T-Mobile myTouch 4G User Reviews

Everyday usage9.2/10
UI speed9.3/10
Camera8.9/10

HG305
posted on 17 Jan 2012, 15:46 (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)

Not bad for my first HTC

HG305 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Test driving my first HTC. I can't complain. I was expecting the internet speeds to be significantly faster than my Samsung Vibrant 3G. I didn't notice a difference on the internet speeds. The phone, I believe, was a bit too feminine.

Internet 9/10 I was expecting faster speeds, considering my Vibrant was only 3G and was fast enough.

antoinetrenton
posted on 31 Jul 2011, 06:47

my touch 4g with Android 2.3.4

antoinetrenton has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone very fast CPU I just update the my touch 4g to Android 2.3.4 it works way batter then android 2.2.1 battery life is batter with the andorid 2.3.4 you should pick up a my touch 4g with Android. 2.3.4 I think this phone is still at the top of its gane

Pros

• big beautiful screen
  • fast 4g speed
  • Android 2.3.4
  • fast 1gh CPU
  • batter battery Life
  • good in the hand

ace20011
posted on 14 Jul 2011, 14:26

i love my touch 4g

ace20011 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone as a replacement. To my g2 witch is,also a great. Phone but I had got poor signal with my g2 so t mobile offered me a my touch 4g I love this phone its faster then the g2 and my signal. Is much better. Im starting to love HTC sense. And the camera is great for a phone

Pros

• beautiful screen
  • better 4g speed then my g2 i had
  • fm radio
  • fast phone

Brenda104
posted on 24 Apr 2011, 17:53

I love this phone

Brenda104 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really like the feel of the phone and how it works, the phone has a really nice screen and the camera is very good, I noticed the speakers aren't the most powerful and the battery runs out for me at the end of the day ( other smart phones ran till the next) but its all right I really like it, the video chat is way better than other phones I've had, I have this phone in white and I love how it looks, I didn't like the other colors (my opinion)

Build quality 10/10 VERY HIGH QUALITY PHONE
Internet 10/10 EXELENT INTERNET BROWING
Battery 6/10 The battery isnt the best...

• Feel of the phone
  • Video chat

British Empire
posted on 17 Apr 2011, 13:52

Good phone.

British Empire has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It's a great phone, but the battery life and the 3G connectivity is poor. But it's T-Mobile, that explains the 3G & 4G. Normally I'm connected to Edge in a fully covered 3G & 4G coverage area. The battery life is extremely poor, I'm charging my phone twice a day. Even had to get a wireless charger so my phone wouldn't die during the day. It has a really nice display, and a amazing camera. It's not much of a inside camera, more for outside pictures. During a call, I don't hear any cracking or anything. It's almost like they're beside me, I mostly look for that in a phone. I used to use a iPhone 3G and 3GS. So coming to a phone that has vibration when I text is kinda different, but I like it. It lets me know I actually clicked something. Listening to music really drains my battery. It's about 3 hours from 100% and it'll be around 40%. But it does live up to the "1GHz processor". It's fast on the internet, even under EDGE service. It's a great phone, I recommend it, but I do also recommend getting a wireless charger.

• Internet

chrisssss
posted on 08 Apr 2011, 20:23

mr

chrisssss has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great Great Phoneee loveddd. takes great pictures, the lcd looks great, the quality of the call is excellent. Genius botton works great and the swype to. the interface looks great and the internet experience is fenomenal, has a lot of things. never had a problem even went the phone visit the floor several times jajaja

Pros

• built quality
  • fast speed
  • size
  • internet

Cons

• speaker

jay
posted on 31 Mar 2011, 08:29

Mr

jay has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Nice phone, but the battery life kills it, no usage in an 8 hour day, but battery drains to 30%. Owned 3 HTC phones and al had the same issue BAD Battery life, makes me not recommend any HTC phones to anyone who I know is looking for a new phone, I see a lot of the reviews on here giving the battery 8/10 or better, not sure how they are getting such great battery life. For me it kind of defeats the purpose of having a SMART phone, when I have to disable all the smart features to have a phone that last beyond my working hours. HTC needs to do better with this, their phones are nice to look at, but useless if the battery is dead

Pros

• Really nice looking phone

Cons

• Battery, battery battery, The worst, some kind of HTC thing with all their phones

Daemon
posted on 07 Mar 2011, 10:21 (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Mar 2011)

Not worth the money.

Daemon has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love the Android operating system. It is too bad HTC and T-Mobile add so much bloat-ware to a device making the device slow and unnecessarily complicated. I found the Genius button slow and with limited functionality. The phone is very heavy compared to others on the market with no noticeable gain to justify the weight in other areas such as battery life. The phone has many buttons for input but some of these are redundant thus making the device confusing at times. The speaker phone on this device is "tinny" and practically useless. The battery life on this phone is poor and you need to be attentive on what features you have running such as WiFi/4G and turn them off to conserve power. In summary the phone has poor power management leading to a short battery life. Because of other options currently available in the market and the cost of this phone I would not recommend this phone.

Pros

• UMA Calling
  • Swipe input

Cons

• Speaker Phone
  • Bloat-ware
  • Heavy
  • Genius button is useless
  • Poor battery life
  • No Voice input like other Android devices

Daemon alternatives:

Makapiapia
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 03:11 (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Dec 2010)

Not to shabby

Makapiapia has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a great phone, coming from a motorola cliq xt feels like riding a top fuel dragster.It was between this or a vibrant, I'm glad I got the MT4G, it feels like it has a better build, flash and front facing camera was also a huge factor. Sense is awesome. Hspa+ rocks, good multi tasking, Reception is great, only complaints, are speaker phone screeches and volume level a little soft, other than that this phone is TOP SHELF HA-Y-N!

Pros

Cons

• Battery life, but most smart phones has crappy batt.

Caterina
posted on 11 Dec 2010, 08:16

GREAT

Caterina has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I must say this is by far one of the best phones, my friend recently got the iphone 4, she was trying to impress me with her phone but the mytouch 4g has almost the same or better features. The iphone 4 takes better pictures then the mytouch but that is it...I love android and overall this phone is AWESOME. I would never get an iphone since it doesn't have flash....

Internet 10/10 Super fast

Pros

• Fast
  • Multitasking
  • Android 2.2
  • Flash
  • Video conferencing

Cons

• Camera can use an improvement

Awesome14Axel
posted on 11 Dec 2010, 02:05 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)

This phone is awesome

Awesome14Axel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm coming from a Motorola Cliq which was my 1st Android phone. At first it was awesome but then it started to get slower and slower and then it broke so I heard about the MyTouch 4G and when I got it I was amazed. The speed of the phone was very fast, the screen is average size and the battery actually lasted me for more than a day I am very happy with the phone and I hope the video chat gets fixed soon and that the phone gets 2.3.

Pros

• UI (this maybe a con for some)
  • browser speed
  • very fast
  • sturdy

Cons

• video chat has bad quality
  • battery kinda sucks

rodriguezmedina2003
posted on 26 Nov 2010, 15:41

Very Fast and Responsive

rodriguezmedina2003 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Has the best reception I have had in a tmobile phone and the battery is a issue, but still last long for being a 4g phone and the camera is awesome. The display is huge good enough between 3.5 to 4.3 inch screens and the 4G is fast i get like 5 mb per second in my home.

Pros

• 4G
  • Processor
  • Reception

Cons

• Battery, but it's a 4G phone

Sloppy
posted on 12 Nov 2010, 12:29

My T-Mobile MyTouch 4G

Sloppy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just bought this phone yesterday, but I had spend many hours try to figure out all the function, and side by side comparison with my wife's iphone 3GS.

Basically this phone can do everything what iphone 3GS can with faster processing speed. I would pick this phone over iphone, becuase of speed, more free apps, Tethering function, which mean my laptop can go online anytime while on the road, and voice text, and search.

Hiroshi
posted on 11 Nov 2010, 18:42

Da bugga, cherry!

Hiroshi has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is awesome,i recently up graded from an cliq xt. It feels like I've been in the ice age for the past year! Needless to say I'm very pleased with this phone. I've read all these reviews saying that this phone is a copycat of the iphone by the way it looks and blah blah blah, get a life it's just a phone, not a time travel device!

Pros

• Fast
  • Great multi tasking
  • Perfect size

Cons

• Battery.
  • Video chat sound quality poor

Exile SS
posted on 09 Nov 2010, 18:36 (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)

First Smartphone

Exile SS has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Ok, I've been visiting this site for a long time no and researching dozens of upcoming and suspected phones. Finally settled on this. Do not focus on the word "settle". I find this phone quite amazing. It has the second generation 1ghz processor and can have up to 32 gb of storage. Oh by the way it can run the Class 4 micro sd card. For those less tech savvy it basically means it can write the data much faster than class 2. The internet is fast, music player recognizes a wide variety of formats, and 4G is amazing. It's less expensive than the G2 with all the same capabilities and a little bit of a faster processor. It's absolutely worth getting for now.

Build quality 10/10 Have a hard plastic case that adds weight. Heavy enough without it though. I prefer heavier phones though. I like to know I'm actually holding something rather than wondering how fragile it is and how easy it will break.
Reception 8/10 In my house i get edge, at work i easily achieve T-Mobile's "4G" When I do get "4G" this phone is simply amazing. It's just as fast at loading pages as the computer's at work. If i have 4G i don't even use WiFi.
Call quality 10/10 Very clear I don't get any of that annoying buzzing i typically get on T-Mobile's service.
Internet 10/10 You can do almost everything like a regular computer. I even do full school assignments on it.
Multimedia 10/10 Games and music and the ability to have 32gb of storage space to hold it all is ridiculous and fun at the same time.
Camera 8/10 Images appear a little blurry if you don't have a steady hand. It doesn't have the options for clarity and detail (low, med, high). It does have the options of contrast, saturation, sharpness, and exposure though. Video is nice, though like i said I'm not used to the hd video as this is my first smartphone.
UI speed 10/10 Snappy and fluid! Very easy to get accustomed to.
Everyday usage 10/10 Can basically do everything
Text input 9/10 Very good input options. This is just my first virtual and first qwerty keyboard so I'm not used to it. Snappy and responsive though.
Display 9/10 LCD screen if fine. I don't see why LED is better when everything appears so oversaturated. However screen did freeze and turn odd colors. Removing the battery fixed the issue.
Battery 7/10 What can i say it's a smartphone with the more power consuming LCD screen. Using the internet heavily, playing games, etc drains it pretty quick.

Pros

• 4G is ridiculously fast
  • The processor easily handles multitasking
  • Not oversized

Cons

• Battery (Duh)
  • Camera a little shakey

BusyBee
posted on 05 Nov 2010, 15:32

Sustance and Style

BusyBee has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a beautiful phone with a quality build and the color options really give it character, without making it too childish. The screen display is nice, swype for typing is amazing, the call quality is pretty good and the music playback is great. The phone feels great in the hand and can be operated with one hand.

The camera takes great pictures and the network speed can be dizzying. I’m a minimalist so this works well for me, because I have everything in one complete package. A mobile phone, a music player, my email, the newspaper, a camera, my personal planner, my bible, weather updates AND even a new word for the day to help build my vocabulary and that of my 16 year old. And I’m doing it with style.

When selecting the MyTouch 4G, I couldn’t help but notice the other androids that were launched on the same day. They are all nice looking devices with a quality build. Tmo is taking a turn for the better.

Pros

• build quality
  • User Interface
  • internet speed
  • size

Cons

• video chat is said to be buggy