T-Mobile Sidekick 4G User Reviews

Text input9.2/10
Everyday usage7.4/10
UI speed5.8/10

rawr_rowan
posted on 31 Jan 2013, 10:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)

Samsung's Dimise

rawr_rowan has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Well this is a good phone for what it is. It is by no means the golden child of Samsung. And I am surprised, because Samsung usually pops out some great phones. Usually if it's not Samsung or LG I wont buy it.

But I guess everyone is entitled to a few fails. This one though it can be inconvenient when it fails. "HEY! LET ME SHOW YOU SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK!" *phone freezes* It does the same thing when I go to my photo gallery.

But in the end the phone works for what is needed- calls, and sometimes text. I say "sometimes text" because when the phone decides to act up I could be writing out a text and it deletes the text and goes back to the message inbox which is highly annoying.

If I am ever to get another SideKick, it will have to have GOOOOOOOOD reviews, the fact that it was a Samsung, I just decided to not take a second look at it, and buy it. That was a mistake...

Build quality 6/10 Breaks a bit easily- screen wise
Reception 10/10 GREAT Reception- Depending on the area. But hey it's TMobile, would you expect anything else?
Call quality 8/10 Again depending on the area. But more often than not it was a straight 9-10
Internet 8/10 Depending on which plan you have
Multimedia 4/10 Multimedia? Like Slacker Radio? Internet, and the music player? (not sure whey they mean by multimedia) Those are ok
Camera 8/10 It takes some figuring out
UI speed 1/10 Dont Know what UI Speed is
Everyday usage 9/10 For the every day joe schmoe or plain jane this phone is great
Text input 10/10 LOVE the QWERTY keyboard
Display 9/10 Brilliant display
Battery 7/10 Sometimes the battery does not last

Pros

• sexy new design
  • great display, user friendly on most aspects, nice QWERTY keyboard
  • user friendly on most aspects
  • nice QWERTY keyboard

Cons

• Screen is breakable
  • Freezes
  • Runs hot on occasion
  • Can be a bit of a nuisance at times

ashlowe21
posted on 30 Nov 2012, 18:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)

STAY AWAY BAD PHONE!!

ashlowe21 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

looks like a very good phone but when you start to use it then it doesnt work very well at ALL!
I am a very heavy texter, im a teenager. I dont recommend this phone to anyone! I have replaced the battery, the phone, and downloaded apps to help NOTHING WORKS. it doesnt even last through school and i dont text a lot at school. I turn it off and i send one text and its pratically dead when i turn it back on and after i text a couple times. As for the pros though the camera is amazing but i hate that there is no zoom and flash. the front camera is really good. the music player is good too, but if your a heavy texter like me, dont buy this phone!

• call quality

Cons

• BATTERY
  • no flash or zoom

skippyd3
posted on 16 Oct 2012, 15:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)

Suckkick 4G

skippyd3 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I am on my 5 phone due to bugs in the system. My phone will turn itself off and do a partial restart, which just messes everything up. It will osolate like talking into a fan. when I have had to get support for it, they had to find someone who knew anything about them. I got one because my mom has one. She has had nothing but trouble with hers as well. Stay away from this phone. I would rather go back to a "dumb" phone than forced to use this phone.

Reception 8/10 I travel all over Texas and it looses reception and has a problem reestablishing a connection. also, if I lose my data link, can"t make a call, even if I have signal bars.
Multimedia 7/10 plays videos fine, but takes so long when starting up to scan media. you can"t do anything until it is done scanning.
Camera 7/10 pics are ok, but no flash.
Display 6/10 it changes when it wants to dim the screen, even after i have set the screen to bright. If your fingers are moist or soft, the display will not respond
Battery 6/10 it lasts 1 day if I use the bluetooth, which is required for my job.

Pros

Cons

• The overal phone

RowanRavensong
posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)

Great Fun Phone

RowanRavensong has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Ever since I used my friends SideKick LX I have wanted one for myself. Well TMobile no longer does the 3G phones like that. But let me say. The SideKick 4G is a GREAT phone for the young cellphone user. Just a note for parents of YOUNGER users, uhm protect the APP Market because sometimes I personally will download an APP and not realized that it costs. Although there are free apps yes. (BUT this is with any Android phone).

The phone is fun to use. It is MUCH better than any I have had. So Yeah would I reccomend this phone to TMobile users? Yes I would. If you are willing to dig a bit deeper UNLESS you are on a contract (But I didnt go for one. I wont even discuss what I payed for start up.)

Camera 9/10 I have had the camera freeze on me TWICE, but that does not stop my love for this phone.
UI speed 10/10 It was faster than I thought it was. But that is all about the speed provided by TMobile... 4G
Everyday usage 10/10 It is SOMEWHAT hard to get the handle of, but once you get it, it is SO easy.
Text input 10/10 QWERTY Keyboard, soft keys, AND SWIPE! Not to mention you can set up Voice recognition text input? What is NOT to love?
Display 10/10 Amazing display.
Battery 8/10 The battery does not last as long as I want. But still I use the GPS a lot. If you plan on using the GPS, get a car charger. BUT here is an AWESOME feature. You can plug in the GPS to an AUX in your stereo. You got turn by turn coming through your speakers

Pros

• Durable (might scratch but wont destroy the insides)
  • Easy to use once you get it
  • Fun Multimedia phone
  • GREAT 3 MPX camera
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • SWIPE text input
  • MP3 Player (you can use it in your car too VIA AUX port in stereo if you have it)
  • So many fun apps available
  • customizable
  • Frontal View Camera For Those "FaceBook Photos"

Cons

• Touch screen gets dirty (Just use a smear proof screen protector)
  • Camera is GREAT but has no flash

chasity Martinez
posted on 13 Jun 2011, 09:41

OMG GETTING THE SIDEKICK TODAY!!

chasity Martinez has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Okay so, ive been waiting for this phone for 1weeks not knowing its was coming in. But then i upsed it, and yup my mom ordered it. So here i am sitting in front of the window waiting for it to come! i hope i enjoy it. OMG this is my first 2.2 android phone. i had the mytouch before. But i cant wait! i hope it comes soon!!!=D

Pros

• 2.2 android

Cons

• bulky