ZTE Score User Reviews

Text input5.5/10
Everyday usage5.2/10
UI speed5.5/10

pixelpadre
posted on 28 Jan 2013, 16:54 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)

ZTE WARP= poor quality poor reliability poor customer service

pixelpadre has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Bought this unit and it failed after 2 months of crappy service. Phone was buggy and even had a disappearing caller keypad. Ear receiver spontaneously quit after two months and Radio Shack and Boost wouldnt touch it. I got an RMA from ZTE. I got my phone back after 17 days and it was still broken. I had to pay shipping there and they paid shipping back via 5 day ground. Not in any hurry I noticed. I demanded a new phone and they refused and wanted me to send it back again. I had to buy $60 in prepaid minutes while they had my phone, + $10 to ship it. Out $70 and still have a busted phone. ZTE are crooks. Cheap chinese electronics means consumers get a raw deal while having faith in the manufacturer. Stay away from ZTE.

Build quality 1/10 Unit failure after 2 months
Reception 1/10 week audio from day one.
Multimedia 1/10 never used it
Camera 5/10 average camera no flash
Text input 2/10 Hate all the hoops you have to jump thru to shut off all their different texting options.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Poor quality crappy electronics
  • Poor customer service
  • Chinese cust reps have contempt for americans
  • No warranty rights
  • Battery short life
  • Misplaced android buttons on wrong side of phone
  • Fake National Office in Texas does not answer calls
  • Major Scam company

anishraj
posted on 27 Jul 2012, 11:34 (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)

service being as good as any other phone service

anishraj has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I purchased this product after being skeptical because of where I live because of all of the comments I heard of the service being as good as any other phone service... but anyways I purchased this phone and I actually can say I enjoy this phone alot....PROS: its an android and it is cheap to purchase....The screen is awesome and bright, Camera works great,easy settings, fast for the processor installed, great bluetooth, responsive,

Pros

• Camera works great

topnotchdiva1
posted on 29 Jun 2012, 13:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)

ZTE SCORE & CRICKET SUCKS, MUVE MUSIC IS A LIE!!!!

topnotchdiva1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about 6 months and everything that Cricket Wireless promised they lied. First of all Muve Music SUCKS! It works very slow and only has a portion of the music on their. The internet is NOT unlimited it only allows you 1 GB and then the phone slows down horribly you cannot even surf the web. Most of the apps in the App Market are not free and require purchase. The speakerphone on the phone sucks and calling ppl is hard to hear each other. The internet works on and off and text msgs keyboard is too small. The more you pay for Cricket Phones the sorrier they get. I had a $20 Cricket phone that was better than this one. Cricket is not a phone service that you would want to have. TRUST ME, GO ELSE WHERE! The are plenty more prepaid wireless carriers that have better service for a cheaper price!

Build quality 8/10 It is not a bad looking phone, it is made out of glass, and has a sleek design and it is just not big enough for me. The phone is very easy to drop, which has happened a couple of times. Fingerprints can be easily seen on this phone and it constanly needs cleaning.
Reception 3/10 Cricket Wireless gets bad reception with this phone, the calls are always stagnetic and blurry.
Call quality 3/10 With Cricket Wireless as the phone's provider this phone can has VERY poor service and reception. You can be talking to someone then all of a sudden the phone call ends b/c you accidently pressed the touch screen with your ear. This phone is not good for talking. The speakerphone sucks, you cannot here a thing with it on, and the volume on this phone is really low.
Internet 4/10 With this phone and Cricket Wireless as the provider, internet service is horrible. They tell you unlimited internet but, they slow it down to 1GB after a couple of days and you are paying for unlimited internet but, the internet is soo SLOW that you don't even want to use it. The internet won't even let you view images, and customer services tells you the same answer to fix your problem.
Multimedia 4/10 The apps that come with this phone are okay but, nothing to get excited about. Most of the apps are demo and you can only use them for a little while. The STORAGE on this phone is ridiculous. If you want to download alot of apps the phone will tell you it can't b/c it is not enough space. If you like music this phone doesn't even have a good audio app with sound fx or bass boost.
Camera 2/10 The camera is so bad that I don't even use it b/c the images look dark and I feel the images are not secure with the phone.
UI speed 4/10 The speed of this phone is okay if you are not on the internet. But if you are playing a game on the phone (the screen is too small) then the games will glitch and the apps will FORSE CLOSE. The internet is pretty slow, it may take 20 sec to load one page just after you have paid the bill for the speed to be high quality again for that month.
Everyday usage 3/10 I only use this phone to listen my music that I downloaded from an app on the app market. I rarely call ppl and Cricket will stick you on the $55 Plan but, you won't get your money worth. This phone is embaressing #1 is is a Cricket phone and #2 it is small and boring. It is pretty good for texts or to lookup the weather.
Text input 5/10 Texting on this phone is pretty good even though the keyboard is a little small.
Display 7/10 This phone does have clear, vivid display even the games are clear to see. The touchscreen and tilt is very good and responsive.
Battery 2/10 The battery on this phone is HORRIBLE! I have to charge this phone at least 4 times a day even when I am not using it. The battery life is less then 4 hours long. The charger is good and it only takes about half as long to charge the phone completely.

• Text Messaging
  • A variety of free apps

• Slow Proccessor Speed
  • Easily shows fingerprints
  • Poor Customer Service
  • Low Density Camera & Camcorder

unperfectgoddess
posted on 07 Feb 2012, 01:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)

Worst CRICKET phone ever!!

unperfectgoddess has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Half of the time the Muve Music does not work. I have to pull my battery and power my phone back on all of the time. The battery life is extremely poor, even when I have not used the music or made a call I have to charge it every four hours for at least an hour. I get all kinds of errors. The phone drops calls even while I am laying in my bed, I have been really careful to not move a muscle and it still drops the calls! I have been with Cricket since they first came to Layton, Utah and this phone reminds me of the type of service my old Nokia "Brick" ,or whatever the model was called, had. It is AWEFUL!!

*The camera and the video works great, but there is no flash or backlighting!
*The battery life STINKS!
*Streaming quality is POOR!
*There are preinstalled APP games that are "demo" only and cannot be deleted...they take up part of your internal memory and cannot be moved to the card.
*The preinstalled APP's are constantly updating, also taking up memory, and killing the battery.
*The external speaker SUCKS!! (Even with the phone sitting on my leg in a quiet room I cannot hear the music or use the speakerphone. I have even tried connecting it to my Skullcandy Pipe and the sound quality on that is usually awesome, but not with this phone! If I connect this phone to my Skullcandy Pipe it registers as headphones and disables the microphone so I can't use it as a speakerphone that way either *which I was able to do with my LG Optimus.*

I will not purchase another MUVE or ZTE phone...

Reception 1/10 The phone constantly drops calls. I also rarely have 3G service. When on my Optimus I never had this issue in the same places that I am having them with this phone.
Multimedia 1/10 The MUVE feature doesn't always work. Music downloads take forever with the 3G service constantly dropping and the downloads kill the battery! The sound output leaves a lot to desire.
UI speed 2/10 Faster than some but takes forever to load even the smaller applications like the calendar and messaging.
Text input 6/10 The way the conversations are organized is a great feature, the speech to text works well, and the keyboard is easy to use.
Display 10/10 The display is the right size! The colors are vivid.
Battery 1/10 I have to charge the phone 3-4 times a day even when I haven't used it. The Android System uses to much of the phones battery.

Pros

• The phone seems sturdy.

Cons

• Listed in my review!

WillDWhite
posted on 12 Jan 2012, 23:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)

Great Phone, Battery only lasts a few hours.

WillDWhite has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm in the process of returning this phone. The OS works great, the hardware runs really well, and the camera isn't half bad either. However, even after downloading a battery defender app, setting all apps so they don't update, turning off searching for wifi / bluetooth, and lowering the screen brightness - the battery for this phone only lasts about 8 hours - less if you actually talk on it or use it.

I took it to the Cricket store and had them swap in a new battery, but the gal told me that these phones are known for only lasting 5-6 hours. There's that wonderful Cricket customer service....

Luckily its just barely within the 30 day mark so I'm planning to sidegrade to another phone.

Reception 6/10 Tried in CA, TX, TN, NC, and for the most part I get coverage - though it can be pretty staticy at times.
Call quality 4/10 Tried in CA, TX, TN, NC, and for the most part I get coverage - though it can be pretty staticy at times.

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Operating System

Cons

• Battery Dies *WAY* too fast

VeganDeadHead
posted on 15 Nov 2011, 22:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)

It's good.

VeganDeadHead has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

For a Cricket phone it's good. Better than the Optimus, the only downside is the Camera which is better on the Optimus.
I don't really care for a camera, so it doesn't matter to me. Though, if you want a good camera, than this phone might not be for you.

Camera 3/10 Terrible. Though it doesn't stick out.
Text input 7/10 Download another keyboard. That's all I have to say.

Pros

• Hasn't froze
  • Touch is responsive
  • Camera button on the side.
  • 2.3 Gingerbread
  • 3G is pretty fast compared to the Optimus.
  • Smooth front and back

• Batter