T-Mobile Tap User Reviews

Text input3.6/10
UI speed2.8/10
Camera6.4/10

saint_satin_stain
posted on 09 Dec 2012, 15:36 (Posts: 10; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)

It's a phone that T-Mobile shouldn't have discontinued, but

saint_satin_stain has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

One of my previous phones was the Oystr, so this was a stepup from my previous three phones. I never dropped it, so dont know the result. It fits the hand comfortably so dropping is less a hazard. The call reception was good for my area, much better than the myTouch Q's. I bought it because my former carrier didn't have reception in my birthplace during visit. The sound, even on speaker phone, is clear on both ends, and the speaker phone doesn't have that hollow sound. The internet is not great, but now why I bought it. It's a little less than adequate, but you can make out with it. The music player and radio (FM tuner) are really good. I still carry the Tap for it's FM radio though it's not active with the carrier; the radio still works, you can automatically configure the local stations where you are at the moment. I wish my present phone, Blaze, had a FM tuner, not just streamers. I didn't buy for camera, but the pictures weren't the worst I've seen. Close.
The reaction time of the UI was not the fastest, but was usable speed. It's a good daily use phone, the calls clear, reception more than decent, the organizer useful, the radio good. The music player has good sound, but the controls are primitive, slow, and tortuous to use. Texting and email, yes, you can configure email accounts fairly easily. It does not have the ease of email use as my Blaze now. Blaze email clients, I have three, manages my 13 email accounts as well as my desktop, but I soon discovered only to use...

Pros

• Good call sound, even on speaker.
  • Good organizer, and alarms even when off.
  • Email decent, should simplify though.

Cons

• Doesn't need camera such low end.
  • Music player sluggish tortuous controls.
  • Internet bad, unnecessary.

Guest538
posted on 23 Oct 2011, 22:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)

Do Not Get This Phone

Guest538 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have this type of phone for almost two years waiting for my contact to run out and in this time period I have had to get about 4 or 5 phones. It does not take much to break this phone. It is very slow when you are trying to text. It turns off randomly and constantly freezes. Another bad thing is that you are unable to set password protection on indidvidual settings like your text messages or emails. The only good thing about this phone is that the speakers are loud and that it takes decent pictures and the battery life is pretty good.

Tina
posted on 08 Aug 2011, 20:37

Worse phone I have ever had!

Tina has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I bought this phone when it first came out and I am on the 4th phone looking at a 5th phone. This is the worse phone I have ever bought, and I believe it is one big lemon and everyone who ever bought it should get their money back. What a waste, and I can't believe they think I want yet another refurbished phone that yet again will not work. I will just move on to another phone and a different carrier all together, just sucks after 10 years. Oh well, good luck to anyone who has this phone, nothing but a BAD investment.

Pros

• It's a phone

Cons

• Horrible memory problems, loses everything.
  • Freezes
  • Loses call and signal easily

TAP_USER
posted on 17 Jun 2011, 22:00

Its descent

TAP_USER has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this phone is not bad and for a non smart phone, it has alot, ALOT of features but the things that suck is the slowness of the reaction of the phone when you press on things.
If your are looking for a non smart phone that is like a smart phone, then this is for you, if your are looking for a smart phone, then get out of here. Also the reception is alright!

Pros

• touchscreen
  • call quality
  • multimedia

Cons

• slow
  • reception
  • security

Tiffany(:
posted on 22 Nov 2010, 00:08

This Phone Sucks!

Tiffany(: has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about six months and im on my second one already. The screen will always freeze. I has a good camera, good sound quaitly. But the phone itself, SUCKS. Its really not what i expected from this phone. Save yourself the dissappointment and DON'T GET THIS PHONE!

Build quality 6/10 Dropped it alot but still usable
Camera 9/10 Great Camera

Pros

• Camera is Great

Cons

• Screen Freeze

Teresa
posted on 14 Sep 2010, 08:09

Piece of crap phone

Don't buy it! It locks up ALL THE TIME!! Half the time, I can press a button and nothing happens. This is for the buttons on the bottom, and the buttons on the screen. When it doesn't want to work right, it just cuts off. I hate this phone. When I receive a picture text, I have trouble getting the picuture. It has no privacy on it. When I am talking, the screen lock goes off alot when the phone touches my face. This phone was not well designed.

posted on 24 Aug 2010, 07:24

The T-Mobile Tap - A Real Review

I have had the Tap for some time now. Honestly, the phone is enjoyable, but there are some negative factors to it. It is easy to text, but if you text fast, it happens to have to "catch up". One thing I'm dissapointed in is there is no password settings for indivisual applications. For example, if you were to to try to go into my inbox, I would like to have to put in a password then proceed. It would allow better privacy protection. The biggest thing I'm having a problem with is my viewing a picture. Sometimes I get lucky and it will allow me to view my pictures and other times an hour glass just shows. Also, sending and recieving pictures through text SUCKS on this phone. I hardly ever am able to actually view what my friends are trying to send me. Besides that, the speakers are loud, which is good. The phone allows you to take your downloaded songs and make them your ring tone, (full songs not just the ring tones).  In my opinion, I think the manual needs to explain more. A LOT more. There's a lot on that phone that you might find yourself puzzled trying to figure out, but unless you talk to your cell phone provider.

Pros

• speakers

Cons

• slow
  • security settings

thiss guyyy
posted on 15 Aug 2010, 13:51

I like it.......but

alright so i bought the phone ansd i loved it. it has good features and is pretty responsive for a touchscreen phone of this price. But if u do buy it get ensurance its very delicate. i dropped it once and it broke now im stuck with my old phone (gravity :( ). overall its a decent phone and u should get it.

Brad
posted on 02 Jun 2010, 22:49

Piece of CRAP is the T-Mobile TAP

I'm on my 3rd or 4th one!  They keep LOCKING UP, the touch screen feature goes away, and since there is no on-board keyboard, I thus I lose the ability to navigate, delete pick, videos, dial numbers, free up memory!  The engineers who designed this did not think ahead!  I can't type in a reset password if the touch screen is no longer working.
AVOID the tap!  It will give out on you and leave you in a bind.  I'm REALLY getting tired of trying to harvest my phone numbers from my crippled T-Mobile "CRAP" and then pulling out my old dinosaur phone and using it until T-Mobile sends me ANOTHER replacement with a short shelf life.  DON'T BUY IT!

Pros

Cons

• LOCKS UP, you lose tap screen capability. You're dead in the water.
  • DON"T BUY IT!

ally hally
posted on 27 May 2010, 18:50

Tap Phone

Okay I got that phonee too but like I love It and All but now ah dayss it keeps
loosing signal so ihave to shut it off so it can get all of the signal backk !
why is this ? ! but other whise this is the best phone specially for teeangers

Pros

• lets you hear music
  • you can take images
  • you can record
  • recieve picture messages
  • game applications
  • browsing internet
  • checking the weather
  • usb connection allowed
  • holds many messages
  • you can recieve images
  • texting is sorta easy
  • you can edit pictures

Cons

• performance may be low
  • might loose signal fast
  • texting can be hard at times
  • you cannot lock messages only phone when turning on

Kirk Peel
posted on 14 May 2010, 16:50

T-Mobile Blue tap Phone

I enjoy this phone for the price. The instruction manual could be improved. As someone mentioned the keyboard lock is a pain. My bluetooth heatset worked great. The volume on this phone is outstanding. The phone memory is great. The camera works ok as long as it is held steady. T-mobile overseas phone service for various items, activation, customer billing service and any other overseas operater assistanted calls suck.

Pros

• Great for price.
  • Outstanding Volume.
  • Has many fuctions.
  • Takes micro memory card.
  • Nice size.

Cons

• Screen lock hard to use.
  • Manual needs to cover more items and explain features better.
  • Needs Case.
  • FM requires headphones with cord for attenna.

Supercell
posted on 17 Apr 2010, 22:55

T-mobile Tap

Listen people this phone is made to be a low cost touch screen phone. Lets face it, its not an android or windows phone. The touch screen works pretty well and i love mine. and for you people who are whining about the screen well there is some thing called a brightness adjuster. I use this phone for texting playing games and listening to music. Lastly most people dont use there phone only for the sole purpose of internet and the email client is enjoyable buy this phone if your a kid and want a touch screen messaging and mp3 phone.

Pros

• Good texting
  • Mp3 player
  • games
  • soft touch material

Cons

• transitions sometimes slow
  • OS only adaquate

Susan
posted on 05 Apr 2010, 11:40

NewUser

To the user who likes the phone and realizes it is NOT meant to be a top end 3G phone - I have a question, but first my review.I have had the phone for 3 days.  The ringer volume could be louder, but it'll do.  The tap feature is OK, but I'll take it for the price.The one complaint I have is that the manual does not tell you how to set up user groups for contacts.  I tried doing this and only one contact came up as an option as allowing me to add to the group.  WHY?  There is nothing mentioned in the manual about this.I really like the music player amplifiier setting.  Great.I'll give this phone a 6 out of 10.

Nicholas Tedford
posted on 25 Mar 2010, 23:43

To the people who say this phone sucks

Listen up all you negitive people!!! The T-mobile TAP is a basic phone, it just has a touch screen instead of a key pad. Seriously i think this phone works very well for the price and for what it offers. This is not a high tech smartphone so realize it and just enjoy what you have! I love that i can get to my music in 2 touches and view my pictures also in two touches of the screen. The widgit bar is awesome the speaker is great and the reception on this phone is better then on my blackberry curve 8900 so honoslly understand what you are buying instead of expecting better then the best. If you are looking for a phone that can play music and take basic quick pictures and has great sound and reception quility and doesn't have that extra nonsense of all these "smart" phones then this phone is an A+ for you. This is a basic phone witha touch screen thats it...and thats all it needs. Perfect! :P

Pros

• The best basic phone on the market when it comes to touch screens. I said basic phones not "smart" phones. Great sound and reception

Cons

• I wish it had a better camera, but its a phone so if i want a camera i'll get a camera! its a good phone people!!!!

posted on 08 Mar 2010, 13:44

2.3

PHONE'S A BIG JOKE!

I got this phone when it 1st came out. wanted 2 try out touch screen. I've should've went with samsung behold! EVERYTHING SLOW ON THIS TAP! response time is ridiculous. worst part of it was texting! nice part, u can hooked up 2 any computers with usb drive 4 texting & pc asst. moving files or pics from ur phone 2 computer hard drive. I'm pretty sure, u can do same with samsung behold, also! Now? I'm stuck with this dumbass phone til, I can afford samsung behold. EVERY 1 IF, U CAN AVOID GETTING THIS TAP? DO IT! NOT WORTH ENERGY OF GETTING IT.

Pros

• if, u like 2 try touch screen? try samsung behold, iphone.

Cons

• THIS PHONE'S A BIGGEST JOKE!

Haydentwhite
posted on 14 Feb 2010, 11:13

PHONE SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this P.O.S. for about a week, it is very slow, the touch screen sucks and this phone has the worst txt reaction time for those of you who enjoy txting fast. The phone might have done better if it had a built in stylus, i had to use a pen on the rediculously designed keyboard, the internet was sluggish and the battery life was horrible, the only good things about this phone was the Nimbuzz app and the loudness of the speaker. Overall, I would not wish this phone upon anybody. save your money and buy something alot better like the Samsung gravity 2 or the Sony Ericsson Equinox.

Pros

• Loud speaker and Nimbuzz

Cons

• Horrible screen quality and touch screen reaction and also the fact that this is Huaweis first GSM phone. Huawei is the manufacturer.

Alfred
posted on 11 Feb 2010, 15:28

tap sucks

I picked up this phone and was sick of it after 3 weeks.  The touch screen has a slow reaction time, the apps load slow when selected from the menu, and the call directory functions are incredibly hard to select.  Overall, a crappy phone.  Pony up and spend some cash.  Free phones are sometimes worth it, but in this case this one is not.

Bendladybug
posted on 04 Feb 2010, 12:54

This is a killer phone...don't listen to the haters!

This is a great phone...perfect size and I was the type of person who used the old clam shell phones and thought that was all that I could ever evolve to.  Boy was I wrong!!!The Tap is sweet.  The screens are easy to toggle in between.  The sound quality is great.  The size/weight is perfect for me.  Plus I can download music and the Tap has a slot on the back for me to install more memory.  Good camera (I probably won't use the camera much but who knows).  I like that my screen locks itself.  The call sound quality is great and easy to text and dial.  The phone configures the owner's "tap" style or how one would touch the screen.  So, this phone knows exactly how I apply pressure and on what part of my thumb to ensure accurate typing on the screen.I really love my new phone and I have always loved the customer service at TMobile so I am set!  The phone I didn't like was the Gravity...but that's me...I don't text with two hands.  This is perfect for someone transitioning from the simple clam shell phone (T9 for text) into a savvy and simple sleek device.Kudos!

Pros

• Easy touch screen and texting.

Cons

• Some may want a larger phone...I like that it is compact.

amir
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 15:18

IT's not a Iphone nor Blackberry

I got this phone for christmas and i was so pumped up, but i have to say i it didnt meet my expectations like i wanted it to. It takes a long time to load myspace and etc. Also it doesnt have pinch zoom so you have to use the zoom icons. I cant seem to upload my music.Furthermore it doent have wifi and it would of helped for that slow web.

Pros

• good looking
  • good weight
  • 3g

Cons

• slow web browsing
  • no wifi
  • no pinch zoom
  • only a 2.8 inch screen
  • hard time uploading music
  • old flash player

Ed Hooker, III
posted on 12 Jan 2010, 11:40

Huge Disappointment

I purchased a new Tap shortly before Christmas from a T-Mobile "indepent retailer".  That was my first mistake.  Note to T-Mobile customers - deal with T-Mobile DIRECTLY - the independent retailer could care less how long you've been a customer, and most of them don't follow the same rules as T-Mobile - there's no service after the sale.  Not really sure why they exist.  But enough about that - we're here to review this terrible little phone.  Signal strength is very poor - i would hold up my blackberry to the tap to compare signal strength, and more times than not the blackberry had a signal and the tap didn't.  The sound quality was horrible.  If you turned it up loud enough to actually hear, the sound was garbled. I couldn't get it connect to any of my bluetooth devices.  It took FOREVER to connect to websites, on the few times that I could get it to connect.  then when it did, the websites were a jumble and hard to navigate.  Battery life was abismal.  The phone went dead several times without any audible warning that the battery was low.  Typing on the keyboard was difficult, and often text messages would send themselves before I completed them because of the placement of the function keys.  It was an overall BAD EXPERIENCE, one that has me questioning whether I intend to keep my 5 lines with T-Mobile.

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• Poor signal strength, poor connectivity, poor sound quality, poor battery life.

Djcucumberslice
posted on 31 Dec 2009, 02:22

What to think

This phone is great because its easy to handle and easy to use. Although this is true the phone also could benefit in some aspects. These are the speed of the internet as well as the connection. T-mobile could also have better customer services people.

maryl
posted on 30 Dec 2009, 11:21

i loe this phone the t-mobile tap its great

I love the cell phone its easy to use, great size, brilliant colors, its has alot of aplications and stuff, Its great I love it. This cell phone it look an elegant phone. The internet its great and the pictures are magnificant!!!! I love it
T-Mobile Tap Berry its the best

Meghan5631
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 20:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Dec 2009)

Its A Great Phone!

I just got the tmobile tap-berry not too long ago and it is great. It does everything that I need it to do...I love it. I love the touchscreen and the phone is cute. However, there is a slight problem with syncing music to the phone. Other than that,it is great and I am very satisfied. It works perfectly and it doesnt freeze up and it is great for texting. I like how its a full touchscreen phone and I am glad I own a tmobile tap.Gotta  Luv It !!!

dedrick
posted on 24 Dec 2009, 17:52

it sucks

this phone is terrible and dumb.the internet is slow and it freeze a lot.so if you get this phone take it back because you wont like it.it is hard to text,you have to push the button with all of your might just to push the button.so dont get it. it sucks.

Pros

• it is light ,and fits well in hand

Cons

• it is weak,internet be freezing taking a long time to load,hard to text,not sensitive and it just suck

rikjr231
posted on 21 Dec 2009, 18:46

good phone

I bought myself and my husband this phone and we are pretty pleased. He had a blackberry and I had a moto Zine. Besides the camera degrade, I like the phone. My zine wa my baby and of course wasn't touch screen so navagating the phone with this whole touch thing is a hassle itself. What I don't like about the phone us the uploading of my music off my computer. It has never taken me this long to put mysic on my phone before. The screen is big enough for me to see everything, I have an excellent data plan and even though the phone is a 2gig, It still takes good pictures. I love my phone....i just have to figure out how I can put my music on it and I will be in business. For the amount it costs, I like my phone.

Pros

• light weight, easy to handle, good camera, nice applications, easy access to the internet

Cons

• music wont upload