x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Is it worth to buy Arc S and im using Arc

viraj.patel1988 23 Feb 2012, 06:00 posted on

Hello,

I am little confused what shall i do, is it worth to buy ARC S (i am using arc)..
If yes then can i know what is the newly added serives and fetures which is not there in arc ...?

Thanks.

posted on 24 Feb 2012, 09:53 1

1. ivanprskalo (Posts: 117; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)

Those two are almost identical phones and you won't get much of a performacce improvement with new purchase. Instead of that, you might want go to xda-developers site and find way8s) how improve your arc on the level with arc S or higher performance.
Personaly, I have do it myself (DoomLord kernel v19 on XperiaMod (or Arconium) +Supercharger V6 +ZipIt v11...) All that grants me score 4155 in AnTuTu benchmark, for example, smooth interface, lots of free RAM and internal memory, ability to overclock CPU up to raging 2000MHz and on the top of all almost two days (41h) of battery life with normal, every days usage.
Just look around that site for a while and all will be clearer to you.
For start, Yes, you have to root your phone and unlock bootloader to achieve all mentioned, but since you are thinking about buying new one (and probably selling curent one) you have nothing to lose. I have done it myself, without any extra knowledge... Now I have phone with performance above arc S and I am in avaiting to upgrade on xperia S or something like that in near future.
I hope this helps..

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories