T-Mobile myTouch User Reviews

Reception6.7/10
Text input7.7/10
UI speed5.3/10

SSHEGANOSKI
posted on 03 Jan 2014, 11:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2014)

my touch phone

SSHEGANOSKI has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone back in Aug of 2013.I liked the phone the 3 weeks it worked. I was out of town at a wedding and the only way I know it wasn't working was because my family could not reach me.I received a call on in room phone wondering why I wasn't answering my phone. I looked then and saw the missed calls from my handicapped sister that needed my help to get ready. The speaker went out. When I got back to South Carolina from Maryland I went back to the Walmart I purchased the phone..I spoke to a representative at phone counter at Walmart they said I missed 15 day return policy they then sent me to customer service who in turn told me I would have to speak to someone in the phone dept. I then told them I did.Then they told me I would have to go through the manufacturer. I started that nightmare on Oct 11 when I sent the phone back for a replacement .I called the number that Walmart gave me for My Touch T Mobile. I was told to send my phone back to a Rochester N.Y. address minus the sim card and battery which I did. I tracked the phone when I sent it and they received it on Oct 15.I was told 7 to 10 business days I would have my phone .After numerous phone calls and almost 2 months later I received my pone on Dec 7th or so. WITH NO BACK! NOW THE FUN BEGINS.!!!!After still more phone calls I was told today to kiss my $140 good bye and I will not be getting a back to my phone. If I was told to send the phone back , back I would have.I said bulls**t and s**t on the...

Reception 4/10 Not phone T-Mobile not enough towers in my area.

Pros

• I did like phone.It was ok

Cons

• no speakers now no back ....

Jzaiger
posted on 27 Oct 2013, 17:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)

Get a Galaxy or iPhone.

Jzaiger has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this device for about a year and a half, and frankly; I'm on the wall about it. Its decent for an entry level smartphone but there are a lot of flaws that were overlooked in development of this. The processor honestly is too small. Yes its a Qualcomm, but its dog slow and gets flustered easily. As the User above me said, don't download a ton of apps, because It WILL slow down massively. Texing is smooth, the keyboard and device screen lags when charging in a wall (Like will press shortcuts you didnt even touch) So charge it in a USB port. The camera is decent, but lacks flash, geotagging, and auto stability like the iPhone 4 of the time. All in all, decent. HOWEVER, there are a lot better devices out there. On a budget? This is perfect. Have no budget? Get an iPhone or Galaxy. As a side note, I found it incredibly uncanny that its brother the MyTouch Q model got the update for 4.1 but this model didn't.

Build quality 8/10 Its mainly plastic, The Body Glove and some of the knock off rugged cases are your best bet.
Reception 7/10 Really weak in semi-remote areas, but thats not all the handsets fault. Mainly T-Mobile.
Call quality 9/10 Almost no skipping in calls or anything of that nature.
Internet 9/10 Really fast. Great browsing, and video streaming.
Multimedia 9/10 GREAT. Almost no lag on youtube and video links.
Camera 7/10 Meh. Its semi fuzzy and some of the colors are off.
UI speed 5/10 Slow.
Everyday usage 8/10 Decent, however lag will surely irritate you, as this device is notorious for it.
Text input 9/10 Great keyboard, with customizable sounds.
Display 6/10 Not bad, but not good. Sorta plain and expectable for a smartphone of this budget.
Battery 6/10 Not extraordinary at all. Infact somewhat bad. Maybe 5-6 hours of heavy app usage, and 9 or so hours for medium use.

• Front facing camera
  • Great social networking
  • Beautiful looking SMS threads.
  • Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Yelp already preloaded
  • Decent camera
  • Great loudspeaker.
  • Fast Internet Browser

Cons

• Fuzzy pictures
  • Cant delete preloaded apps
  • Slow
  • Easily Scratched screen
  • Small Processor

Jzaiger alternatives:

wolverinexmen9
posted on 03 Jul 2013, 13:24 (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)

MyTouch By LG

wolverinexmen9 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I owned this phone for about 7 to 8 months before I got a new phone and gave this phone to my brother. It's an alright phone. LG could have done better. To start, this phone wasn't ment to run lots of apps. Runs really slow after 10 to 15 downloaded apps. Battery life is alright but with a lot of apps running all the time it sucks. The camera is a 5mp camera with no flash but does have auto focus. Has a front facing camera but it's only 0.3mp. The screen size is average. Texting is alright. Phone calls are clear. Great price when I bought it. Android software stopped at 2.3.6. Final thoughts, a device for calling, texting and a couple apps.

Pros

• Good Price
  • Average screen size

Cons

• No LED Flash
  • Very slow (use few apps as possible)
  • May be too thin (buy a case)
  • Battery life kinda sucks with lots of apps

wolverinexmen9 alternatives: