Sony Ericsson K550 User Reviews

Reception8.5/10
Build quality6.5/10
UI speed8.5/10

u87000
posted on 27 Dec 2013, 04:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)

best phone I ever had

u87000 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Very good phone, have more function with nowadays phones. Even you can use it as remote control for computer. No troubles with anything. Have cover for camera, two led's. Battery holds 12 days, no limitations whatsoever.

Build quality 5/10 squiky rear panel

arlinazaki
posted on 06 Oct 2011, 02:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)

Best I ever had

arlinazaki has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I dropped it in a toilet bowl and it still functioned for a good full 4 months before it finally died on me. It has a lot of shortcut buttons, the camera was great for a 2mp, you can mark songs, pictures and messages easily to delete some or move to another folder, good speaker, you can see the picture of the person who texted you and many other cool features :D

Alejandro Nova
posted on 27 Nov 2009, 10:13

Good phone.

After long months with this phone, I'm still amazed at what can I do. It made me forget about smartphones, iPhones, and the like, and it has some tricks that no smartphone can do. The signal quality is pretty decent, and you can find it pretty cheap these days. I recommend.

Pros

• - This phone has Bluetooth AND IR support (rare these days)! You can keep yourself connected with new and legacy phones and devices.
  • - Despite its small screen, support for heavy Java apps is there.
  • - You can use it as a control device, to control Powerpoint and generic Windows.
  • - The double LED flash has saved my life 2 or 3 times. Never go out of home without a lightless cell phone.

Cons

• - Battery life (medium to low).
  • - The 2.0 Mp camera can't zoom while working at 2.0 Mp.
  • - Minor OS quirks, and the interface didn't pass the Mom test.
  • - Ugly.

tomAs
posted on 14 Mar 2009, 20:32

just a great phone

i had it about one year and it hav never failed to me. the only thing is that passed the year some pixels died but no big deal

sorry for my inglish but i´m from chile (near argentina)

Pros

• great colours in the screan
  • great camera for it´s price
  • a great cam protector

Cons

• a browser button(internet is so expensive and it conect´s itself)
  • number buttons hurt my fingers!

posted on 02 Apr 2008, 23:38

K550 is a good phone

i had it about one month and all i can say that is great phone. Is a well balanced phone for how much it cost. i reconmended if you dont have enough money for a walkman, buy this one.

salomon
posted on 26 Feb 2008, 20:57

K550i is great !!!

I've got this phone last week. i realy like some ringtones in this phone. Special is "Classic phone". i want to copy & save it on my computer, but i can't copy to memory phone or memory stick. Can anyone help me !!!
thanks so much

Vignesh C
posted on 31 Jan 2008, 23:41

Amazing Cybershot

With me for a year almost, and had been a trusty companion from being a good phone, nice camera for outdoor snaps and a worthy mp3 player and a gaming gizmo.

Manikandan
posted on 25 Jan 2008, 12:14

Great K550i

The K550i is a great midrange phone with almost all features in compact..with excellent photo facility and so on....really worth to have a good mobile like this one...

lyndon
posted on 03 Jan 2008, 11:26

excellent phone

I bought one las week to use for inetnet access on my pc @ home, I didn't know what it was (total cat-in-bag purchase). as soon as i took the phone out of the box I fell in love with it.
i hav a moto v3x and I'm getting rid of it as we speak & making the k550 my new personal phone. the thing that suprised me the most is that it has so much features packed into such a small neat phone for such a low price.

my only fault / complaint with the phone is that its soo lightweight & small that I barely feel its presence in my shtirt pocket & that it might fall out & I wouldnt know, so basically I hav no complaints lol

hit92
posted on 23 Dec 2007, 18:34

WMA files

hey guys how do u get it to play WMA files. it keeps on saying "file type not supported"

Ram
posted on 29 Sep 2007, 21:21

Simply superb

The phone is very slim.When compared to the features of this phone with W810i,it is more or less similar.There are only two functions are missing,one is night mode(camera) another one is megabass.But it is worth for money.

Ex_libris
posted on 13 Jun 2007, 10:01

Best phone I ever touched

This is by far the best phone I ever laid my hands on. For $250 I got everything I needen + a little more! Instant access to Internet, e-mail and RSS. With Google Gmail Java applet I can send and read my e-mail wherever I am! The only draw back is that the player can't show iPod movies. But I can live with that. This is definitely value for money!

BeJiggle
posted on 26 May 2007, 00:28

Sony Ericsson K550i

This phone rocks! I have a Sony Ericsson Z525a. W810i, and now a K550i. This phone beats them all, and it has more features than the 810i.

The button may take some getting used to, but after a few minutes with the phone, you get used to it ( I have big hands, I would know).

The camera isn't as good as on the W810i, but I didn't buy this phone to take place of my digital camera.

Some benifits over w810i:
Larger Font

Some drawbacks over w810i:
No flash themes
Camera isn't as good
No Walkman Feature, although there is a real good media player
No Megabass

Dustin
posted on 11 May 2007, 15:01

AWESOME PHONE!!

This phone is awesome. This phone is great for the money and has a sick 2mp camera. I had a Samsung D900 which was 3mp camera and I see no difference. Very small and light weight. Cool keypad desgin metal look. Loud speaker. Plays movies mp3s. HTML internet always a plus. BRIGHT flash and flash light. M2 memory card. This phone has it all I purchesed it for less than $300 bucks and it was worth every penny.