ZTE Supreme User Reviews

Call quality7.7/10
Reception8.1/10
Display9.4/10

billeroy37
posted on 12 Jun 2014, 08:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)

buy any phone but this thing

billeroy37 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After reading the other reviews, I wonder if they have the same phone or if they just use it to text with?? Thiss phone is a overpriced paperweight! It comes with Real Racing 3, but when you attempt to play it you will be kicked back to home(that's after the literal week it takes to download). Yes, you read that right it comes on the phone, but you are required to download to play??? Next I want to mention what both Virgin and ZTE don't want you to know, if you are connected to WiFiyou will not receive text or msm. I want to share with you that this phone lags horrifically, I play clash of clans, this phone regularly shutsdown while on clash. The voice to text and maps regularly stop working. At first I thought I had a faulty phone and had it replaced, only to have ALL the same issues, and to be informed that's how this phone works and that ZTE won't let them tell you that you can only be on mobile network or WiFi. Finally if you like being frustrated and cussing your phone, then run out and get this piece of garbage, but I'm here to tell you beware be warned buy any phone except the ZTE supreme.

Pros

• it's a phone

Cons

• everything you want in a phone generally malfunctions

billeroy37 alternatives:

wd8ajj
posted on 02 Apr 2014, 19:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)

XTE Super

wd8ajj has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Good phone fast and reliable. Nice display. Outpreforms my Samsung by a lot. Some bugs but what phone is without some! For 100.00 was the best deal outthere without a contract! To bad Sprint is the worst carrier. Does no justice to the phone.

Pros

• Nice display easy to use
  • Fast Better than my Samsung

Cons

• Must shut off wifi to get 3g to operate
  • Google voice keeps crashing

Onderma
posted on 11 Mar 2014, 15:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)

A Smart Phone Choice

Onderma has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The first thing you notice with this phone is the wonderful texture of the back cover. The back and the sides are both quite grippy, I rarely drop it. I have been totally amazed when I do drop it because it is crazy though. I don't have a case on it but I have dropped it down concrete stairs and even out of a moving car without damage. I have a slight scuff on the corner but my screen is perfect. I have also dropped it in water without any negative effects. Another pro of this phone is the battery, it both charges fast and lasts for multiple days. The position of the volume and lock buttons is great. The home, back, and menu button are part of the touch screen and it's pretty nice. On the right side there i a camera specific button. This button is one of the greatest things, if you hold it, the camera is automatically opened on the phone and it can be used to focus the camera and snap pictures. As you can probably tell from the 13MP, the camera takes amazing pictures. Even through differing light conditions, the pics are really nice. From the back of a class i can take a picture of whatever a teacher is showing. I really like the amount of RAM that this phone has, you can do anything. The screen's nice resolution shows everything very realistically. The colors are not overly vivid like some phones. Overall this is a good looking phone that works very well without fail.

Build quality 10/10 The entire phone is put together well and is super tough.
Reception 9/10 Virgin Mobile is a little spotty in Idaho but it is wonderful for the price and this phone uses it well
Call quality 10/10 The sound is really good and realistic
Multimedia 10/10 Really good as using different files. Because its not an iPhone.
Camera 10/10 11/10

DeeNuss
posted on 16 Jan 2014, 19:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)

I Love my new phone.

DeeNuss has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Watching Netflix on this thing is awesome. Amazing video. Still working with getting the camera down, but, I have issues with all cameras, so not surprised. I still use my Nexus Tablet, but now, I can go anywhere with my ZTE Supreme and watch videos, read books, and check out the news. With my old phone I only had a 2.7inch screen. As I'm now pushing 60, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be-so the extra screen size is fantastic for me. I also like the keyboard that comes loaded on this phone and the phone dialer as the numbers are larger, so I can actually see what I'm punching in.
I take it in my purse and in my jean pockets. No problem. I found a great stand up case for it on Amazon for about $5.00. When you're looking for accessories, google Sprint Vital. This is the exact same phone. Just with another name. However, with Sprint, at this time you must sign up for a 2 year contract and pay $99. for this phone. With Virgin, there is NO contract, and the phone costs $199.00. Monthly bill, is as low as $45. I'm anti contract. So, $199. makes me happy, to not have to have one.

Build quality 9/10 Built well IMO
Call quality 7/10 Sometimes it is difficult to hear people, especially if they're on a speaker phone.
Internet 9/10 Not a problem with accessing the internet ever.
Multimedia 9/10 Only played Netflix-and it was amazing!

CaptainX
posted on 10 Jan 2014, 23:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)

Great phone for the price- and overall

CaptainX has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is truly great and a fantastic phone for Virgin Mobile to put out as its first. With an fantastic screen and crystal clear picture and video recording this phone is beautiful to use. Fast internet, clean UI and easy keyboard make it not just easy to use, but also fun.

