Sony Ericsson K790 User Reviews

Sayanan.DR
posted on 06 Aug 2011, 03:23

need help

Sayanan.DR has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

iam not expert in english, i will try to express my mind in english. friens i saw a k790i for 2nds ina mobile shop. they say 2000/- for 790i. i hope that to buy that phone. but my question is , may i buy this phone confidently.? . iam not expert in english, i will try to express my mind in english. friens i saw a k790i for 2nds ina mobile shop. they say 2000/- for 790i. i hope that to buy that phone. but my question is , may i buy this phone confidently.? .

posted on 28 Dec 2009, 10:03

have had the phone for 18 months, no complaints but suddenly last week a white strip appeared on the contact list

a few days later I tried to upload a phone list from another phone using bluetooth and the phone died

I get a brief white screen while turning it on and then nothing,

I don't know if it can be fixed nor do I know if rogers has any warrantee on those since I bought it on a 2 or 3 year plan,
I live in the Toronto area
Mike

Jayvee Yao
posted on 09 Aug 2009, 12:29

amazing!

the phone is really good; I captured lots of moments with this phone; and with the 3.2 megapixel, it makes me have excellent pics if I save those pics to my PC; harhar! very good phone, it rocks! Ü

Pros

Cons

• not very good speakers.

Mike
posted on 03 Apr 2008, 09:35

Worst Customer Service Ever!!!

I bought a K790a last year. After 6 months of owning this phone it suddenly stopped working one day. The screen would flash on and off and nothing seems to work.

I sent it to Sony Ericsson to fix it and they sent it back to me saying it's water damaged even though I'm 100% sure it didn't touch water anywhere. The white strip inside the phone is still white. They claimed it could be humidity from the air that caused corrosion. How bad is this phone's design that it can be damaged from humidity??? That's just ridiculous.

So now my phone is dead and they won't fix it. They wasted my time trying to call them and sending them the phone. Very rude service reps too. Worst customer support ever!!!

Arun
posted on 10 Dec 2007, 21:00

Very Good phone

I bought this phone in INDIA (unlocked) , started using it in the USA with T-Mobile.
Positives of the cam:
- Very good reception (compared to other T-mobiles in the same area)
- Very very clear screen (high resolution)
- 3.2mp cam (replaces digi cams to some extent)
- Music is very good (no bass)

Negatives:
- Bulky

And above all, many people asked abt this phone when i carry it around, almost became a status symbol :)

Sumair Khan
posted on 06 Jun 2007, 08:19

Gr8 Phone

I bought this phone for 19,500(Pakistani Rupee) or US $325. I have been using this phone for just 6 days but this phone has totally amazed me. The Camera quality is excellent and the Xenon flash is very useful for taking pictures in low lighting conditions. The flash is sooooooooo bright, even if u take pics in complete darkness it looks like u have taken in daylight...believe me!!!!!!!!!. The Red eye reduction is a very handy feature, when activated the flash will flicker.

The thing that has disappointed me is the sound quality. Its not loud like the K750. But still its average.

It plays MP4 Format in 320x240 Resolution. Well i will rrecommend dis phone to all tech junkies around da globe.

mac
posted on 24 Feb 2007, 00:42

5.2

i need help

hi i reviwed the phone many times watching video after video just for my sons 16 birthday and i was wondering should i get this phone i like it but can u sset ur mp3 as a ringtone

NaveenKumar
posted on 10 Jan 2007, 06:19

Pictures take with K790i

wanna know the quality of the pictures taken with this cam here u r

Praveen
posted on 30 Dec 2006, 12:45

K790???!!!!!!!!!!

Hi
I waited for this phone for last 5 to 6 months to buy it. But when I started to use this, I feel very sad.. coz this phone was not up to my expectation. I will list the advantages and mins points
advs
1. 3.2 mega pix camera - too nice to take photos
2. Massive speed in internet
3. Bigger display and nice fonts
5. Advanced bluetooth profiles (A2DP)
6. Nice network coverage compared to other SE phones

Disvds
1. Cheap sound quality
2. Software issues
3. Big in size, compared to other SE phones.
4. Non avilabiliy of M2 Micro memmory cards (>1gb)
5. Low battery backup

To be frank, I didn't like this phone..so i've to return to my previous W810i.

Praveen

Dan
posted on 04 Dec 2006, 14:03

Awesome Phone

Don't listen to Gabe. He's bitter. It is the same music player as the walkman phones just lacking the mega bass boost mode. I had a W810i for 2 months before I switched to this phone for the higher quality camera, A2DP support, QVGA screen, 70MB on-board memory, and just barely larger screen. I've used Sony Ericsson phones since my T68i with a slight break for a crap nokia that just had the features that no reasonably priced SE had at the time. This phone is amazing. I'd suggest it to anyone that doesn't mind paying 400+ for a phone.

gabriel berry
posted on 28 Nov 2006, 22:26

K790

i didnt like this phone at all, the only thing i liked about it was its camera the rest suxx, the mp3 player is a cheap copy of the walkmans menus, i love and like much more the sony ericsson walkman phone than this crapy mobile phone, not recomended for buying!!

jagrut
posted on 23 Sep 2006, 20:04

d best fone !

really a great fone ! not gotta digicam, i opted this instead n voila!! it rocks. the pictures stunningly beautiful.now no more need a regular digicam. n superb mp3 sound. m using as mp3 player while travelling. so guyes a fantastic cell fone at last!!!