Sony Ericsson W902 User Reviews

tudy86
posted on 10 Feb 2011, 12:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Feb 2011)

Great phone, but hate the adapter

tudy86 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have this phone for about a year and a couple of months and I love it. It is a phone dedicated to music and it also has a good camera, that would be the short description.
In longer words, it is a phone that can be used for mainly everything you do. You can film and take photos with it (as long as you don't plan on having incredible-quality videos/photos, it is good to catch an UFO but not to make a movie about them). The music player and the sound quality are brilliant, except the speaker which is mainly pretty lousy.
There are only two things I hate about my phone, firstly (I think this may be a defect of only my phone) dust always enters in the front camera's location and it can be quite annoying, also the light sensor is blurred and the phone might have "light variations". The thing I hate most, and because of which I had tot take my phone in service twice is the Sony Ericsson adapter, the one where you can plug the headphones, the charger, the tripod (if you have one) and any other SE accessory. It is a very good idea to make this but it can be very annoying when it breaks so often.

Build quality 9/10 It is built very well, except the slot where you fit the headphones/charger/USB adapter, it can be pretty annoying if you for example play a game.
Reception 9/10 I never had any real problems with reception, where other phones had signal, mine also had, where some phones had no signal neither did mine so there's nothing against it.
Call quality 10/10 The calls are flawless, I had no problems with hearing the person at the end of the "line" or making myself heard, except when it the problem was with the other person's phone or when I had problems with the jack.
Internet 10/10 I don't use the internet because I don't have the correct settings which allow me to access it. So I will just give it a 10
Multimedia 10/10 Multimedia is arranged very well, music, images, videos and other information is structured very well.
Camera 9/10 The camera has a good resolution, 5Mpx is enough for me but my old 4.2Mpx camera takes much better photos so if you want something to take picturesm buy yourself a camera, or a cybershot at least.
UI speed 9/10 If you don't fill the the with a lot of data, as then it would go much slower.
Everyday usage 9/10 The phone is very good alarm clock, a good calendar, phonebook and many other things. The option of fast-call enables you to call somebody just by typing their name in the main window.
Text input 9/10 If you have pretty big fingers the keypad will be pretty difficult to use, still, it uses the T9 very well as I finish a normal SMS in half the time needed usually.
Display 10/10 The display can be quite small so, if you want to watch a video with more people on it it's not the best solution. If you don't really do this too often the screen will be perfect.
Battery 9/10 The battery life is pretty good still, don't forget your charger if you go on a roadtrip and you listen to a lot of music because the battery will most surely die.

Pros

• Music player
  • The camera
  • Side buttons, good when on the run

Cons

• The Sony Ericsson adapter
  • The Walkman button can be quite useless, except when opening the player

Johnscooby123
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 15:27

Fantastic

Just got this mobile a few days ago and it is an amazing piece of kit with so many features to use, i felt the side buttons really easty to use and operate the gyroscopics or whateer its called which turns music volume up and down by tilting the mobile was tricky at first but is easily managable after a few goes, i am left handed and changing tracks was a pain for me as the button is off centre but thats just nit-picking..
I noticed the shape of the phone was perfect to fit in the hand and thet diamond grip pattern is great for those nudges on the bus or train. The music player is great although there are lots of "Pages" to go through to reach a song which can be time consuming. The camera is fantastic, 5mp is great especially since the cybershot version has exactly the same features except one option to print pictures directly from the phone but if you chose this phone then that's obviously not why you bought the W902.

Pros

Cons

• Sluggish in some areas
  • Walkman button off-centre not suited to left handed people