Build quality 9/10 Sturdy phone, decent weight, easy to hold, doesn't slip.
Reception 7/10 Virgin piggybacks off of Sprint's network. Sprint's network is...okay.
Call quality 8/10 Good quality, no call drops, but service can be spotty and makes for fuzzy noise occasionally.
Internet 10/10 Fast. Simple as that. On 4G, 3G or Wi-Fi.
Multimedia 8/10 Good selection of apps from the marketplace, unfortunately come pre-loaded with a lot of crap. (however easy to remove.)
Camera 10/10 13 mp which outranks any other smartphone out there-and some digital cameras is impeccable. the camera app, while limited is decent. Records in full 1080p video-which looks great. Front facing camera is only a bismal 1.3 mp but who cares about that anyway?
UI speed 9/10 Fast responses, opens menus quickly with almost no lag. Some stuttering happens very rarely.
Everyday usage 9/10 Easy to hold, easy to use, great for just a phone. Can be a bit much for an average user however.
Text input 9/10 Great keyboard, screen is big enough to accommodate easy typing. Whether horizontal or vertical.
Display 9/10 The display is amazing. Crystal clear images with a scratch resistant screen making viewing a pleasure that is only outranked by the nexus.
Battery 7/10 This is one of the few somewhat shortcomings of this phone. The battery life, while decent is not made for extended use. It specs say easy 14 to 15 hours, while with somewhat frequent but normal use the average is more to about 12.

• Rear Camera
  • UI

TechMan360
posted on 10 Jan 2014, 19:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)

Best ZTE ever made

TechMan360 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was reserving review of this phone till I had owned it for more than just a month. I have had it now for about 3 months (more than enough time to tell if it is going to be good or crap out) and I am impressed. This is not your standard ZTE offering, they put time, and effort into this one!! It doesn't stack up to this years top end (Galaxy S4) but it does go toe to toe with the Galaxy S3 and is lot easier on the wallet. I would recommend this phone to anyone.

Build quality 10/10 Easily the best ZTE ever made. The build quality is right up there with HTC and Samsung.
Reception 10/10 I have no problems with cell reception as I travel around my area.
Call quality 10/10 Lots of people get real anal about call quality, but you can understand everything clearly on this phone.
Internet 10/10 First phone that I've been able to get real 4G with. Blazing fast.
Multimedia 10/10 No problem playing videos on its beautiful large screen, and plays music well out of a very capable rear speaker.
Camera 10/10 13MP is just amazing for a phone in this price range. In the Supreme's price range 5MP cameras are standard.
UI speed 10/10 1.5Ghz Dual Core, can handle anything you throw at it without slowing down at all.

Pros

• Best phone I have ever seen for its price

Cons

• Made by ZTE, but it is the best phone they ever produced and they are really trying with this one

cowboy44mag
posted on 31 Dec 2013, 15:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)

Best choice on Virgin Mobile (for the moment)

cowboy44mag has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My review may be a little off for someone with a contract phone as there are contract phones that would blow the Supreme away (ie Galaxy S4), however on Virgin Mobile pre-paid this phone is hard to beat. The only phone that contends with it is the Galaxy S3. The Supreme has a larger screen, and a better camera, while the S3 has more pixel density, and sports more RAM. That being said the Supreme has virtually stock Android (not too much bloatware either) whereas the S3 has Samsung's skin running on top. What that means is although the Supreme has 1 GB of RAM and the S3 has 2 GB of RAM they have nearly the same amount of free RAM when you check the numbers (because the S3 has to run Samsung's bloatware and OS skin). The Supreme runs games flawlessly and has never run low on available RAM yet (usually staying well above 300 MB free usually hovering at or near 400 MB free). Call quality is at least average or above (I live in the sticks and with my old Triumph I couldn't even get reception, with the Supreme I can make calls from inside my barn!!). Can't comment on 4G as it isn't available in my area, however 3G is much snappier than my Triumph was and Wifi works great. I've never had a ZTE phone before but all in all I am very happy with this phone. I bought this phone on Black Friday so it was $150 half the cost of the S3 (when its on sale) and it is every bit as good.

Build quality 10/10 Seems to be robust and well built.
Reception 10/10 I can get reception inside my house and barns with this phone (never was able to with my old Triumph).
Call quality 10/10 Have never had to do the old "can you repeat that". Every word is clear and understandable, that is all I ask for from a cell phone.
Internet 10/10 4G not available in my area. 3G connects at 600kb to 1mb depending on the day (pretty snappy for 3G). Wifi connection is just awesome (my Triumph would max out around 10Mb/sec I get 14 to 15 and sometimes 20Mb/sec now).
Camera 10/10 13mp!!! Best you can get from Virgin Mobile. Takes better pictures than the S3, and shoots 1080p video.
UI speed 10/10 1.5GB dual core processor. Same processor as the S3 without the Samsung skin and bloatware slowing it down. Very snappy.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use my phone from morning to evening every day. My business would suffer if I couldn't keep in contact with customers, suppliers, and vets (I run a horse boarding business).
Text input 10/10 Finally have a device that swipe works well with. No input problems here.
Display 10/10 Beautiful 5" large display!! If you can tell the pixel density difference between this and the S3 you have much better eyes than a normal human.
Battery 10/10 Battery lasts all day long even with heavy internet and multimedia use.

