x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc vs LG Optimus 2x

Ofanis 04 Sep 2011, 16:39 posted on

Hey guys...
...here's the thing, I'm about to purchase a new cellphone and it has come down to these 2 (renewing my contract with a carrier), I've looked at dozens of video reviews, read all kinda stuff 'bout the cellphones, even played around with both of them, however, I'd like to hear opinions of some people who actually own one of these phones (or both of them), any complaints, problems, good stuff etc.

I'm leaning towards the Arc ATM, if it had dual core processor it would be a shoe-in, however, I'm a bit sceptical, considering this phone will have to do for the next 2 years or so and I'm using almost everything a smartphone has to offer (excluding a front facing camera, that really plays no part what so ever).

Here's the way I see it:
XPERIA ARC:
- Pros: lightweight, bravia engine, camera, slightly bigger screen, the design
- Cons: 1-core processor, don't like the UI that much, I've have heard that it has problems with overheating, don't know if it's true though

OPTIMUS 2X:
- Pros: UI (not as great as touchwiz or sense, but it does the trick for me), dual core processor, 1080p video (although 720p is good enough for me to be honest)
- camera (at least they say Arc's is better, all over the net), weight, have had small, irritating problems with LG phones before (not with these new-gen phones though)

Things that I especially need are a good enough camera (especially for photographs), for the phone to be pocketable to some extent (not to heavy) and performance is of great deal as well, I hate stuttering (hence my scepticism regarding 1-core processor).

...any piece of advice would be good and I'd appreciate it, if you know what are you talking about of course, I'd appreciate it if only people who have used one of/both phones would comment, because otherwise there's no point heh.

Thx in advance

posted on 04 Dec 2011, 09:22

1. harfy (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)

hi,
I had LG optimus 2x before and I swapped it with Xperia ARC.
I preferred Arc because of many advantages, I can summarize with
1. screen color is much better
2. camera pictures is better too.
3. overall working with phone is easier and not hangs up a lot.
4. ARC has better repetition and support in my country
that not mean that the phone does not has a problem, but it for me me much better than LG optimus 2x. really I regret to buy it.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories