x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sony Ericsson Xperia ray Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Xperia Ray's Problems

Qartal 02 Sep 2011, 09:26 posted on 3 2

i think this phone have this problems:
1. it hasn't video call
2. screen size is to small (but it has good ppi)
3. it hasn't flash for taking picture.
4. it hasn't hdmi port.
5. it's internal memory is too low (300mb. in fact for android, it most has 1GB or more)
6. it hasn't dual-core CPU. (i think this is making so problems in future)
7. it hasn't FulHD video recording.
8. it's battery life is too low.

isn't?

posted on 08 Sep 2011, 05:05

1. Kiste (unregistered)

1. The RAY does have a front camera and supports video chat

2. Small screen means compact size, which is a plus for many people. There are plenty of huge phones out there but not so many compact ones with decent resolution.

3. It has a LED light, which is what most smartphones have, especially in that price class

4. Most people don't need it and if you absolutely do need a HDMI port, you can still use a dock

5. SonyEricsson does not list total internal memory, they list available memory. All current SE devices actually do come with 1GB, of which 300mb is available to the user - the rest is taken by the UI, the pre-installed apps and so on.

6. The RAY is a mid-range product that sells for less than 300 Euro. There are no dual-core devices in this price range, as far as I know.

7. 720p is plenty for most people.

8. Battery life seems to be in line with comparable devices.

posted on 13 Jan 2012, 02:37 2

9. Viswatj (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

Haha, This Xperia ray has very good display issues. Dony worry you will find some pixel damage with in a period of time. Its cheep quality that sony ericssion provide and cheepest service you will ever find. Buy Nokia or LG or Samsung. Best Service you will find in
1) NOKIA
2) L.G
3)SAMSUNG
1000000)China lose Phones/ Services (Sony Ericsson)

posted on 14 Sep 2011, 07:06

2. Rasmus (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)

Xperia ray a great phone but it have two major problems:
Minijack does not work with other headsets than Sony Ericsson own - And the standart headset is very bad..
Sync. with Outlook calender must be done via Gmail, why?? And it is working very poorly or not at all..

Anybody who can help me with this problems?, or should I just buy the iPhone?

posted on 27 Sep 2011, 06:32

3. tmt (unregistered)

hay man if you want all this futures buy phone which price is 600 and above

posted on 11 Oct 2011, 00:52

4. lala (unregistered)

my gallery is not showing up. when i try to view the pictures all i see is a blank screen. same goes when i go to gallery. all my folders are not there.

posted on 21 Dec 2011, 14:05

5. gundamexia450 (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)

ummmm, I wonder to know does this phone lag alot??? cuz I got a sony ericsson smartphone and it lag od. tat is why I want to switch phone

posted on 26 Dec 2011, 11:07

6. arvolario (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)

It has no HDMI port. so what should be the best solution if you want a video output in a tv.
Does the SE LiveDock support hdmi output?

posted on 13 Jan 2012, 02:20 2

7. Viswatj (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

Yes, Sony Ericsson is GOOD Bich. I have experiended its worst quality and sevices it offer so called warrenty. The biggest f**ker,ass holes are sony ericsson. Now take a deep look at right or left to corner on screen. You wil find some pixels are dead(It means they dont change color remains black, simiply black dots). That means bravia engine or some s**t isn't working or LCD is screwd. I have given phone to repair with in 7days of my Xperia RAY purchase(25 november 2011). They repaired and gave back the mobile on 24December2011(They say its will take not more than 10days well it take 1 month). Now here is the fun We will have an battry indicator on home button. it should glow(Green,Yellow,Red and White) after repair it glows(Sky Blue,light green) if you ask servce guy he will say colors change due to display change(LCD change). When you get a call or you make a call, you can hear other persons voice but you cant talk(Your voice will not reach to destination person). When i go to service center they say that motherbord has to be changed(That means they have changed my display but screwd my phone mother bord creating new problem) Till date i have not recived my mobile phone(13 January 2012).

posted on 13 Jan 2012, 02:43

10. Trivind (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

Same issue with me

posted on 12 Feb 2012, 11:29

13. motoxperia (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)

You're just unlucky to get a failure product. You can't blame SE as it happens anytime with any other brand as well.
The way your service center handles your problem might be very unpleasing but it is simply the problem of SE distributor in your country. In my country, we have 3 different SE distributors and only one that provides the best and fastest service, the other two are sh*t enough to keep customers waiting and charged us with higher prices for repairs.

So it depends. Go check if there is another distributor that gives better services than the current one.

posted on 13 Jan 2012, 02:26 2

8. Viswatj (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

Workorder number on 25 November 2011:- SE31162413115
-----------------------------------------------------
Workorder number on 26 December 2011:- SE31162413443
-----------------------------------------------------
I have not yet recived any call from sony ericssion or my mobile till now(13 January 2012)

posted on 13 Jan 2012, 20:21

11. gundamexia450 (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)

is the phone tat terrible???? now im f**kin scared about gettin the phone

posted on 30 Jan 2012, 13:30

12. Trivind (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)

If you dont belive see my experience with Xperia(Sony Ericssion). Phone is also delicate compared to other brands. Like Nokia,Samsung,LG. They give a gorrila glass. I have personally experianced samsung wave 2(bada os). I am not impresed with os but i loved the quality that they provided that actually had no problem till now. Hey after these many days of my struggle i actually got my phone on 28-01-2012 saturday. If you dont belive me call to sony and ask about above work order.

posted on 01 Mar 2012, 03:56

14. KWSiRay (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)

Hi, I have several issues with my XPeria Ray too and with the (french) after sales service.

My phone stopped working after 10 days, the 24-october-2011. Today (01-march-2012) I still don't have my phone back.

When it broke down I give it to a service center. They send it to a "factory". When the phone came back the motheboard have been change but they forgot to send the battery back too. I had to wait two more month to get my phone with all its "accessories".

After few minutes using my new repared phone it turns off because the battery was too low and then I was unable to recharge it. So after these 3 months I asked Sony-Ericsson to refund me or exchange my phone against a new one (out of the box). After few weeks they answered no .. because I have sent my phone to the service center only once and so I don't fulfill the exchange program conditions. Plus, "it would be unfair to do that for you while other customers have sent their phone back several times".

The french law says that hey have 1 month to repair the product .. I'm waiting since 4 months.

posted on 29 May 2012, 05:23

19. stelleto (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 May 2012)

@ KWSi RAY

The reply from your dealer is classic! Just shows how good the product is.

"it would be unfair to do that for you while other customers have sent their phone back several times".

now call all of them "unlucky to get a failure product"!

posted on 09 Apr 2012, 05:16

15. dazza (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)

2 year ago i invested in a sony xperia 10 contract phone,within first 3 month it was sent back twice faulty and repaired..never really trusted it again but it was fine so it put my trust back in sony i just thought i was unlucky with getting a faulty handset..so last week i bought a new sony xperia ray phone once again putting my trust in sony 4 days later same old problems phone screen goes blank when making calls and other faults only this time i aint goin stress and mess around sending it back i will cut my £200 losses and never but a crappy sony phone again.

posted on 16 May 2012, 10:03

16. Jerry_K_Jose (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 May 2012)

Anyone knows if there is any problem could happen with SE Xperia Ray if it drops to the floor ... for the first time and only for one time. ? .and if so there is any hidden problems with the hardware, how can I detect them, is there any hardware diagnostic tool available in android market..? What are the symptoms of defects caused by droping the phone while it is switched ON.. Kindly do reply to my questions to my e-mail address. jerry_k_jose@yahoo.com . Your help is WELL APPRECIATED..!! Thank you soo much..!

- Jerry

posted on 19 May 2012, 09:41

17. smikis (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 May 2012)

This is frustrating...i had pleasing experience with SE before but it ruined everything with Ray...
I had this getting blank screen when i wake the phone up...i have no clue what to do, coz i am not sure about those SE dealers...phone was was fit me due to its compact size..unfortunately only size is the only thing it gives as it s best...

I am not sure about software update could resolve this matter. wary performance issue..

i don't recommend this version of SE phone..however great if anyone could share if they found any recommendation for the blank screen issue

posted on 29 May 2012, 05:19

18. stelleto (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 May 2012)

I wish I had gone through this thread before i bought the Ray.

Somebody above was saying u cannot blame SE for a bad product they supply! When someone pays extra for a brand with similar or less features than a competitive brand (i was using samsung wave II before, except for the camera, RAY has nothing!), you cannot blame them for expecting the best.

I have to try calling thrice to get connected to a call. I have a blackberry which works well with the same provider. Also recently, all callers have to call me twice to speak with me coz the first call when answered just cuts off. If I enter a place with weak signal, my BB works but RAY shows no network coverage.

Lot of other issues like horrible volume for media player, does not play any other video format than MP4...etc which i thought was ok if the damned thing was working well. The headphones were replaced twice coz it stopped working after 2-3 months. After updating to adroid 4.0, the networking issues have just gone up! now thankfully, the phone hangs too in between (i dont browse internet with this phone to get some malicious software, only official mails).

I set up a mail account in this. When I refresh it and if mails are more than 10 or 12, old ones get deleted! Maybe a settings issue, but neither the customer care station nor other gfuys could solve this for me.

It just looks good. Thats it. If you dont mind gambling with your money, please go and get this phone coz as someone said above, you most probably will be "unlucky to get a failure product"

posted on 10 Nov 2012, 01:25

20. DeepPrakash (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)

Sony Ericsson Xperia ray showing 8 mp camera but is camera quality is too bad there is no resolution showing..is there any wayy to change resolution for better picture..and also i am not able to send any installed game via bluetooth??...can anyone help me on these issues???

posted on 10 Nov 2012, 01:26

21. DeepPrakash (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)

Sony Ericsson Xperia ray showing 8 mp camera but is camera quality is too bad there is no resolution showing..is there any wayy to change resolution for better picture..and also i am not able to send any installed game via bluetooth??...can anyone help me on these issues???

posted on 09 Dec 2012, 13:41

22. KevinBarrett (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)

I am having the same problem, the resolution is set at 72 anyone have an answer please?

posted on 22 Jul 2013, 14:47

23. vigi74 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)

hi all, i am using xperia ray for more than a year now..lately i am facing a problem with my camera..instead of giving a clarity of 8mp its nowadays showing a clarity of around 3-4mp (what i can feel) and this was a sudden change..dont rilly know the reason..(persists even if i change the resolution settings in the camera of 2/6/8mp) can you help me with the issue..thanking in advance..

posted on 06 Aug 2013, 06:59

24. FrancB1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)

3 friends have the same problem. By turning on the phone it vibrates and displays Sony logo and nothing more. It can't be turned off, only vith removing the battery. The operators service says it was wet (watter). It is not true. Is there somebody to help? Franc Bračko from Slovenia.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories