T-Mobile Sidekick LX User Reviews

xxch3yxx
posted on 13 May 2013, 19:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 May 2013)

Creative Phone

xxch3yxx has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Besides the unfortunate bulky build, I must say, this was a very creatively built phone. It was unique to see a flip to access keyboard as well as a color changing track ball. My sidekick defiantly got the attention of many and got many compliments for its unique build and functionality. The camera isn't crazy amazing but it was allot better than most non smart phone cameras. The phone itself was fast and snappy and it got the job done. The keys were a tad stiff on the keyboard but it was bearable. The battery life lasted an acceptable amount of time. The overall display showed nice vivid colors as well as a large screen although it appeared to be too pixelated.

Internet 8/10 had no internet on mine

Pros

• Flip to access keyboard
  • Track ball
  • Customizable cases
  • Creative build

Cons

• Bulky
  • Keys feel stiff
  • Takes a while to get to test messages
  • Buttons can get confusing

lacrymosa
posted on 26 Mar 2010, 00:44 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Mar 2010)

worse than the last

sidekicks are only good for the first few months they are used. they're made that way. the life expectancy for the charging port on every sidekick is about one year, and it just so happens that a new one with the same features and different design comes out every year and tmobile even sends out an email to all their tmail account (only sidekicks are able to use an @tmail other phones use @tmomail) stating a new sidekick and its time to upgrade. Finally to force all users to upgrade all work on the previous model is ceased and for those who dont upgrade they jack up the prices in the catalog.ex since the 09 came out 08 and lx owners have to pay $10 to record video for 50 sercondsalso for the 09 myspace is free but on the older models its and extra $5 a month.it even took them 4 sidekicks to finally make picture messagging an optionsidekick are marketed towards teens because they know we'll pay whatever they charge us to buy the newest model version. that way we stay locked in our contracts and theyll make money remaking the same phone over and over

Pros

• best aim
  • swivel screen
  • make your own ringtones (finally)
  • youtube
  • free myspace app (about time lol)

Cons

• buttons come off if you type on it for to long
  • overpriced catalog
  • no customization
  • update broke camera
  • gets boring
  • LAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on 16 Jan 2010, 21:53

I wanted this phone when it came out and after a couple of months i switched to a blackberry. I would not recomend someone to buying this phone. When you drop the phone it always opens very fragile. I was expecting much better from t mobile but i guess they disapointed. The blackberry bold 9700 is real nice so at least i have that instead of the piece of garbage the sidekick is but the desighn is nice.

Pros

• It as bobs adventure
  • Good Screen

Cons

• Lags
  • Deleted all my contacts once
  • Sometimes does not recognize my favs
  • bad battery life
  • i thought the camera would be better
  • speaker is not that loud
  • Does not really stream any type of videos including youtube

ajh1214
posted on 08 Aug 2009, 21:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Aug 2009)

Problems with the Sidekick LX

I got this phone for my graduation. I had just upgraded recently so my parents paid sticker price for this phone. I've had it for 2 months and I've noticed a lot of glitches and problems with the phone. The first thing being that this phone does like to crash. It's crashed 4 times since I've had it. I could be in the middle of instant messaging or surfing the web and the screen turns black with a big red x on it and some small green writing and then shuts down and turns on again. I lose all my texts messages and all the sound settings for individual applications are reset to default as well as home page for browser and other various settings. Also when I'm using the camera it tends to freeze and the flash will be disable and when i try to turn it on it will say "flash disabled due to low battery or high ambient temperature". Needless to say I had a full battery and the phone wasn't even warm. Also I notice the phone tends to crash more when the camera is in use. I also get the error low memory when using the camera and I have a 2 gig card with barely anything on it. The phone tends to lag a lot when starting up and when in use. I could be typing and it lags a little behind if I go to fast, but the phone is intended for fast texting so it should be made to handle fast typing. It also freezes when connecting to a webpage. Another thing is sometimes after a phone call my 3G will kick out and I'll get the dot dance (that's when you're waiting to be reconnected to data with...

Pros

• A great phone for texting, instant messaging, email, websurfing and making calls

Cons

• The ridiculous amount of glitches, freezing, lagging when typing, lack of flash support for webpages and poor java script support. Poor construction of the back covers meaning they aren't securely fastened. Also the screen isn't flush with the body like all the sidekicks in the past.

daye east
posted on 19 Jun 2009, 13:32

ok...

This is a cool phone, I was exicted when I heard that the phone will have you tube streaming cababilities. however the phone can only stream youtube. Not ustream, mtv, vh1 or any other streaming site. very upsetting for a  449.99 phone. I purchased the phone when it was first released and the system creahed. unable to play some games at times, I get memory low error. Also the back cover will not stay on so the battery constantly galls out.  upset that 3g network is not in my area.  I do like the fell of the keyboard and the extra large screen. I love the features and the games that are offered for this device.

Pros

• phone design, web browser, games

Cons

• only plays streams from you tube, low memory error, slow loading camera, does not take good pics.

posted on 21 May 2009, 11:11

Just Another Sidekick...

The hardware design of the phone is great. It isn't as bulky as the previous models, but still have a solid feel when you hold it. Nice crisp screen & the usual service quality I expect from TMobile. Luckily its not a touch-screen. I feel like the touch-screen phones get a little messy. Keyboard feels great to type on. Camera quality is decent, 3.2MP with Auto-Focus [my previous phone was a Sprint Touch Pro with the same 3.2MP with auto-focus & for some reason the Touch Pro pics came out ALOT better].
I left tmobile when I had the Sidekick LX 2008 because they didnt offer GPS & I had just moved so that was a bit important for me. Came back now, but not as impressed as I thought I would be. I understand the phone was just released so it will have glitches, but it still makes me almost want to return it. Ive had mine for a week now, and twice it has said 'memory low' when starting some apps. I was in the middle of a text message last week when the screen flashed green & then black & then restart. After the restart, all my texts, contacts, pictures, email, etc were gone. The phone had factory reset itself somehow. [Luckily my contacts were restored via the wireless sync] Dont have any picture messaging [called tmobile & they cant fix it yet, but did give me a bonus 150 minutes for the inconvenience]. Purchased a few apps that dont work [IE: message sentinal which I had on my 2008 LX]. My last complaint is that for some reason MyFaves isnt recognizing the numbers...

Pros

• Lightweight, But Sturdy Feel
  • Comfortable QWERTY Keyboard
  • Standard Headphone Jack
  • Easily Set-Up Ringtones

Cons

• Picture Messaging Glitch [Can Send, But Not Receive]
  • Downloaded App Glitches [Purchased, But Wont Launch]
  • Camera [Was Expecting Better Quality]
  • MyFaves [Won't Recognize Contacts From Address Book]

posted on 19 May 2009, 17:27

mobile backup is on the blitz
apps are here and there..
3g is iffy.. decent camera.
pretty good..
nothin updates won't correct.

GSM Fan
posted on 13 May 2009, 17:53

I didn't enjoy as i was expecting

I was the 1st person to get it in store, after i got it i was so happy. Phone's having problem connecting to internet and none of the applications working such as facebook, IM, Mysapce etc. i am very disappointed.

Pros

• none so far

Cons

• speaker is not as loud
  • Internet connectivity problem
  • None of the applications working
  • too many to list so far.
  • i will play with it for one more day and will keep u updated.