ZTE C78 User Reviews

another frustrated buyer
posted on 27 Oct 2010, 17:28

Fine piece of shit

another frustrated buyer has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Phone doesn't come with a software of its own, so you need to purchase a "USB dongle" or a bluetooth mini-adapter. Which I've done. But it still gives me trouble. Tried from 2 computers -- computer A somehow was able to pair with my phone, but couldn't transfer files. Computer B, a total waste of time...

Bottom line, won't ever -- like NEVER EVER -- purchase any ZTE product. It stinks.

As for the texting -- sends twice or more the same message. Sometimes it won't even send it, and some other it will even lose reception at random. This is seriously a very poorly designed piece of crap.

Peter Cline
posted on 24 Jun 2010, 17:28

2.3

This company blows

I have had this phone for a while, it loses all your information and then the company gives you some half assed 800 number and you call it, you get an answering machine, no one ever answers or gets back to you, there is no back up system and no reliability to this company, I only used it because I had no choice, Now that I have a choice I am going to a better company.

trista
posted on 26 Jan 2010, 18:37

its good

it has some problems but its really not a bad phone it has 60MB of memory and you cann send a text message how ever bigg u want and it just sends it in a pic message which i love. it can download ringtones off of the internet u just have to use a certain type of website. i have had this phone for a while and i have had to replace it twice thats the only thing that sucks that somtimes it like explodes and it stops working but thats probably only bec i had a lot of pictures. the rings are loud and the only thing that suks is that the signeture dose not work it says signeture but u save it and it does not goo on the text message. and the emails are hotmail and another one that i cant remember. but itss good and i love the purple design hope u enjoy it :)

Pros

• message as picture message
  • picture messaging
  • downloadable content
  • email ap
  • enternet browsing ect.....

Cons

• singeture not there
  • does not have yahoo messanger

kendra
posted on 10 Nov 2009, 20:33

under satisfactory

the first day that i got it i dropped it a few times and it still worked perfectly. but you cannot download anything from the internet and sometimes when yout on the intrnet the phone will automatically shut off.  texting is pretty gud because the keys are close together so you can text without looking (sneak texting). but other than that the phone is pretty boring. it only comes in one color and almost everyone has in for metropcs

Pros

• easy texting
  • durability
  • memory

Cons

• internet downloading
  • BORING

kala
posted on 11 Oct 2009, 01:49

BAD PhONe

This is the most unrelieable phone I have every bought, its turns off when you are on a call, i have took this phone back over 4 times, 3 times I had to exhange it for another phone, but Metro PCS would not let me purchase another type of phone ( I would have to pay for a new one) then they charge $10.00 dollars and you have to wait 3 days for a exchange but you will not have a borrowed phone to use from Metro Pcs, or you can purchase another phone from them for $30 dollars the same day, talking about a reap off,,, i would like to know who make these phones so i can go straight to there company to complain,,, and maybe I can get my money back to purchase a new phone,,, I HATE THIS PHONE, I don,t have money to keep giving them to keep changeing to another phone and its the same messed up phone,

posted on 14 Sep 2009, 14:44

I got this phone a few days ago and it seems to be working just fine. I found that I could download and store ringtones on my phone from myxer.com. It's fast, easy and free!!  S

Shortie
posted on 03 Sep 2009, 11:46

good

so far this phone has worked really well for me. I can download ring tones online from myxer.com the trick is to download it twice. I can easily exchange via bluetooth with my friends. the ringer is very loud. the speaker is slightly more quiet then my last phone when i'm talking to someone and i cant quite figure out how to access my emails like it says i should be able too but overall this phone seems like it was a good choice

Cynthia
posted on 18 Apr 2009, 15:03

Disappointment

I only had this phone for 2 weeks and I am so dissatisfied with it.  Bad choice, I was better off with my old metro phone and to think the zte was supposed to be an upgrade.  Can't download anything!

posted on 23 Mar 2009, 06:20

I was very dissapointed with this phone the first few days after i bought it, but now i love it. The gps is great for my job (bicycle courier), and this thing is tough. It fell out of my pocket during rush hour in center city philadelphia and was run over by a cab. When i picked it up and pressed a key to see if it worked, it was fine! the screen wasnt even damaged. If you get this phone, buy the 99 cent plastic casing. Its tougher than you think.

Pros

• tough, decent battery life

Cons

• web browser, operating system

Shazne
posted on 17 Mar 2009, 20:02

good

This phone is good it has a beautiful display lots of memory can hold at least 300 texts in my inbox easily and is loud with ringtone capability i can Bluetooth songs to and from my friends or send them through texts easily.  Only thing is it is not compatable with my laptop and cannot download ringtones online.  It does not randomly shut off and on and gets good reception for the most part.

Pros

• has bluetooth pretty screen display and can play loud music

Cons

• Not computer compatable

Mandi Hawley
posted on 16 Mar 2009, 14:53

;)

the only issue i have with this phone is not being able to connect directly to my computer. but get real people i bought a bluetooth dongle for 2.60 on dealextreme.com and i can bluetooth music and pictures to the computer now. other than that it's a good phone and i love the camera on it and the memory it has and the screen is great. And i only have to charge this phone every other day.

Pros

• size, color, memory, bluetooth, camera and picture quality, battery life

Cons

• no direct link to computer

kimberlie
posted on 03 Mar 2009, 22:21

Ohmg

ohmg this phone can get very annoying at times. but its pretty good cause it got wet and it still works perfectly fine. i like the colors and the way it looks and all. the phone is really good. it doesnt turn on and off on me though. i just hate the fact that you cant save any ringtones on it. and it wont connect to your computer hardware. like whats the point.

Pros

• the features and colors

Cons

• cant save any ringtones or pictures. and wont connect to the computer

Jennie
posted on 26 Feb 2009, 14:01

This phone is horrible. It sucks so bad. Metro PCS should be ashamed for allowing this piece of crap to be sold by their company. I have called and complained about this phone at least 15 times.

Darian
posted on 21 Feb 2009, 11:59

Do not buy

This phone is terrible. I hate it. I can't recieve text messages some times and i can't connect it to my computer. Metro included a USB cord in the box, but why would they do so if i can't connect it to the computer? I can't download ringtones nor access my MP3 player. I would not purchase this phone.

colin
posted on 05 Feb 2009, 18:31

it tuns off

it is horrible and it turns off randomly i hate the f* thing

Turtle
posted on 19 Jan 2009, 10:05

A complete waste of money

this phone is horrible. i had it less than 3 hours before i wanted to take it back. but metro pcs will not return “upgrade” phones. It constantly misses calls and text messages . there are no drivers to connect it to a computer. you cannot program any of the keys so texting becomes tedious.and even the slightest impact , such as settign it down, can cause it to restart. when it does connect the connection is poor . complete waste of money

Pros

• pretty. compact. good vibrate and volume. lots of memory .bluetooth

Cons

• misses many calls and text messages. phone resets with slightest impact. NO DRIVERS so it cannot communicate with computer.poor reception when it does get calls.cannot program any keys . Entire texting experience becomes tedious because of poor software design.

M.M.
posted on 14 Dec 2008, 23:33

I am satisfied with the product

I have had my ZTE C78 cell for over a month, and I have not had any problems with it. It has not turned off/on and things like this as some of the other people have said. I also think it's a pretty durable phone, my husband made the goofy mistake of leaving it on the roof of our car & driving off!! The phone slid across the roof, down the windshield & slammed to the ground & to our amazment, has continued to work with no problems.

Pros

• Small, thin, neat color, has built in camera, durable

Cons

• Number buttons on keypad are pretty small which causes you to push the wrong buttons when dialing sometimes

CaptRon
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 08:20

C78 issues

I purchased 2 of these phones as replacments for my kids old Nokia phones. One started turning off and back on after 4 days and the other started doing the same thing after a week and a half. The second phone turns off when you set the keypad lock aout every fourth time. The people at the Metro store said they had not had a problem with these phones at all and that is why I purchased them. We will be exchanging the phones this weekend.

Pros

• Nice size and weight. Good display. Good battery life.camera.

Cons

• Turns off and on at random. no way to sync with computer, and it is purple.

Joshua Martin
posted on 29 Oct 2008, 17:04

ZTE c78 horrible.

I have purchused a c78 and it worked fine for less than a week. The design must have a faul. The phone will turn off then back on when ever its wants. Even with proper charging use, also I called tech support and they said the phones go into a power cycling mode. What they did not say is that it will not come out of it. If you have purchused this modle of ZTE phone return it and get another one