the only good part about having the phone. I wouldn't have bought the phone if i knew it was gonna be doing what it does today.

Pros

• cheap plans

Cons

• services suck

Toribaby621
posted on 05 Jun 2012, 20:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)

"OK" phone!

Toribaby621 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had this phone for less than a month and it has been more bad than good. I have had my fair share of phones, all different brands (about 15) and services (5) and I am pretty easy on them. I usually update when some new software comes out. This phone has pretty much been the worst one yet. I definitely DO NOT recommend it!

The display: I give it about an 8. The graphics are pretty good and the display is bright. It does have a glare on it when using it out in sunlight. I tend to turn my display down to 25% to save battery life and in order to see the screen clearly I need to turn it to at least 50%. Its good but not pristine.
The camera is descent. If you are in bad light you wont get any advantage out of the flash!

Battery: I am a heavy app user and I have witnessed my battery decrease 15% in 3 minutes just using twitter! -.- WTF?! I charged my phone right before I went to sleep, and immediately checked the battery when I woke up (to see how far the battery would go down just on stand-by), I was at 40%. If you can live without 3G then the battery life is commendable! My phone lasted 8hrs with only a 20% decrease.

Text input: My uncle and dad used my phone fairly well seeing they have big fingers. I personally hate the new android layout for this phone - I cannot turn predictive text off, so I had to download a whole new text application to use!

My phone CONSTANTLY freezes!!!!!! I thought the other reviewers were exaggerating, but they were giving understatements!!!...

Build quality 7/10 The phone i made out of plastic which makes it feel cheap! If you can get past that and put a cover on or something, the phone is a nice size and pretty decent quality.
Reception 5/10 I don't get reception in places not directly in contact with the sky... like my room!!!!! I know its not my service either because I have had the same service with different phones!
Internet 8/10 Good. No complaints. Have seen faster with my HTC.
Multimedia 7/10 DRAINS the battery and makes the phone freeze. Music starts randomly by itself!!
UI speed 8/10 Would be better if the phone didn't freeze and lag.
Everyday usage 5/10 Constantly restarts, freezes, and starts my music.
Text input 7/10 Cannot get rid of prediction mode!
Display 7/10 Glare in sunlight or bright lights.
Battery 3/10 HORRIBLE!!! Apps KILLLLLLL the battery. I witnessed 15% decrease in 3 minutes.If you turn off the 3G the time is wonderful.

Pros

• Pretty Fast
  • Call quality

Cons

• Freezes
  • Restarts
  • Randomly starts music

Sharky
posted on 28 Mar 2012, 13:49 (Posts: 116; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)

Good pre-paid option

Sharky has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone works well enough and the big screen at a great price is a bonus. Just wish that the build quality were better all around, but I do love it. Its got a good hefty feel to it without being overly cumbersome. The MSM8655 chipset it utilizes is very reliable.

Build quality 6/10 Would rate it better if it weren't for the flimsy feeling buttons. The phone feels solid and I always like having a textured/rubberized back to improve grip. But the buttons are just damn cheap.
Reception 7/10 Same sort of reception that I've gotten with At&t and Verizon phones. Did notice a few more spots where it might have gone from full bars to half bars.
Call quality 6/10 Modest call quality. Incoming calls sounded a bit too muffled even at full volume.
Internet 7/10 Got inconsistent speeds with Boost, but they were satisfactory for the most part. Speeds seemed to be mostly in the 500-600kbps range, with a few moments where it'd hit 1mbps or 10kbps.
Multimedia 5/10 Did alright with multimedia. Youtube videos look fine on this screen. Sound quality through headphones (listening to music) left a little something to be desired though. Got an EQ app to help it a bit, but still felt lukewarm on this front.
Camera 4/10 Not too good. With good lighting the camera is ok, but when using the flash in low lighting conditions it adds a yellows tint to the photo.
UI speed 8/10 Probably the best part of the phone. UI is really fluid with minimal lag. The MSM8655 is a great chipset. 512MB or RAM helps a lot too.
Everyday usage 7/10 If you combine most of the previous factors I think you get a good overall experience in everyday use. Browsing the net, listening to music, checking email, getting updates on a variety of things. It all works well.
Text input 7/10 I like the XT9 keyboard that is the default keyboard on this phone. Keys are well sized and spaced, had no problems typing on this large screen.
Display 6/10 Earns a 6 mostly on the back of it being a 4.3 inch display. There is nothing really special about it, but its good enough.
Battery 8/10 First few days I was horrified by how little the battery lasted. I'm not really sure why, but after that it acutally performed rather well. Got me through my work day (typically 5-8 hours).

Pros

• Big screen
  • Good battery life
  • Zippy chipset
  • Price

• Mediocre sound quality

TamaDrumz76
posted on 07 Feb 2012, 05:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)

Great Android for Boost.

TamaDrumz76 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Have owned this phone since the beginning of December 2011. It's been working great for me and I'm very happy with my purchase. Build quality is very good (better than I had anticipated) and features Gorilla Glass. Feels very solid in hand and has a nice weight to it (not too heavy, not too light). Has an impressive feature/spec set for a phone of this price (especially for a pre-paid service like Boost).

First of all, phone is very fast and snappy feeling. Gliding through large lists of results, pictures, files, hundreds of e-mails, contacts, app drawer, etc is smooth and effortless (no screen stuttering). Apps load very quickly too.

Runs tons of apps without a problem. I'm running quite a few apps to customize my Android experience and works great while still running fast. Completely happy with speed of the Android system on this phone and its ability to run apps.

Screen looks great, graphics are very crisp and clear. Touch screen is very sensitive, accurate, and responsive.

Phone reception is excellent. Even if / when I have almost no signal, I can still have a very clear sounding phone call (people on other end report that my voice is crystal clear also). Internet and over-all 3G speeds have been great.

Really enjoy the rubberized soft touch back of the phone (although I purchased a shell for the phone for extra protection).

Camera is OK. Camera was not a huge factor for me, but it works as intended. Nothing special, but nothing bad either. it does what it needs to...

Build quality 9/10 Great build quality over-all. Gorilla Glass is a huge plus. Feels great in hand, nice weight, solid feel. Looks good, nice simple, classy design.
Reception 10/10 I've never had a problem making/receiving calls. Better reception than previous phones regardless of which network they were on.
Call quality 10/10 Calls have always been crystal clear both on my end and the other.
Internet 9/10 Internet is very fast over-all, browser is snappy on this phone and loads pages quicker than some other's I've tried. Sometimes some areas 3G is not as fast in, but not the phone's fault.
Multimedia 8/10 Does everything you'd really need it to, wish the external speaker got a little louder though.
Camera 7/10 It's 5 megapixel and looks ok. It features standard Android camera app with a decent amount of features. Picture quality is sufficient, but it's not amazing.
UI speed 10/10 Zero complains here. Phone's response is very fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 It does what I need it to do and does it well. I enjoy having this phone on my side throughout the day to aid me in my work and personal matters. It doesn't let me down.
Text input 9/10 I prefer buttons to a touchscreen, but the touchscreen is very accurate and responsive. Screen size allows a good view of message and keypad.
Display 9/10 Very clean, crisp display. Nice graphics over-all. Happy with resolution, though I do know that higher resolution screens do exist, though I do not feel it necessary on a screen this size.
Battery 7/10 Battery usage is pretty good. If you use a lot of internet it will reduce it. If you keep your WIFI and GPS reception on, it will drain it significantly faster. Keep these off when not needed and it will be sufficient.

Pros

• call quality, reception, speed, screen,

Cons

• external speaker output low, no current apps work with flashlight,

tylersherrill1
posted on 07 Jan 2012, 17:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)

Awesome phone, one of Boost's best.

tylersherrill1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is awesome! Its a big phone, so no more squenting your eyes to read a text anymore! Great service, 3G is kinda slow, battery ehhh, ive saw better. YOU CANT FIND A REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR IT ANYWHERE.

Build quality 8/10 It's got a nice inerface, cheaply made feeling though.
Reception 10/10 Boost has AWESOME service.

Pros

• huge screen
  • good quality
  • great camera

Vedderhead
posted on 06 Jan 2012, 12:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)

STAY AWAY! From ZTE and Boost!

Vedderhead has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone and Company are Complete Junk! I should include Asurian (insurance) while Im at it because they were equally useless. My ZTE Warp worked for around 15 days. It was very slow and I thought it showed very poor quality in every aspect. I download 2 apps. 1 a Task killer, 2nd Pandora, the next thing I know the phone is completely dead. That when things got worse. I tried for over a week to get a shipping label from ZTE, this included HOURS on the phone with what they call "Cutomer Service". I never did get the shipping label. Then I tried a different approach, the insurance company Asurian who claims to replace your phone in 1 business day. HA! A week Later and they Still claimed that the POS phone was on Back Order. But I could go to Boost.com and buy it again! NOT! I sent it all back, cancelled everything and bought a SAMSUNG GALEXY S II. I LOVE IT! Do your self a Huge Favor and STAY AWAY FROM BOOST AND ZTE!

Build quality 2/10 The worst phone Ive ever owned

Pros

Cons

• Too Many To List

jmoita2
posted on 04 Jan 2012, 16:57 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)

Best Android to date

jmoita2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Best phone I ever owned!!! No minuses,all pluses.
Best phone i have ever had

All pros,no cons.

Web surfing really snappy,5 megapixel with camera. Also,has a much higher end build and feel. Can't go wrong. Highly recommended.

frankc29
posted on 13 Dec 2011, 17:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)

Finally a good android experience on Boost

frankc29 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Well I've only had this phone for a week, so I can't speak for long term issues, but having said that, this phone, performance-wise, is a huge leap ahead from the Samsung Prevail I had before. No longer am I confronted with laggy performance, limited to a very few apps due to pitiful internal memory, and I can finally play decent games. There is very little in the weay of preloaded junk apps, no silly overlay, just straight Android 2.3. The screen is large, though contrast and brightness are not the greatest, however quite acceptable. Call quality is good, though I am at maximum volume to achieve good calls, no leeway there, but my hearing is not the greatest. The one area, the only one, where the Prevail had an edge is fit and finish. The warp has a very cheesy and wiggly camera button, it's quite pathetic and I wont be surprised if it falls out one day. Not good. The volume rocker is not nearly as bad, but it's cheap as well. Overall you can tell corners were cut. I am pleased though, that for $140 I have a 4" Android phone with near high end specs and excellent performance.

Pros

• Excellent performance, no bloatware or overlays, large screen

Cons

• Build quality

dlanes
posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)

Best smartphone on Boost to date

dlanes has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about a month and I am pleased with the performance and quality of this phone. I have not had any issues yet. Has noise cancellation built in so it will filter out background noise. Some people complain the lights for the buttons are not always lit, but the phone is designed that way, they work off the light sensor on the upper left of the phone. The camera is just ok, but nothing more is needed on a cellphone. The built in keyboard is just ok, the swype text prediction is the most annoying part as it seems to always predict wrong

Pros

• Large screen
  • Fast processor

• Built in keyboard

bostontom
posted on 18 Nov 2011, 20:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)

Its not all about the big screen

bostontom has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Spend $29.00 more and get the Samsung....You will be happier in the end. Have had this phone for 2 weeks and the camera button fell out and there are dead spots on the touch screen speaker volume is low, and sometimes you have to power the phone off and to get apps to start installing.

Call quality 4/10 avrage

Pros

Cons

• Build quality
  • speker

ezapatanyc
posted on 07 Nov 2011, 23:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)

AVOID THIS COMPANY, THEY USE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

ezapatanyc has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Today I went to buy the new ZTE Warp android phone from Boost Mobile to the store and they pretty much ripped me off.

I paid for the phone (the ZTE Warp) following a promotion of $55 discount credit if this is activated before the 8th. This promotion has been announced in many website including boostmobile twitter, but none of their representative supposedly have any knowledge of it.

At the store, the representative replaced my previous Samsung Galaxy Prevail (an android phone). Then all of the sudden when I get home I noticed that they changed my monthly plan to a more expensive one without letting me know and they did not credited me for the $55 promotion. In addition, they changed my billing date to reflect today and pretty much wiped my credit money out of my account that I had already paid for the rest of the month. Now I have a brand new phone and no service. I also wasted my whole only free day from work talking on the phone with boost mobile. No help. Avoid this company!

The ZTE Warp also feels very cheap!!! And the default speaker cannot handle regular full volume, the sound distords and the speaker makes a squicky noise as a cheap speaker.

Pros

• big screen

Cons

• sound, cheap low speaker
  • it feels cheap
  • it has that ugly big logo at the top

Jimingolia1
posted on 06 Nov 2011, 19:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)

Jimingolia1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A great phone. A large screen with a crystal clear picture. Moves at a nice speed for 3G. plenty of room for apps. Comes with a great assortment of pre-installed programs. This phone runs Google apps like a dream.

Pros

• Big Screen