Pros

• Without a doubt the best value high end phone available from Virgin Mobile

Cons

• Made by ZTE. Would be much happier with a phone made in the USA, but you can't buy what you can't find.

Chopper2342
posted on 24 Dec 2013, 12:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)

A Good Replacement for the iPhone 5

Chopper2342 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I replaced an iPhone 5s that work was paying for on the Verizon network. Since I didn't want to pay 100 a month for service, I looked at other options. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the ZTE Supreme on Virgin/Sprint. I get decent reception in the Twin Cities area, but the coverage outside of major cities and towns is spotty or non-existent. However, I usually find WiFi in a lot of these areas and I connect OK for my needs. The 13 MP camera takes beautiful photos (once you figure out the lighting issues and get the right camera apps). The large 5 inch screen with Android 4.1.2 looks beautiful...much better than my iPhone did with OS 7. I can actually game on this phone with high-resolution and demanding games like Real Racing 3 from EA Sports, and the results are amazing. Overall, I'm really happy with this as an iPhone replacement, and the Virgin Mobile cost is right for me, since I live and work in an urban area with decent Sprint coverage.

Pros

• Large Screen
  • 13 MP Camera
  • Low Cost
  • Lost Cost plan on Virgin/Sprint
  • Android 4.1.2
  • Long Battery Life

Cons

• Sprint network coverage
  • Voices tinny on calls

Chopper2342 alternatives:

mthorn79
posted on 14 Nov 2013, 08:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)

Best Overlooked Phone on VM

mthorn79 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

If I would've not done the research & found that this phone was actually the ZTE Vital from Sprint (rebranded Virgin Mobile Surpeme) I would've went with another phone but I just got my hands on this device and I've gotta say this phone is a beautiful! Screen is huge, battery life is great, speaker and call quality is nice and I completely forgot how much I like the look of stock Android. 13mp camera was also a nice surprise. Highly recommend this device. One slight annoyance, when I first got this phone it kept rebooting but I found a fix, if you place a small piece of paper folded up at the base of where the battery seats it fixes the reboots.

Pros

• Big Display
  • Decent Battery
  • Stock Android Experience
  • Little Bloatware
  • Great Camera
  • All Ports in Just the Right Spot

Cons

• Random Reboots

joseamw
posted on 09 Nov 2013, 23:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)

Good Phone, Not Great

joseamw has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall, this phone was worth the $250 ($300 Noramlly). The only bad thing is the storage. I have a 32gb SD Card but it's pretty much useless. I wanted to move the normal download location to my external SD Card but I have to root. I bricked my phone once and I don't want to risk it again. The space it comes with is 3 gb really. 5 is for the software. Call quality is bad most of the times. I live in a full-bar place. The home button should be on the side and I get one specific glitch when I play some games. The animation creates a phantom when you slide your finger across to look through a map or field. (CSR Racing, Dead Trigger 2) It runs smoothly playing Order and Chaos though. One last thing I find pretty stupid. I had 4G on my EVO 3D and I got 15mbs at full-bars, not bad BUT, I get the same speeds when on 4G LTE. The home button sometimes doesn't work and going into tasks is a pain when it decides not to work.

Now onto the good stuff.
Very thin phone I must say. Switching from an HTC EVO 3D it felt almost like paper. The phone is also very light. It's 5inch screen is very vivid and the 720p is great! Runs very smoothly 99.8 of the time and buffering speeds are great. It's very responsive and great! The camera is fantastic, the front facing is zoomed in though which I don't like. Plays 3D games very well and smoothly. It also has very little bloatware!

In conclusion, this phone is an 8.9 out of 10. I would recommend this phone for a person whose looking to get a mid range...

Build quality 10/10 Feels smooth in the hand.
Reception 10/10 Good signal everywhere I go, except for some specific parts.
Call quality 4/10 Sometimes it just buzzes and sometimes it's like they're in your face.
Internet 10/10 Very quick browsing I must say!
Multimedia 10/10 Quick buffering and smooth lighting when watching videos.
Camera 9/10 Beautiful 1080p shooting. The pictures could be better though. More features should be added to the camera.
UI speed 10/10 Very responsive, doesn't lag almost at all.
Everyday usage 9/10 Haven't had any serious problems so far with the UI.
Text input 8/10 For some reason when playing games and I want to type, the keyboard just disappears.
Display 10/10 Beautiful 720p display!
Battery 8/10 The 2500mah battery doesn't last very long. I haven't had the phone turn off but its ok.

• Phone Speed
  • Gaming
  • Buffering Speeds
  • UI
  • Price (Now for $225 As of 11/9/13)
  • 3G/4G Speeds

Cons

• Camera (Features)
  • Home Button
  • On/Off Placement
  • Sotrage

joseamw alternatives: