T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide User Reviews

Text input9.3/10
UI speed5.7/10
Camera8.7/10

hedilio
posted on 17 Nov 2013, 15:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)

eh

hedilio has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

It's an okay phone. It lasted me a long time, but then the screen kinda stopped changing to landscape mode when I slid the keyboard out. At the time, it was one of the fastest phones and I loved it. It definitely hasn't aged well though.

John
posted on 10 May 2011, 21:32

Not worth the money

John has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone since it came out. Its nothing special and does not get service anymore for no apparent reason. It cant handle too many apps or any physical abuse. The first time I dropped it was on carpet and the camera's protective lens cracked

Build quality 7/10 The slider mechanism will wear out over time
Reception 7/10 When the phone looses service it is very hard to find it again, I usually have to reboot.
Call quality 8/10 Excellent
Internet 6/10 The network isn't all that good
Multimedia 8/10 Speaker phone is kind of quiet
Camera 10/10 Very good quality
UI speed 9/10 After rooting and overclocking the phone was able to use Live Wallpapers with virtually no performance loss
Everyday usage 8/10 The keyboard definitely helps
Text input 10/10 Cant beat a physical keyboard
Display 8/10 Very clear
Battery 3/10 Horrible battery life. I turn off 3G Wifi and data while having the brightness all the way down and I barely make it through 24 hours even with the Juice Defender app

Vampire Cupcake
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 15:01

this is kule

Vampire Cupcake has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

sooooo this phone is my dream phone.... exept that it dies cuz im on it all the time.... internet kills it, and so does my books.... anything that connects to internet is a battery sucker.... perfict phone so far tho... noooo big probs could hav gone with alot of phones but this is red, (my fav color) and its good for texting (the whole being a teenager thats a must or my life would b crushed**tears**) yay awsome phone... will not be ad if you get it.... to my opinion

Pros

• awsomeness
  • great for remembering text and reading what youve wrote

Cons

• battery life.... needs 12 ours talk lol

ConnieL429
posted on 14 Sep 2010, 15:36

Solid and Entertaining

While other Android phones may boast 'faster' processors, this phone is fast and will out perform most others but what really makes it GO is not the hardware but all the software bells and whistles.  Because of everything it can do, it does take some time to get to know and tweak to the performance level you would like.  This is one phone that has not bored me because of everything it can do. I'd be hard pressed to find something better.

Pros

• Software features (G Butoon, swype, dragon dictation, Driving Mode, etc.)
  • Feel in the hand
  • Overall function

Cons

• Possibly not the best T-Mobile phone for holding a signal but decent
  • Often times text msgs give send error before it could have even tried but generally not to bad

MomInMotion
posted on 01 Sep 2010, 11:59

Left the Vibrant for MyTouch

The myTouch Slide is a SOLID performer.  It's running on a slower processer than the Vibrant, but it held onto the network signal MUCH MUCH better and I never had an embarrasing call on this phone.  The phone sports an edited version of the SENSE UI from HTC and I felt it was not so overbearing and greatly improved.  Using this device, I said "now this is what SENSE should look like".  I was impressed with Tmobile's modification.  I appreciated HTC's ability to craft a fine device with this phone.  I've used the HERO and EVO on Sprint.The myTouch screen visuals POP.  It's not an AMOLED display, but the intensity of the screen colors POP.The loaded songs were a nice added addition to the phone, but  I went along and added more.  I was having dinner with a buddy of mine and she got into my car with her near dead battery EVO and charged her phone for the 30 min drive to the outing.  While at the outing she attempted to make a phone call with her dead fly EVO and she couldn't.  I was pleased to offer her the myTouch slide so she could make her call, she was happy to use the myTouch for her call.I hung out with another buddy one day, he too who had an EVO.  For the entire dinner conversation, he kept checking his battery life, but I was content that the myTouch would hold me until the end of the evening.  The myTouch has a VERY nice keyboard, but I found myself using...

• Modified version of SENSE UI
  • SWYPE
  • nice Keyboard
  • Signal Strength

Cons

• Weight
  • Display could be a bit larger

Jennifer
posted on 29 Aug 2010, 06:21

This is possibly the worst phone ever

I have had an issue with the MMS- picture messaging since I recieved the phone.  I have been dealing with this through tmobile for a month now.  They stated that the update would fix the issue.  I have recieved 2 new phones with the update and the issue is still occuring.  Their ability to help their customers is non existant.  I have sprnt over 40 hours on the phone with them trying to resolve this issue.  If you are thinking of getting this phone......don't.  Wait until they fix these issues.

Pros

• love the android functions
  • The slide keyboard is helpful

Cons

• Heavy
  • MMS does not work
  • THe phone resets to "normal" sound settings on its own

MomnMotion
posted on 02 Aug 2010, 09:53

Goldilocks In AndroidLand

This phone is an absolute winner.  I had Sprint service and I had the EVO and tried every other Android on the Sprint network, but couldn’t find the right speed, with the right battery life, with the right glitch free experience, with the right size where I didn’t feel as if I would drop it.  I felt like Goldilocks, “This Android is WAY too big and the battery doesn’t last long at all.  This Android fits nice, has good battery life, but it’s WAY too slow oh and what ancient technology is the resolution on the screen.”  (At TMobile) “ This Android is just right!” The myTouch Slide 3G (HTC) has been a nice mesh of features, speed, call quality, signal strength, size and battery life.  Tmobile does have inconsistency transfer rates, but when it’s fast it’s FASTER than an 800Mhz Android on Sprint and when it slows up, just move the phone to a different location and keep transferring.   My TMobile signal strength was more stable for me than Sprint.  There are a few known areas where my Sprint service would drop a call consistently.  I drove through those areas on a call on TMobile and the call was sustained with no degradation in call quality.  I’m not ready to claim network superiority, but I am pleasantly surprised.     If Sprint had anything like the myTouch Slide on their network, I would have never ventured out to try other Androids.   Music player is AWESOME.  It has a keyboard and SWYPE...

Pros

• size
  • call quality
  • OS performance
  • download speeds (even with flunctuations)
  • SWYPE
  • screen resolution

Cons

• weight
  • no flash on camera

posted on 22 Jul 2010, 11:00

No major issues at all with MTSlide. Its fast and responsive. I've had the phone for over a month and its crashed on me once (don't know cause of that one either) so its very stable. Don't believe the hype over it just being 600mhz phone, you will not notice any major lags and if you do they are very tolerable. All in all I give it an A-.

This phone has a slide out Qwerty but I hardly use it. Before this phone I wouldn't even consider buying a phone without a keyboard but this phone is so fast, smooth and responsive you just don't need it.

The only minor issues I have is the "my mode" feature could be SO MUCH more useful. I hope they upgrade that and soon. I would love to be able to walk into work and my phone automatically goes into vibrate and my home page changes then have the reverse happen when I leave for home. Right now its kind of one trick pony but the potential for it is huge. Also the speaker could be a bit louder when playing music.

Pros

• +Fast
  • +Android 2.1 and will be upgraded to 2.2 in fall.
  • +Easily customizable

Cons

• -50% of memory already used up with preloaded stuff that your not allowed to erase without modding the phone. (Android 2.2 should solve that issue by storing directly to memory card)
  • -Speaker not very loud or good for music
  • -Retail price is a little high considering.

TRF-Inferno
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 23:37

Mid-range Smart Phone with Surprising Potential.

This is my fifth Android phone; previous phones I've had were the G1, MyTouch 3G, Nexus One and the X10i. I purchased this phone to replace the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i, expecting it to not perform as well as the Snapdragon-powered phone. To my surprise, this phone is very responsive and snappy compared to the Nexus One in nearly all situations. Many, including myself, thought that the Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset that the Slide uses would be its downfall, but it has proven to perform well in almost any situation. Thanks to the relatively low resolution screen and having the same graphics processor as the Snapdragon chipset, this phone's 3D gaming capability is on par with the Snapdragon and Cortex A8 powered phones; games like ExZeus and Wave Blazer runs very well on the Slide. Gaming aside, the phone's 600 MHz processor is more than up to the task; internet browsing is consistent and smooth, application switching and multitasking is fluid. The only issues I had with this phone is internal storage limitation (Possibly fixed with Android 2.2), and some creaking sounds from its plastic casing. Otherwise, this is an excellent phone that so far does everything I've asked of it, and I will keep it until my contract with T-Mobile expires by the end of this year.For those who wants a fast running smart phone but are worried about battery life, I seriously recommend at least trying this phone at a T-Mobile store. Certainly it doesn't have the fastest chipset or a high resolution screen,...

Pros

• Excellent physical QWERTY keyboard.
  • Battery life.
  • Snappy, responsive performance.
  • Accurate multitouch screen.
  • SWYPE virtual keyboard pre-installed.
  • Physical Home/Menu/Back/Genius buttons.
  • Flash Lite pre-installed.
  • Guaranteed Update to Android 2.2.
  • Loud speakerphone.

Cons

• Plastic casing creaks occasionally.
  • Limited internal storage for applications (~120 to 130 MB free out of the box, hopefully Android 2.2 alleviates this issue).
  • 800x480 resolution would have been nice, but not necessary.
  • Faves Gallery is more of a gimmick than usable.
  • Pre-installed T-Mobile bloatware cannot be removed by user unless rooted.

TakoLuffer
posted on 03 Jun 2010, 09:06

The Upgrade to the G1: If the G1 and the Hero had a baby

Hi this phone in all respects is a true upgrade to the g1 with its nice 4 row keyboard which gives as much tactical feedback as the hd2 in all respects great keyboard. This phone is smexy. The Expresso Htc sense drew me back a lil but after a while the ui made my blood rush. This phone is much faster then the dext/cliq the mytouch and the g1. The Genious button was genious :) lol. The screen is nice and big but not too big like the nexus my other phone b4 this (returned due to problems) and cuz i wear boys skinny jeans and phones tend to get suck lol. But all and all people will start rooting this phone making it as fast as any other high end phone.  This phone is reccommended. THe cuztomization on the ui is almost rediculous.

Pros

• -Android 2.1 :D
  • -Uber Customization
  • -Wheres the 2g button
  • -Expected Battery Life
  • -It truly deserves MY-touch
  • -fast
  • -perfect size my skinny jeans
  • -not to fat
  • -Nice and hefty
  • -all colors look amazing
  • -Smexy sense ui
  • -Keyboard
  • -camera

Cons

• -no lanyard strap lol
  • -to much tmobile bloatware
  • -want to be able to use or change theme to regular sense
  • -not yet able to root till then id say no cons