Sony Ericsson W810 User Reviews

Text input8.3/10
Everyday usage9.3/10
UI speed7.7/10

Satnamreg
posted on 01 Oct 2013, 02:57 (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)

One of the best phones I've ever had.

Satnamreg has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've used this awesome phone for full 7 years!!! Can anyone imagine that? :D
I can't believe it myself! :D
It had really great camera (as for 2 MP), great durability (I've dropped it for 100 times and it survived perfectly), great speaker, player, battery longevity...

Pros

• Very durable
  • Music player

Cons

• Could be a bit bigger screen
  • Plastic body.
  • Thick

maxmousee
posted on 19 Sep 2011, 01:23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)

maxmousee has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Great phone, had it for 2 years until I was robbed.
The one con is the camera button that wasn't working so good anymore and the phone's cables that were proprietary and broke often.
In comparison to simple dumb-phones, I think this is one of the best.
Mine never let me down.

Build quality 9/10 Just the camera button wasn't so good.
Reception 10/10 Never had any signal issues.
Call quality 9/10 Speaker good, mic ok.
Internet 7/10 Wap was OK. Not a full browser but WAP worked good.
Multimedia 10/10 Great music and video player. Walkman. Headphones had a nice sound quality.
Camera 10/10 The best 2 Mpx camera I ever saw in a phone
UI speed 7/10 Deppending on the Memory Card size, it got a little laggy sometimes.
Text input 10/10 Good size of the keys but wasn't a qwerty keyboard, of course.
Battery 7/10 Battery life was just ok.

• Walkman phone
  • Headphone's sound quality
  • Memory stick pro duo
  • AAC support

Cons

• proprietary headphone
  • UI gets clunky sometimes

Tsunami777
posted on 09 Dec 2010, 11:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)

Totally Sweet Phone..... but.

Tsunami777 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone was great! I used it until I needed to upgrade to a smartphone. Held out until the last minute to do that. This phone was so functional. The camera option was great! Took great pictures and operated quickly! The OS was snappy and quick and options were many. The design was totally cool. I love candybar phones. Battery life was fantastic (like 3-4 days without a charge). The only complaint I had with the phone was that the call quality was mediocre. Calls were too quiet!!! I couldn't turn up the volume as loud as I wanted! Everything else was AWESOME!!!

Pros

• Functional
  • Great camers - easy to use - good pictures
  • small size
  • storage expansion
  • great design
  • cool walkman option!

Cons

• call quality was poor - too quiet

posted on 21 Feb 2010, 22:19

I used this phone for over two years, from mid-2007 (when it was being discontinued) to late 2009. During that time, I never once had it lock up or reboot on me, almost never had a dropped call or data session, nor ever had any physical problems with the phone.  Yes, it's very basic, but for a basic phone it is very nice.  The music player (which is the reason I chose this phone in the first place, along with the price - I got the floor model and it was free after rebate) is very nice and easy to navigate, and the external speaker sounds better than an iPhone's.  The camera, while low in megapixels, is high quality, decent in low-light situations, and has a VERY bright flash.  The browser is your basic WAP stuff, nothing terrible about it.  I did drop this phone a few times, and other than a couple minor cosmetic marks there were no problems.  The biggest drawbacks for me were the screen size, the button size, and the fact that it was too easy to put the phone into Walkman mode - the button on the left side near the top pressed way too easily in my pocket.  Also, the memory card cover leaves a lot to be desired.  All in all, this really is an excellent phone, and if you're looking for a phone on ebay (or elsewhere) that's inexpensive but feature-packed, you'll be hard-pressed to do better than this one.

Pros

• durability, music player, speakers, camera, flash

Cons

• screen size, button size, memory card cover

Tavo
posted on 24 Jun 2009, 14:30

Very good phone!

I have this phone 18 months, and it NEVER has failed. Open it or poweroff to restart it ? never!
It feels cool and it's beautiful even now, with all the touch screen fever.
My best phone until now...

Burba
posted on 02 Jun 2009, 16:53

Good Phone

The W810 is probably the best phone i've owned. So far it has been a trooper, it's taking a beating and has also survived two swims in the lake, and one in a puddle and one while canoeing. I just popped the battery out and let it dry out. The phone works great overall, it is a little small but you get use to it quick. One thing i do love about the phone is i can use the bluetooth to connect to the internet on my laptop on the road or house through the network profile service. The camera is also pretty good, i've taking many pictures with it while hiking, and canoeing. In all i would give the phone a 9 out of 10. There are a few little things i didn't like such as only one text message sound for everyone and you can't use data and voice at the same time. Besides that i can't really complain its been a good phone.

Pros

• mp3 player, dependable, takes a beating, storage w/media, camera is pretty good,

Cons

• little small, screen hard to see in bright sun, only 1 txt msg sound, no voice and data at the same time.

Johnscooby123
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 15:16

Awesome

2 Years later and this phone works as good as new not a glitch or fault what so ever, unbelievably stable phone it has been dropped many times and nothing wrong but a few scratches. I had been looking for months for an upgrade to this but after 2 years this was still a tough one i only got the W902 a few days ago since posting this review and to be honest the W810 is still the most remarkable mobile phone i have ever had.
If your looking for a really cheap phone just for work or daily things such as music and internet then after 3 years since the release this is perfect even now! Very easy to use and the features are not hidden behind 5 pages of options in the menu making things like camera email and internet easy to reach. The music player is great especially for heavy music as the Mega Bass is amazing. Rarely if never lags, only slow feature is the loading time from when you switch it on ut that is barely even notable.

tkhaab
posted on 09 Dec 2008, 19:57

excellent phone

I love this Phone!! I had it for 2 years. Still in great shape not a scratch on it. Still Funtions 100% rarely blacks out. but the camera is not the best. over time the camera lens will wear out. battery life is not so great. i had to replace battery once. if you listen to music for about an hour the battery will die. but if u listen for just 10 mins battery will get a "low battery" sign and when u turn it off the battery level will go back up to normal. MP3 player has a excellent sound. but it will get less loud in the future. FM radio is great. gets good reception and sound. speaker phone is not the best. very poor, hard to hear, but its alright. Texting is great with the T9 function. i can text really fast. i love how the phone does not show any signs of laggyness. VERY VERY FAST! it has a durable design and feel. dropped it ONCE and it does not have a single scratch or mark on it. it will collect dust A LOT of it.

Pros

• T9 texting
  • very fast

Cons

• speaker phone sound

Job
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 19:35

I have had this phone for 16 months, and have loved it!The camera is great!  Very durable, I have droped and soaked this phone many time and it keeps working!  "old Phone"  Works better than most new ones!

Pros

• Camera is the best I have seen! Love this phone!

Cons

• Button placement is left to be desired.. My fingers are too big and when I hang up I go on the internet...

Mahendra
posted on 06 Sep 2008, 02:45

Battery Concern

Hi,
I have been using this mobile fr the last 4 months and find a big concern with the battery. Its discharging very fast and no stand by also. I have already replaced the battey once. Can any one advise what can be done to increase the talk time n stand by.

Sam
posted on 31 Jul 2008, 18:27

This is a great, durable (dropped it many times without problems) and beautiful phone. I travel internationally and I use it in most GSM countries with the local SIM card - of course you will need the unlocked version. Enough has been said about the many features, but no one has mentioned the alarm feature which works even when the phone is turned off. It's designed to gradually get louder - building in crescendo until you awake - what a design! The Ericsson customer service was great - giving me advice and a replacement battery - even though I bought the phone from Amazon. I am a true believer - bravo Ericsson!!!!

ceca
posted on 10 Jul 2008, 07:20

it rocks

this phone is excellent! already 2 years that i have it and still no problems!! i would recommend it to everyone whos looking to buy a new phone

Robert E. Olsen
posted on 10 Jun 2008, 08:11

Excellent Phone

I bought this phone a year ago for the camera quality and the FM radio capability. I have never used it as an FM radio or as a music playback device, but the 2 meg camera is excellent. Pictures are sharp, color saturation is good, and a little manipulation with any standard software makes them better. I will stay with Sony Ericcson and move up to the C902 5 meg camera when it is released.

Kid1801
posted on 19 Apr 2008, 10:05

love it

i picked up this phone for cheaper than all the leading brands. its a very good one, and even though its "old from 2006", doesnt mean its bad. it rocks and the screen may be small, but its like my little pda music phone
i LOVE it! I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice deal, meaning a cheap phone, but with great qualities!

WhiteWolf
posted on 30 Mar 2008, 05:36

Great Phone, Great Features

After more than an year of dailly use I may say that the phone works and looks like in day one. Nothing changes from the moment I buy it; verry good materials, fiable and reliable software.
Does not matter it's an "old" model. Buying it worth all the money

Nagendra
posted on 17 Mar 2008, 08:38

Good...Better

The Plus point is its audio quality when listen with ear phones( i don know whether its due to the ear phone plugin design or the internal walkman design). Minuz are it has less features...say pixel rate, screen size...and a lot of minor bugs .
It can be rated as a better Walkman phone.

Mladen
posted on 22 Feb 2008, 09:41

AVERAGE=THE BEST

I have this mobile for about a year and a half, and I can see now that I fulfill all the requirements to post a review here ;). At the time that I bought this phone it was one of the best all-in-one mobiles...well almost.
First main pros:
- Solid build quality, plastic case even after almost two years looks like new with no scratches, num pads too, only thing that shows some damage of usage is that ,,silver'' D-pad and button for starting the camera but not to much. Only thing that I didn't like from the moment when I bought this fone was that plastic case releases some crackle sounds when you press it harder but I get used to it after time. Design in that time was one of the best.
-Camera, this was my favorite option on this phone. I think the best 2Mpx camera on the market in 2006. I'm not ashamed even now, to show some of the best photos that I made with this phone, when you have 5Mpx cameras on mobile phones. I have even printed few photos on 13cm x18cm photo paper and looked great (outside photos offcourse). Macro mode is great I had problems with photos in low light conditions but
-Walkman. Great sound that you get with the included HPM-70 earphones. It has on it classic jack connector so you can put in it even better earphones if you want.
-Battery. Even now it's more than good 3-4 days of normal usage sometimes even longer.
-Memory. It comes originally with 512MB MS Pro duo card, I'm using now one with 2GB phone response is almost the same with it halfway full.
-USB....

Bob Flinsty
posted on 18 Feb 2008, 21:02

CHA CHING MONEY DONT MATTER

This is such a good phone. I dropped it in hot water, accidently left it in the icebox for 3 days, ran over it with my car, and accidently let it fall into the trash...but it still works!

PS: After i ran over it with a car, i got it fixed... but i never replaced its battery once! SO IT WORKS

price: REGARDLESS THE PRICE, IT ROX

Kate
posted on 15 Feb 2008, 21:38

best!!!

i have had this phone for 2 years now in white color it works great! the sound is great, camera is great!! after i got this phone i don't want anything else ofcourse i will try upgrading to new one, but to anybody who's looking to by this phone you wont regret!!!

P.S.
droped it a million times, even in warn water took the battery out let it dry for a day and it works as good as new! while other phones i heard after falling or water stop working!!

matthew
posted on 27 Dec 2007, 13:12

all rounder

this phone is a good camera phone and a amazoing music phone with amazing battery and functions. it only lacks wi fi forme but if you want a phone for music and camera the 810 is for you!!!

Salman Khan
posted on 06 Nov 2007, 22:14

hey guys SonyEricsson W810i is the best phone i've ever used. It has got every function that i want to have in my phone. Best value for money

deborah
posted on 12 Oct 2007, 11:32

COOLEST PHONE EVER

the unique phone i have ever got in my life

very small in with great things in it

Samuel
posted on 29 Sep 2007, 10:15

THE MOST STYLISH PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD

Photos are only ok though, but do the job. Navigating some of the functions can be awkward - remembering what does what and where to find it.

I love the feel of the phone and general ease of use and I am only going to change now to the N95 which I have on order - basically for the Camera and GPS. KNowing Nokia's problems with software reliability on the N80 and battery life I wonder how long it will be before I switch back though !

Videos is all thay that i needed in the such stylish phone but i have got it

HELLlo
posted on 27 Aug 2007, 11:41

Good job! SE

It wasn't me who actually got the phone, but I did have the chance to play with it for a few days. The features are great and easy to use, loud yet clear sound, large and crisp display. And since it's a SE, it has a excellent camera equipped with a flash and a auto-focus to make it somewhat the best in its class. I had the choice between this and the KRZR, and I chose the Krzr because I didn't really fancy the style. It's a candy bar phone, meaning you'll have to lock your keys like...once every 10 mins. And sorry to say this, but the plastic look appears cheap. Other thing I didn't like was the interface/menu. I noticed that it's smoother, but it is SLOW. What i mean is, that "slide" action you get when you switch around in the interface/menu annoys me a little, because when there is an emergency, I doubt that you're going to appreciate that. The things above are 100% personal opinion, so if you really want to buy the phone, go ahead, look at my rating and you'll know that there aren't much problems.

Jason
posted on 18 Jul 2007, 19:14

Almost Perfect Phone

This is my 2nd Sony Ericsson phone and I must say I am very pleased with it. It has fulfilled my expectations and performs well in all areas, the phone is compact and comfortable when held in your hand, its also has a solid feel to it and does not feel cheap. The phone offers a 2 mp camera which works very well as well as a flash light option which is a nice option to have. The phone also has a good battery life even with the use of the walkman features. Sony also offers a good package including the data cable and very good oem headphones to use with the phone. The d-pad is also a nice alternative to the joy stick. Call quality is good although not that loud, it can be difficult to hear someone in a busy or noisy environment. The ringer is also not as loud as I would like and is about average. Besides that the phone is almost perfect in any other sense, the screen is sharp and bright, the keypad is responsive and the sound quality is great I have no real complaints and would easily recommend the phone