x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sony Xperia tipo Discussions
  • Options
    Close

xperia tipo or htc explorer.

rb4665 07 Nov 2012, 03:06 posted on

i want to buy a mobile please suggest xperia tipo or htc explorer

posted on 07 Nov 2012, 06:13

1. VADroidTS555 (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

Xperia Tipo highly recommended.

Biggest thing: Tipo has ICS and Explorer comes with GB.

Explorer was released a year ago, while Tipo is released in August, 2012.
Tipo has the biggest advantage of Phone and Internal memory (715 MB and 2.15 GB).
Tipo records video @ 480 p and 30 fps, with Stereo sound and audio @ 48 kHz.

Tipo has 800 MHz Cortex A5 and explorer has 600 MHz.

Tipo has 1500 MAh battery whereas Explorer has 1230 MAh.

I strongly suggest you to get Tipo. I'm using it since a month and its very smooth.
Explorer lags while playing games. My friends have Explorer, so I know it well.

posted on 07 Nov 2012, 06:15

2. VADroidTS555 (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

Oh, I forgot to mention about 2 microphones and LED Indicator(Red, orange, blue, green, pink).

posted on 08 Nov 2012, 10:55

3. Bikash (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)

Go for explorer. tipo has got lots of touch problems. I bought mine on 21st sept and gave it to the service center on 8th oct and due to sony's extremely poor and slow service the repair status is still pending and a month has already passed and when I call customer care they don't even know why is it pending and when I might get my phone back. So I assume it might take 2-3 more months. Explorer is released a year earlier and it has been tested and used my many, and it is trusted by all for its excellent usability. Just go for Explorer and stay safe from this mental agony that I m having because of this stupid company called SONY!
jst google about the touch problems of tipo and poor service of sony, U will get to know it all. this company is not worthy of your hard earned money!

posted on 09 Nov 2012, 02:43 1

4. VADroidTS555 (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

Touch problems are mainly faced on the models launched earlier in Sept. I bought Tipo on Sept 31, and till now I haven't face touch issues.

What actually you mean by touch issue? The whole touch-screen is faulty or just when you tap or launch an app?

On mine it happens during heavy loads, like when music track changes, games like Temple run lag a little, but that's for 0.5-1 second, thereafter both the things go smooth.

I'm using Android for 2 years, so I know very well.

posted on 09 Nov 2012, 02:44 1

5. VADroidTS555 (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

Explorer isn't a great choice against Tipo. Explorer has very little memory and Gingerbread ! :(

posted on 09 Nov 2012, 15:58

6. Bikash (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)

yeah, Explorer is low on memory, 90mb internal is nothing for android. And maybe U r right about tipo, maybe the new sets are not having such problems. I guess I m the unlucky one..... But I must say, sony provides really poor service. U should read about sony on customerservicescoreboard.com, seems like everyone is suffering due to sony's poor service..........

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories