T-Mobile Tap User Reviews

UI speed2.8/10

snowgirl0710
posted on 20 Dec 2009, 22:18

The Tap!!!

I bought this phone about a month ago, really liked the size, appearance and weight of the phone.  However, since the third day I got it, I have had nothing but problems.  I do not have access to instant messaging, (three help desk tickets already, with no resolution in sight!!!)  The battery does not take a charge. I was sent a new battery last week, still doesn't work.  I now have a new phone en route.  What happened to the days when you had a problem with the phone, you could go to a t-mobile store, and as long as it was under warranty, it would be replaced??  They have them in stock, I guess t-mobile does not believe in customer satisfaction.  When I went in to the t-mobile store - to buy the phone, I was helped immediately, when I went in with a problem, I was pointed to a phone to contact CS, and left to fend for myself.  (I could have done that at home).  Aside from what I have already mentioned, my main problem with the phone is the automatic lock, (which I also asked for assistance with at the Springdale, OH store), I was referred to my owners manual.  When attempting to contact my voice mail, (home or office), as soon as the call is answered, the screen locks,  then you have to keep tapping the keyboard to enter your passwords. When you finally get the keyboard up, you accidently hit the wrong digit, and have to start over!!!  I have had many contracts with t-mobile,...

Pros

• sleak, lightweight

Cons

• automatic lock, known problem with instant messaging, was told they "thought" the kinks had been worked out...

chicosgirl
posted on 19 Dec 2009, 22:04

T- Mobile Tap

Feels good in my hand, I wouldn't have known that from the description & pictures online,Excellent Camera & Video / Memory card should be included as standard equipmentCalibration setting - allow for ease of finger tap & frequencyOnscreen keyboards - very small,tap & touch sensitivity*depending if you use your finger pads to  text, or your finger nail tip textStylus & screen protector should be included as standard equipment QWERTY keyboard efficient textingALPHA keyboard for fast contact search NUMERICAL phone dialer dial padTap & touch sensitivity - automatic lock prevents accidental pocket & hip callingLancet or strap for secure handling, or protective case (accidental drops)OVERALL -I like it & will pursue a stylus  & other accessories hopefully with a $10.00 min.

Pros

• Calibration setting - allow for ease of finger tap frequency
  • Automatic Screen lock feature - frees up errors accidental data,input i.e hip calls
  • (qwerty) onscreen keyboard for texting
  • alpha keypad for fast contact search
  • phone dialer dial pad

Cons

• Internet feature often times out
  • There is a streaming setting that is not explained
  • screen lock feature - unavailability of an option to set up a password (qwerty) onscreen keyboard is very small-makes texting & fast search for contacts difficult, i.e. errors

TONI BANKS
posted on 14 Dec 2009, 08:19

Great Phone!

I really love this phone!  At first it turned me off with the screen but when I started using a stylus it made it alot easier to use !  And having a memory card with my music let's me have a more personel ring tune!  This is more phone than I would have been able to afford !

Pros

• Nice features
  • Easy to use

Cons

• No password
  • Setting up voice mail

mancho
posted on 08 Dec 2009, 21:19

Is good but so lock password

I got this phone yesterday, and liked the shape, size, color, feel. The abilty to turn into a QWERTY keyboard is a plus but the con is just that the lock feature doesn't have a password which could be helpful. The passwords are to be able to access the phone at turn on, and/or access the SIM card.

Pros

• QWERTY like keyboard when turned sideways

Cons

• Passwordless lock screen

posted on 01 Dec 2009, 22:52

All in all, it's a GREAT phone! not a productive as some of the higher priced pda's. If you have a flip phone and are wanting to upgrade this is the way to go!. touchscreen is way better than the iphone. texting is way easier and faster. scrolling through pictures uploaded off the comuter can be really slow. music player is functional. camera is nice. looks great. the menu is very clear and easy to navigate.I dig it and I think i'll stick with it!

ELSJ
posted on 21 Nov 2009, 20:58

My New Tap

I just got the Tap today and i'm here to tell you that i am on a budget and its a great phone for the price i have had the iphone 3g on tmobile i have a Blackberry storm on tmobile and also i have had a few other bb on tmobile i love this phone i think its a great buy, its small and affordable and it is also it has a great feel to it... i rated it with the big boys of cell phones. my only thing is i wish they would put these new phone with the regular 3.5 earphone jacks on them so i wont have to buy an adapter listen people its a great phone i have had them all even the htc brands, i get a new phone every month and i think i will keep this one for a while remember its a phone not a PC so dont try to compare it to one.

Pros

• its small and it has style also it has a great feel its fast and its for the working but want some style class.

Cons

• i think it could have been more tougher but still i love it

mcdee
posted on 17 Nov 2009, 12:59

4 days w/ tap

Works quite well holds up to 8 gig on card. A great bang for buck. The browser works ok  and the data plan is a deal. Wish browser had better resolution but it works quite well that makes up for that. The pc connect software is terrible I just load my music onto a 8 gig card with one of those SD cards. The camera is good. the touch interface works great can text quite fast with it. The music player won't show album art has a equalizer and sounds pretty good with mini usb headphones. The gps worked alright in town.I am happy with purchase phone works quite well.

Ash
posted on 14 Nov 2009, 22:48

Tap into a cheaper alternative...

I have had my Tap for about 18 hours now......As a former CrackBerry user...I am a little lost without apps...but i have to say that this bad boy rocks for how cheap it is....not to mention - unlimited data is $15.00 less than the crackberryi still have access to all the same crap - just in a different fashion....

Pros

• fast - 3G
  • simple
  • easy
  • fun
  • small
  • GPS

Cons

• almost too small
  • no apps - yet
  • no phone driver available (yet) - must remove sdhc card to get stuff on & off right now
  • no flash on camera
  • no ssl - only tls (Clearwire users must fwd e-mail)
  • great Google integration (could use a little more)